Words containing b, i, o, s
4 letter words containing b, i, o, s
- bios — Basic Input Output System: the built-in software which controls the primary functions of a PC
5 letter words containing b, i, o, s
- bisho — a self-governing Bantu territory of South Africa on the Indian Ocean: granted independence in 1981 by South Africa, but not recognized by any other country as an independent state. 3200 sq. mi. (8300 sq. km). Capital: Bisho.
- bison — A bison is a large hairy animal with a large head that is a member of the cattle family. They used to be very common in North America and Europe.
- bisso — bis2 .
- bisto — a preparation for thickening, flavouring, and browning gravy
- blois — a town in N central France, on the Loire: 13th-century castle. Pop: 46 013 (2009)
6 letter words containing b, i, o, s
- basion — the midpoint on the forward border of the foramen magnum
- bhisho — a town in S South Africa, on the Buffalo River adjacent to King Williams Town; the capital of Eastern Cape, it was formerly the capital of the Ciskei Bantu homeland: it is the centre of a sheep and cattle ranching area with various industries
- binocs — binoculars
- biogas — a gas that is produced by the action of bacteria on organic waste matter: used as a fuel
- biopsy — A biopsy is the removal and examination of fluids or tissue from a patient's body in order to discover why they are ill.
7 letter words containing b, i, o, s
- abioses — the absence or lack of life; a nonviable state.
- abiosis — absence of life
- abolish — If someone in authority abolishes a system or practice, they formally put an end to it.
- amboise — a town in NW central France, on the River Loire: famous castle, a former royal residence. Pop: 11 457 (1999)
- barrios — Justo Rufino [hoo-staw roo-fee-naw] /ˈhu stɔ ruˈfi nɔ/ (Show IPA), 1835–85, Guatemalan statesman: president of Guatemala 1873–85.
8 letter words containing b, i, o, s
- abrasion — An abrasion is an area on a person's body where the skin has been scraped.
- aerobics — Aerobics is a form of exercise which increases the amount of oxygen in your blood, and strengthens your heart and lungs. The verb that follows aerobics may be either singular or plural.
- ambrosia — In Greek mythology, ambrosia is the food of the gods.
- apostilb — a unit of luminance equal to one ten thousandth of a lambert.
- arborist — a specialist in the cultivation of trees
9 letter words containing b, i, o, s
- absorbing — An absorbing task or activity interests you a great deal and takes up all your attention and energy.
- ambagious — ambiguous
- ambiguous — If you describe something as ambiguous, you mean that it is unclear or confusing because it can be understood in more than one way.
- ambitions — an earnest desire for some type of achievement or distinction, as power, honor, fame, or wealth, and the willingness to strive for its attainment: Too much ambition caused him to be disliked by his colleagues.
- ambitious — Someone who is ambitious has a strong desire to be successful, rich, or powerful.
10 letter words containing b, i, o, s
- abaptiston — Surgery. a cone-shaped trephine designed to avoid penetration of the brain when incising the skull.
- abdominals — You can refer to your abdominal muscles as your abdominals when you are talking about exercise.
- abdominous — pot-bellied
- aborigines — one of the original or earliest known inhabitants of a country or region.
- about-ship — to manoeuvre a vessel onto a new tack
11 letter words containing b, i, o, s
- abiogenesis — the hypothetical process by which living organisms first arose on earth from nonliving matter
- abolishment — to do away with; put an end to; annul; make void: to abolish slavery.
- abortionist — An abortionist is someone who performs abortions, usually illegally.
- absolutists — the principle or the exercise of complete and unrestricted power in government.
- abstentious — an act or instance of abstaining.
12 letter words containing b, i, o, s
- abolitionism — the principle or policy of abolition, especially of slavery of blacks in the U.S.
- abolitionist — An abolitionist is someone who campaigns for the abolition of a particular system or practice.
- absolutistic — relating to absolutism or absolutists
- absorptivity — a measure of the ability of a material to absorb radiation, equal to the internal absorptance of a homogeneous layer of the material under conditions in which the path of the radiation has unit length and the boundaries of the layer have no influence
- abstemiously — sparing or moderate in eating and drinking; temperate in diet.
13 letter words containing b, i, o, s
- abbreviations — a shortened or contracted form of a word or phrase, used to represent the whole, as Dr. for Doctor, U.S. for United States, lb. for pound.
- abnormalities — an abnormal condition, state, or quality; irregularity; deviation.
- abolitionists — (especially prior to the Civil War) a person who advocated or supported the abolition of slavery in the U.S.
- absorbability — to suck up or drink in (a liquid); soak up: A sponge absorbs water.
- abstentionism — the policy of withholding one's vote or refusing to participate in some other aspect of the political process
14 letter words containing b, i, o, s
- abdominoplasty — the surgical removal of excess skin and fat from the abdomen
- absorbefacient — a medicine or other agent that promotes absorption
- absorptiometer — an instrument that measures absorption of light, esp by a solution
- absorptiometry — (chemistry) Analysis using an absorptiometer.
- absquatulation — to flee; abscond: The old prospector absquatulated with our picks and shovel.
15 letter words containing b, i, o, s
- acousticophobia — Fear of noise.
- ariboflavinosis — a condition resulting from a dietary deficiency of riboflavin
- balanoposthitis — An inflammation of the glans penis and the prepuce.
- basidiomycetous — belonging or pertaining to the basidiomycetes.
- basse-normandie — a region of NW France, on the English Channel: consists of the Cherbourg peninsula in the west rising to the Normandy hills in the east; mainly agricultural
16 letter words containing b, i, o, s
- abdominocentesis — (surgery) Extraction of peritoneal fluid from the abdomen for evaluation, using a trocar.
- accountabilities — the state of being accountable, liable, or answerable.
- actinobacillosis — a disease of cattle and sheep, caused by infection with an Actinobacillus lignieresii and characterized by soft tissue lesions, esp of the tongue
- aulnay-sous-bois — a town in N central France, a suburb NE of Paris.
- ballast-resistor — Nautical. any heavy material carried temporarily or permanently in a vessel to provide desired draft and stability.
17 letter words containing b, i, o, s
- aerobic-exercises — Also called aerobic exercises. (used with a plural verb) any of various sustained exercises, as jogging, rowing, swimming, or cycling, that stimulate and strengthen the heart and lungs, thereby improving the body's utilization of oxygen.
- air-transportable — that can be transported by aircraft: air-transportable equipment.
- aircraft-observer — someone or something that observes.
- assyro-babylonian — of or relating to Assyria and Babylonia.
- axis-of-abscissas — x-axis (def 1).
18 letter words containing b, i, o, s
- ballistocardiogram — a tracing made by a ballistocardiograph
- biodiversification — the process by which the diversity of plants or animals develops or is increased within a particular region or group of organisms.
- bioinstrumentation — the use of instruments, as sensors, to detect and measure certain body functions, as of persons in spaceflight, and transmit the data to a point where it is evaluated
- bosnia-herzegovina — a country in SE Europe; a constituent republic of Yugoslavia until 1991; in a state of civil war (1992–95); Serbian and Croatian forces were also involved: mostly barren and mountainous, with forests in the east. Languages: Bosnian, Croatian, and Serbian (formerly all regarded together as Serbo-Croat). Religion: Muslim, Serbian Orthodox, and Roman Catholic. Currency: marka (pegged to the euro). Capital: Sarajevo. Pop: 3 875 723 (2013 est). Area: 51 129 sq km (19 737 sq miles)
- bronchocandidiasis — See under candidiasis.
19 letter words containing b, i, o, s
- aldridge-brownhills — a town in central England, in Walsall unitary authority, West Midlands: formed by the amalgamation of neighbouring towns in 1966. Pop: 35 525 (2001)
- anti-prohibitionist — a person who favors or advocates prohibition.
- ballistocardiograph — an instrument that records the slight recoil of the body, while on a special bed, caused by the contractions of the heart: used to measure cardiac pumping power and the elasticity of the aorta
- chromoblastomycosis — Long-term fungal infection of the skin and subcutaneous tissue.
- deoxyribonucleoside — a compound composed of deoxyribose and either a purine or a pyrimidine.
20 letter words containing b, i, o, s
- belgorod-dnestrovski — a port in SW Ukraine, on the Dniester estuary: belonged to Romania from 1918 until 1940; under Soviet rule (1944–91). Pop: 48 100 (2004 est)
24 letter words containing b, i, o, s
- dibasic-sodium-phosphate — Also called monobasic sodium phosphate. a white, crystalline, slightly hygroscopic, water-soluble powder, NaH 2 PO 4 , used chiefly in dyeing and in electroplating.
27 letter words containing b, i, o, s
- introgressive-hybridization — the introduction of genes from one species into the gene pool of another species, occurring when matings between the two produce fertile hybrids.
On this page, we collect all words with B, I, O, S. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 6799 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains B, I, O, S that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.