Words containing a, s, v, o
5 letter words containing a, s, v, o
- aviso — a boat carrying messages; a dispatch-boat
- basov — Nikolai Gennediyevich (nikaˈlaj ɡjiˈnadjejivitʃ). 1922–2001, Russian physicist: shared the Nobel prize for physics (1964) for his pioneering work on the maser
- davos — a mountain resort in Switzerland: winter sports, site of the Parsenn ski run. Pop: 11 417 (2000). Height: about 1560 m (5118 ft)
- oslav — Old (Church) Slavonic
- salvo — a simultaneous or successive discharge of artillery, bombs, etc.
6 letter words containing a, s, v, o
- aboves — in, at, or to a higher place.
- asimov — Isaac. 1920–92, US writer and biochemist, born in Russia. His science-fiction works include Foundation Trilogy (1951–53; sequel 1982) and the collection of stories I, Robot (1950)
- brasov — an industrial city in central Romania: formerly a centre for expatriate Germans; ceded by Hungary to Romania in 1920. Pop: 249 000 (2005 est)
- favous — resembling a honeycomb
- goaves — plural of goaf.
7 letter words containing a, s, v, o
- absolve — If a report or investigation absolves someone from blame or responsibility, it formally states that he or she is not guilty or is not to blame.
- advisor — one who gives advice.
- avernos — a crater lake in S Italy, near Naples and the Tyrrhenian Sea, thought by ancients to be the entrance to the underworld.
- biovars — a group of microorganisms, usually bacteria, that have identical genetic but different biochemical or physiological characters.
- calvous — lacking all or most of the hair on the head; bald.
8 letter words containing a, s, v, o
- absolver — to free from guilt or blame or their consequences: The court absolved her of guilt in his death.
- advisory — An advisory group regularly gives suggestions and help to people or organizations, especially about a particular subject or area of activity.
- advowson — the right of presentation to a vacant benefice
- alveolus — any small pit, cavity, or saclike dilation, such as a honeycomb cell
- autosave — a function on a computer that automatically saves data at regular intervals
9 letter words containing a, s, v, o
- absolvent — a person who absolves
- all-overs — a general feeling of unease and nervousness throughout the body (usually preceded by the).
- apivorous — eating bees
- approvers — a person who approves.
- arbovirus — any one of a group of viruses that cause such diseases as encephalitis and dengue and are transmitted to humans by arthropods, esp insects and ticks
10 letter words containing a, s, v, o
- absolutive — the grammatical case in an ergative language that is used for the direct object of a transitive verb and the subject of an intransitive verb
- absorptive — able or tending to absorb; absorbent.
- adenovirus — any of a group of viruses that can cause upper respiratory diseases in man
- adsorptive — relating to or characterized by adsorption
- advocacies — the act of pleading for, supporting, or recommending; active espousal: He was known for his advocacy of states' rights.
11 letter words containing a, s, v, o
- acclivitous — an upward slope, as of ground; an ascent (opposed to declivity).
- adventurous — Someone who is adventurous is willing to take risks and to try new methods. Something that is adventurous involves new things or ideas.
- aestivation — the act or condition of aestivating
- almoravides — a member of a Muslim dynasty ruling in Spain and northern Africa from 1056 to 1147.
- ambiversion — a condition or character trait that includes elements of both introversion and extroversion
12 letter words containing a, s, v, o
- absorptivity — a measure of the ability of a material to absorb radiation, equal to the internal absorptance of a homogeneous layer of the material under conditions in which the path of the radiation has unit length and the boundaries of the layer have no influence
- advantageous — If something is advantageous to you, it is likely to benefit you.
- adventitious — added or appearing accidentally or unexpectedly
- arfvedsonite — a type of hornblende with the composition Na3(Fe,Mg)4FeSi8O22(OH)2
- asseveration — the act of asseverating.
13 letter words containing a, s, v, o
- abbreviations — a shortened or contracted form of a word or phrase, used to represent the whole, as Dr. for Doctor, U.S. for United States, lb. for pound.
- adventuresome — Adventuresome means the same as adventurous.
- adventurously — inclined or willing to engage in adventures; enjoying adventures.
- aerodigestive — of or relating to the organs and tissues of the respiratory tract and the upper part of the digestive tract
- aleksandrovsk — a city in SE Ukraine, on the Dnieper River.
14 letter words containing a, s, v, o
- advantageously — providing an advantage; furnishing convenience or opportunity; favorable; profitable; useful; beneficial: an advantageous position; an advantageous treaty.
- adventitiously — associated with something by chance rather than as an integral part; extrinsic.
- anti-bolshevik — a person who is opposed to Bolshevism
- anticonvulsant — any of a class of drugs used to prevent or abolish convulsions
- avalokitesvara — a male Bodhisattva, widely revered and identified with various persons and gods.
15 letter words containing a, s, v, o
- adventurousness — the quality of being adventurous
- antivivisection — opposed to the act or practice or performing experiments on living animals, involving cutting into or dissecting the body
- ariboflavinosis — a condition resulting from a dietary deficiency of riboflavin
- astronavigation — celestial navigation
- blagoveshchensk — a city and port in E Russia, in Siberia on the Amur River. Pop: 222 000 (2005 est)
16 letter words containing a, s, v, o
- anti-progressive — favoring or advocating progress, change, improvement, or reform, as opposed to wishing to maintain things as they are, especially in political matters: a progressive mayor.
- archconservative — consistently holding extremely conservative views: publisher of the city's archconservative newspaper.
- chancellorsville — hamlet in NE Va. (now called Chancellor): site of a Civil War battle (May, 1863) won by Confederate forces
- chinese-pavilion — a shape resembling a segment of a ring tapering to points at the ends.
- conservativeness — disposed to preserve existing conditions, institutions, etc., or to restore traditional ones, and to limit change.
17 letter words containing a, s, v, o
- aircraft-observer — someone or something that observes.
- anti-conservatism — the disposition to preserve or restore what is established and traditional and to limit change.
- anti-conservative — disposed to preserve existing conditions, institutions, etc., or to restore traditional ones, and to limit change.
- authoritativeness — having due authority; having the sanction or weight of authority: an authoritative opinion.
- communicativeness — inclined to communicate or impart; talkative: He isn't feeling very communicative today.
18 letter words containing a, s, v, o
- antivivisectionist — a person who is opposed to vivisection
- biodiversification — the process by which the diversity of plants or animals develops or is increased within a particular region or group of organisms.
- bosnia-herzegovina — a country in SE Europe; a constituent republic of Yugoslavia until 1991; in a state of civil war (1992–95); Serbian and Croatian forces were also involved: mostly barren and mountainous, with forests in the east. Languages: Bosnian, Croatian, and Serbian (formerly all regarded together as Serbo-Croat). Religion: Muslim, Serbian Orthodox, and Roman Catholic. Currency: marka (pegged to the euro). Capital: Sarajevo. Pop: 3 875 723 (2013 est). Area: 51 129 sq km (19 737 sq miles)
- neovascularization — the development of new blood vessels, especially in tissues where circulation has been impaired by trauma or disease.
- nominative-address — a noun naming the person to whom one is speaking.
19 letter words containing a, s, v, o
- anti-vivisectionist — a person who opposes vivisection.
- castelnuovo-tedesco — Mario [mah-ryaw] /ˈmɑ ryɔ/ (Show IPA), 1895–1968, U.S. composer, born in Italy.
- counter-advertising — the act or practice of calling public attention to one's product, service, need, etc., especially by paid announcements in newspapers and magazines, over radio or television, on billboards, etc.: to get more customers by advertising.
- devils-on-horseback — a savoury of prunes wrapped in bacon slices and served on toast
- most-favored-nation — of or relating to the status, treatment, terms, etc., that are embodied in or conferred by a most-favored-nation clause.
20 letter words containing a, s, v, o
- keratoconjunctivitis — inflammation of the cornea and conjunctiva.
21 letter words containing a, s, v, o
22 letter words containing a, s, v, o
- over-industrialization — the large-scale introduction of manufacturing, advanced technical enterprises, and other productive economic activity into an area, society, country, etc.
23 letter words containing a, s, v, o
- alpes-de-haute-provence — a department of SE France in Provence-Alpes-Côte-d'Azur region. Capital: Digne. Pop: 144 508 (2003 est). Area: 6988 sq km (2725 sq miles)
24 letter words containing a, s, v, o
- st.-bruno-de-montarville — a town in S Quebec, in E Canada, near Montreal.
26 letter words containing a, s, v, o
- compassionate-conservatism — a political conservative who is motivated by concern for the needy but supports policies based on personal responsibility and limited government: George W. Bush ran for president as a compassionate conservative.
27 letter words containing a, s, v, o
- introgressive-hybridization — the introduction of genes from one species into the gene pool of another species, occurring when matings between the two produce fertile hybrids.
45 letter words containing a, s, v, o
- pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis — an obscure term ostensibly referring to a lung disease caused by silica dust, sometimes cited as one of the longest words in the English language.
On this page, we collect all words with A, S, V, O. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 4255 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains A, S, V, O that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.