Words containing c, h, l, a
5 letter words containing c, h, l, a
- balch — Emily Greene, 1867–1961, U.S. economist, sociologist, and author: Nobel Peace Prize 1946.
- calah — Biblical name of Kalakh.
- chalk — Chalk is a type of soft white rock. You can use small pieces of it for writing or drawing with.
- chela — a large pincer-like claw of such arthropods as the crab and scorpion
- chola — the conventional attire of Sikhs consisting of a long, loose shirt
6 letter words containing c, h, l, a
- achill — an island off the coast of NW Ireland. 14 miles (23 km) long; 11 miles (18 km) wide.
- archil — orchil
- archly — in an arch manner; pertly and mischievously
- balche — (among the Yucatec Maya) a drink made from the bark of a leguminous tree, Lonchocarpus violaceus, which is soaked in honey and water and fermented.
- baluch — Baluchi.
7 letter words containing c, h, l, a
- acaleph — any of the coelenterates of the former taxonomic group Acalephae, which included the jellyfishes
- achiral — able to be superimposed on its mirror image
- acholia — a condition involving partial or complete lack of bile secretion
- acholic — lack of a secretion of bile.
- alchemy — Alchemy was a form of chemistry studied in the Middle Ages, which was concerned with trying to discover ways to change ordinary metals into gold.
8 letter words containing c, h, l, a
- ach-laut — the voiceless velar fricative sound that is written as ch in Scottish loch or in German ach, often allophonic with the ich-laut
- achelous — a river god who changed into a snake and a bull while fighting Hercules but was defeated when Hercules broke off one of his horns
- achilary — having no labellum or lip, or one that is undeveloped, as in the flower of certain orchids.
- achillea — any plant of the N temperate genus Achillea, with white, yellow, or purple flowers, some species of which are widely grown as garden plants: family Asteraceae (composites)
- achilles — Greek hero, the son of Peleus and the sea goddess Thetis: in the Iliad the foremost of the Greek warriors at the siege of Troy. While he was a baby his mother plunged him into the river Styx making his body invulnerable except for the heel by which she held him. After slaying Hector, he was killed by Paris who wounded him in the heel
9 letter words containing c, h, l, a
- abimelech — a king of Gerar, who made a peace agreement with Abraham. Gen. 20, 21.
- acephalic — having no head or one that is reduced and indistinct
- achalasia — failure of the cardiac sphincter of the oesophagus to relax, resulting in difficulty in swallowing
- acheilary — having no labellum or lip, or one that is undeveloped, as in the flower of certain orchids.
- acheulean — designating or of a Lower Paleolithic culture characterized by skillfully made bifacial flint hand axes
10 letter words containing c, h, l, a
- accomplish — If you accomplish something, you succeed in doing it.
- acephalous — having no head or one that is reduced and indistinct, as certain insect larvae
- achievable — If you say that something you are trying to do is achievable, you mean that it is possible for you to succeed in doing it.
- achimelech — Ahimelech.
- achitophel — Ahithophel
11 letter words containing c, h, l, a
- acanthology — the study of spines, as in sea urchins or certain spiny-headed worms, particularly as they relate to taxonomic classification.
- achlamydate — not chlamydate; having neither mantle nor pallium.
- acidophilic — easily stained with acid dyes
- acidophilus — a lactic-acid-producing bacterium primarily found in live yoghurt, useful in restoring bacterial balance in the intestine
- acraldehyde — acrolein.
12 letter words containing c, h, l, a
- accomplished — If someone is accomplished at something, they are very good at it.
- accomplisher — to bring to its goal or conclusion; carry out; perform; finish: to accomplish one's mission.
- acetaldehyde — a colourless volatile pungent liquid, miscible with water, used in the manufacture of organic compounds and as a solvent and reducing agent. Formula: CH3CHO
- achlamydeous — (of flowers such as the willow) having neither petals nor sepals
- achlorhydria — the absence of free hydrochloric acid in the gastric juice
13 letter words containing c, h, l, a
- accelerograph — an accelerometer containing a pendulum device for measuring and recording ground motions produced by earthquakes.
- acetylcholine — a chemical substance secreted at the ends of many nerve fibres, esp in the autonomic nervous system, and responsible for the transmission of nervous impulses. Formula: CH3CO2(CH2)2N(CH3)3+
- achromatophil — Also, achromatophilic [ey-kruh-mat-uh-fil-ik, ak-ruh-, ey-kroh-muh-tuh-] /ˌeɪ krəˌmæt əˈfɪl ɪk, ˌæk rə-, eɪˌkroʊ mə tə-/ (Show IPA). having little or no affinity for stains.
- acrylaldehyde — acrolein.
- aesthetically — in an aesthetic manner
14 letter words containing c, h, l, a
- accomplishable — to bring to its goal or conclusion; carry out; perform; finish: to accomplish one's mission.
- accomplishment — An accomplishment is something remarkable that has been done or achieved.
- achondroplasia — a skeletal disorder, characterized by failure of normal conversion of cartilage into bone, that begins during fetal life and results in dwarfism
- agrotechnology — the technology of agriculture, as the methods or machinery needed for efficient production.
- alpha-receptor — a site on a cell that, upon interaction with epinephrine or norepinephrine, controls vasoconstriction, intestinal relaxation, pupil dilation, and other physiological processes.
15 letter words containing c, h, l, a
- acanthocephalan — any of the parasitic wormlike invertebrates of the phylum Acanthocephala, the adults of which have a spiny proboscis and live in the intestines of vertebrates
- achlorophyllous — containing no chlorophyll.
- achromatophilia — the property of having little or no affinity for stains.
- aix-la-chapelle — Aachen
- allotriomorphic — (of minerals) not having their own regular shape (as determined by their internal structure) but being shaped instead by adjacent minerals
16 letter words containing c, h, l, a
- adjustable-pitch — (of a marine or aircraft propeller) having blades whose pitch can be changed while the propeller is stationary, chiefly to suit various conditions of navigation or flight.
- alpha-adrenergic — of or having to do with an alpha receptor
- alpha-tocopherol — Alpha-tocopherol is a form of vitamin E.
- aminocyclohexane — cyclohexylamine.
- anti-monarchical — of, like, or pertaining to a monarch or monarchy.
17 letter words containing c, h, l, a
- american-flagfish — flagfish (def 1).
- anglo-catholicism — the tradition or form of worship in the Anglican Church that emphasizes Catholicity, the apostolic succession, and the continuity of all churches within the communion with pre-Reformation Christianity as well as the importance of liturgy and ritual.
- anthracosilicosis — a form of pneumoconiosis occurring in miners, caused by the inhalation of coal and siliceous particles.
- anthropologically — the science that deals with the origins, physical and cultural development, biological characteristics, and social customs and beliefs of humankind.
- anti-anaphylactic — exaggerated allergic reaction to a foreign protein resulting from previous exposure to it.
18 letter words containing c, h, l, a
- anti-scholasticism — (sometimes initial capital letter) the system of theological and philosophical teaching predominant in the Middle Ages, based chiefly upon the authority of the church fathers and of Aristotle and his commentators.
- anticholinesterase — any of a group of substances that inhibit the action of cholinesterase
- bachelor's-buttons — any of various plants of the daisy family with button-like flower heads
- bromochloromethane — chlorobromomethane.
- california-fuchsia — a plant belonging to the genus Fuchsia, of the evening primrose family, including many varieties cultivated for their handsome drooping flowers.
19 letter words containing c, h, l, a
- anarcho-syndicalism — syndicalism.
- anarcho-syndicalist — syndicalism.
- angels-on-horseback — a savoury of oysters wrapped in bacon slices and served on toast
- anthropocentrically — regarding the human being as the central fact of the universe.
- anthropomorphically — ascribing human form or attributes to a being or thing not human, especially to a deity.
20 letter words containing c, h, l, a
21 letter words containing c, h, l, a
22 letter words containing c, h, l, a
- carboxymethylcellulose — a white, water-soluble polymer derived from cellulose, used as a coating and sizing for paper and textiles, a stabilizer for various foods, and an appetite suppressor.
- charleville-mézières — twin towns on opposite sides of the River Meuse in NE France. Pop: 55 490 (1999)
- chemical-sympathectomy — sympathectomy (def 2).
- chlorotrifluoromethane — a colorless gas, CClF 3 , used chiefly as a refrigerant, in the hardening of metals, and in pharmaceutical processing.
23 letter words containing c, h, l, a
- alpes-de-haute-provence — a department of SE France in Provence-Alpes-Côte-d'Azur region. Capital: Digne. Pop: 144 508 (2003 est). Area: 6988 sq km (2725 sq miles)
24 letter words containing c, h, l, a
- black-english-vernacular — Also called African American Vernacular English, African American English, Afro-American English, Black English Vernacular, Black Vernacular English.a dialect of American English characterized by pronunciations, syntactic structures, and vocabulary associated with and used by some North American black people and exhibiting a wide variety and range of forms varying in the extent to which they differ from standard English.
On this page, we collect all words with C, H, L, A. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 9312 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains C, H, L, A that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.