Words containing a, t, f, u
4 letter words containing a, t, f, u
- tufa — Also called calcareous tufa, calc-tufa, calc-tuff. a porous limestone formed from calcium carbonate deposited by springs or the like. Compare travertine.
5 letter words containing a, t, f, u
6 letter words containing a, t, f, u
- artful — If you describe someone as artful, you mean that they are clever and skilful at achieving what they want, especially by deceiving people.
- factum — a statement of the facts in a controversy or legal case.
- faucet — any device for controlling the flow of liquid from a pipe or the like by opening or closing an orifice; tap; cock.
- faulty — having faults or defects; imperfect.
- flatus — intestinal gas produced by bacterial action on waste matter in the intestines and composed primarily of hydrogen sulfide and varying amounts of methane.
7 letter words containing a, t, f, u
- cartful — the amount a cart can hold
- default — If a person, company, or country defaults on something that they have legally agreed to do, such as paying some money or doing a piece of work before a particular time, they fail to do it.
- factful — something that actually exists; reality; truth: Your fears have no basis in fact.
- factual — of or relating to facts; concerning facts: factual accuracy.
- facture — the act, process, or manner of making anything; construction.
8 letter words containing a, t, f, u
- afflatus — an impulse of creative power or inspiration, esp in poetry, considered to be of divine origin (esp in the phrase divine afflatus)
- affluent — If you are affluent, you have a lot of money.
- aflutter — in or into a nervous or excited state
- aftersun — a moisturizing lotion applied to the skin to soothe sunburn and avoid peeling
- artfully — slyly crafty or cunning; deceitful; tricky: artful schemes.
9 letter words containing a, t, f, u
- affixture — an affixing or being affixed
- after-run — the continued running of an internal-combustion engine after the ignition is switched off: Heavy carbon buildup can cause annoying engine after-run.
- al-fustat — a city in N Egypt, near the modern city of Cairo, founded in the 7th century a.d.
- antifraud — acting against fraud
- astroturf — Astroturf is a type of artificial fiber that is used instead of grass on some sports fields.
10 letter words containing a, t, f, u
- about-face — An about-face is a complete change of attitude or opinion.
- affettuoso — with feeling
- affluently — in an abundant or wealthy manner
- afterguard — a sailor or group of sailors stationed on the poop to attend to the aft sails
- afterhours — occurring, engaged in, or operating after the normal or legal closing time for business: an after-hours drinking club.
11 letter words containing a, t, f, u
- affluential — an affluent person who does not display his or her wealth in the form of material possessions
- after-hours — You use after-hours to describe activities which happen after the end of the usual time for them.
- afterburner — a device in the exhaust system of an internal-combustion engine for removing or rendering harmless potentially dangerous components in the exhaust gases
- anfractuous — characterized by twists and turns; convoluted
- antifouling — (of a paint or other coating) inhibiting the growth of barnacles and other marine organisms on a ship's bottom
12 letter words containing a, t, f, u
- adventureful — an exciting or very unusual experience.
- aforethought — premeditated (esp in the phrase malice aforethought)
- afterburning — a process in which additional fuel is ignited in the exhaust gases of a jet engine to produce additional thrust
- afterthought — If you do or say something as an afterthought, you do or say it after something else as an addition, perhaps without careful thought.
- amentiferous — bearing aments
13 letter words containing a, t, f, u
- acetabuliform — saucer-shaped, as the fruiting bodies of certain lichens.
- anfractuosity — the condition or quality of being anfractuous
- anti-freudian — of or relating to Sigmund Freud or his doctrines, especially with respect to the causes and treatment of neurotic and psychopathic states, the interpretation of dreams, etc.
- antisudorific — an antiperspirant.
- argentiferous — containing or bearing silver
14 letter words containing a, t, f, u
- africanthropus — a genus of hominids of eastern Africa, assumed from a number of now lost skull fragments to have been a form of archaic Homo : no longer in technical use.
- air-to-surface — launched from an aircraft and directed at a land target
- artifactitious — of, relating to, or of the nature of an artifact, or a man-made object that carries cultural significance.
- beautification — Making beautiful, beautifying, improving the appearance of something.
- burschenschaft — a students' fraternity, originally one concerned with Christian ideals, patriotism, etc
15 letter words containing a, t, f, u
- autotransformer — a transformer in which part of the winding is common to both primary and secondary circuits
- autotransfusion — a process in which a patient receives some of his or her own blood in a transfusion rather than a donor's blood
- cauliflowerette — a single floret from the head of a cauliflower.
- circumferential — of, at, or near the circumference; surrounding; lying along the outskirts.
- configurational — the relative disposition or arrangement of the parts or elements of a thing.
16 letter words containing a, t, f, u
- cause-and-effect — noting a relationship between actions or events such that one or more are the result of the other or others.
- configurationism — Gestalt psychology
- counterfactually — a conditional statement the first clause of which expresses something contrary to fact, as “If I had known.”.
- cream-of-coconut — Also called cream of coconut. a creamy white liquid skimmed from the top of coconut milk that has been made by soaking grated coconut meat in water, used in East Indian cookery, mixed drinks, etc.
- disqualification — an act or instance of disqualifying.
17 letter words containing a, t, f, u
- court-of-chancery — chancery (def 4a).
- female-chauvinist — a person who is aggressively and blindly patriotic, especially one devoted to military glory.
- fluvioterrestrial — (of animals) able to live in rivers and on land
- neurofibromatosis — a dominantly inherited genetic disorder characterized by flat brown patches on the skin, neurofibromas of the skin and internal organs, and in some cases skeletal deformity.
- photofluorography — photography of images produced by a fluoroscopic examination, used in x-ray examination of the lungs of large groups of people.
18 letter words containing a, t, f, u
- cash-for-questions — of, involved in, or relating to a scandal in which some MPs were accused of accepting bribes to ask particular questions in Parliament
- counterreformation — a reform movement to oppose a previous one
- fibrocartilaginous — a type of cartilage having a large number of fibers.
- non-fundamentalist — (sometimes initial capital letter) a religious movement characterized by a strict belief in the literal interpretation of religious texts, especially within American Protestantism and Islam.
- self-actualization — the achievement of one's full potential through creativity, independence, spontaneity, and a grasp of the real world.
19 letter words containing a, t, f, u
- anti-fundamentalism — (sometimes initial capital letter) a religious movement characterized by a strict belief in the literal interpretation of religious texts, especially within American Protestantism and Islam.
- anti-fundamentalist — (sometimes initial capital letter) a religious movement characterized by a strict belief in the literal interpretation of religious texts, especially within American Protestantism and Islam.
- chateauneuf-du-pape — a dry red or white wine from the Rhone valley near Avignon.
- chlorofluoromethane — any of a series of gaseous or volatile methanes substituted with chlorine and fluorine and containing little or no hydrogen: used as refrigerants and, formerly, as aerosol propellants until scientists became concerned about depletion of the atmospheric ozone layer.
- counter-reformation — the reform movement of the Roman Catholic Church in the 16th and early 17th centuries considered as a reaction to the Protestant Reformation
20 letter words containing a, t, f, u
21 letter words containing a, t, f, u
- differential-quotient — something that has been derived.
- lotus-of-the-true-law — a Mahayana sutra, forming with its references to Amida and the Bodhisattvas the basis for the doctrine that there is something of Buddha in everyone, so that salvation is universally available: a central text of Mahayana Buddhism.
- saint-maur-des-fosses — a town in N central France, near Paris, on the Marne River.
- surface-to-underwater — (of a missile, message, etc.) traveling from the surface of the earth to a target underwater.
- tetrabromofluorescein — eosin (def 1).
22 letter words containing a, t, f, u
- chlorotrifluoromethane — a colorless gas, CClF 3 , used chiefly as a refrigerant, in the hardening of metals, and in pharmaceutical processing.
- phenolsulfonephthalein — a bright to dark red crystalline compound, C 1 9 H 1 4 O 5 S, slightly soluble in water, alcohol, and acetone: used as an acid-base indicator and as a diagnostic reagent in medicine.
- trichlorofluoromethane — chlorotrifluoromethane.
- trifluorochloromethane — chlorotrifluoromethane.
23 letter words containing a, t, f, u
- dichlorodifluoromethane — a colourless nonflammable gas easily liquefied by pressure: used as a propellant in aerosols and fire extinguishers and as a refrigerant. Formula: CCl2F2
- polytetrafluoroethylene — any polymer, plastic, or resin having the formula (C 2 F 4) n , prepared from tetrafluoroethylene, noted for its slippery, nonsticking properties, and used in the manufacture of gaskets, electrical insulation, tubing, candy molds, container linings, frying-pan coatings, etc.
- stream-of-consciousness — of, relating to, or characterized by a manner of writing in which a character's thoughts or perceptions are presented as occurring in random form, without regard for logical sequences, syntactic structure, distinctions between various levels of reality, or the like: a stream-of-consciousness novel; a stream-of-consciousness technique.
26 letter words containing a, t, f, u
- straight-from-the-shoulder — direct, honest, and forceful in expression; outspoken.
27 letter words containing a, t, f, u
- little-lord-fauntleroy-suit — (italics) a children's novel (1886) by Frances H. Burnett.
29 letter words containing a, t, f, u
- floccinaucinihilipilification — Rare. the estimation of something as valueless (encountered mainly as an example of one of the longest words in the English language).
32 letter words containing a, t, f, u
- democratic-republic-of-the-congo — People's Republic of the, a republic in central Africa, W of the Democratic Republic of the Congo: formerly an overseas territory in French Equatorial Africa; now an independent member of the French Community. 132,046 sq. mi. (341,999 sq. km). Capital: Brazzaville. Formerly French Congo, Middle Congo.
34 letter words containing a, t, f, u
35 letter words containing a, t, f, u
- trust-territory-the-pacific-islands — a U.S. trust territory in the Pacific Ocean, comprising the Mariana, Marshall, and Caroline Islands: approved by the United Nations 1947; since 1976 constituents of the trusteeship have established or moved toward self-government. 717 sq. mi. (1857 sq. km).
On this page, we collect all words with A, T, F, U. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 4539 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains A, T, F, U that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.