Words containing a, s, c
3 letter words containing a, s, c
- asc — American Society of Cinematographers
4 letter words containing a, s, c
- acas — Advisory Conciliation and Arbitration Service
- aces — a playing card or die marked with or having the value indicated by a single spot: He dealt me four aces in the first hand.
- acis — a Sicilian shepherd and the lover of the nymph Galatea. In jealousy, Polyphemus crushed him with a huge rock, and his blood was turned by Galatea into a river
- acts — a book of the New Testament, ascribed to Luke
- acus — Surgery. a needle, especially one used in a surgical operation.
5 letter words containing a, s, c
- abc's — The ABC's of a subject or activity are the parts of it that you have to learn first because they are the most important and basic.
- actis — a son of Rhoda and Helius who, when banished from his home for fratricide, fled to Egypt, where he taught astrology. The Colossus of Rhodes was built in his honor.
- actos — a short, realistic play, usually in Spanish, that dramatizes the social and economic problems of Chicanos.
- arcas — a son of Zeus and Callisto, the ancestor of the Arcadians who was set among the stars with his mother as the Little Bear and the Great Bear respectively.
- arcus — an arcus senilis
6 letter words containing a, s, c
- abacus — An abacus is a frame used for counting. It has rods with sliding beads on them.
- abscam — the code name for an FBI investigation (1978–80) of bribery, involving members of Congress.
- acarus — any of the free-living mites of the widely distributed genus Acarus, several of which, esp A. siro, are serious pests of stored flour, grain, etc
- access — If you have access to a building or other place, you are able or allowed to go into it.
- accius — Lucius, c170–c90 b.c, Roman poet and prose writer.
7 letter words containing a, s, c
8 letter words containing a, s, c
- abaculus — abaciscus.
- abducens — abducens nerve.
- abscissa — the horizontal or x-coordinate of a point in a two-dimensional system of Cartesian coordinates. It is the distance from the y-axis measured parallel to the x-axis
- absences — state of being away or not being present: I acted as supervisor in his absence. Your absence was noted on the records.
- abstract — An abstract idea or way of thinking is based on general ideas rather than on real things and events.
9 letter words containing a, s, c
- abaciscus — Architecture. a small abacus.
- abscessed — a localized collection of pus in the tissues of the body, often accompanied by swelling and inflammation and frequently caused by bacteria.
- abscissae — (in plane Cartesian coordinates) the x-coordinate of a point: its distance from the y-axis measured parallel to the x-axis.
- abscondee — a person who absconds; absconder.
- absconder — to depart in a sudden and secret manner, especially to avoid capture and legal prosecution: The cashier absconded with the money.
10 letter words containing a, s, c
- abscission — the separation of leaves, branches, flowers, and bark from plants by the formation of an abscission layer
- absconding — running away, esp from an open prison or to avoid prosecution or punishment
- absorbance — a measure of the light-absorbing ability of an object, expressed as the logarithm to base 10 of the reciprocal of the internal transmittance
- absorbancy — absorbance
- absorbency — capable of absorbing heat, light, moisture, etc.; tending to absorb.
11 letter words containing a, s, c
- aberrancies — departing from the right, normal, or usual course.
- abscondence — secret concealment or seclusion, or the action of absconding
- absorptance — a measure of the ability of an object to absorb radiation, equal to the ratio of the absorbed radiant flux to the incident flux. For a layer of material the ratio of the flux absorbed between the entry and exit surfaces of the layer to the flux leaving the entry surface is the internal absorptance
- abstracting — thought of apart from concrete realities, specific objects, or actual instances: an abstract idea.
- abstraction — An abstraction is a general idea rather than one relating to a particular object, person, or situation.
12 letter words containing a, s, c
- absolutistic — relating to absolutism or absolutists
- abstractedly — lost in thought; deeply engrossed or preoccupied.
- abstractness — the quality of being abstract as opposed to concrete
- acanthaceous — of or relating to the Acanthaceae, a mainly tropical and subtropical family of flowering plants that includes the acanthus
- accessioning — the act of coming into the possession of a right, title, office, etc.: accession to the throne.
13 letter words containing a, s, c
- abyssopelagic — referring to or occurring in the region of deep water above the floor of the ocean
- acatamathesia — the inability to understand what the senses detect, in particular conversation
- acceptingness — the state or quality of being accepting
- accessibility — easy to approach, reach, enter, speak with, or use.
- accessorizing — to fit or equip with accessories: to accessorize a car with special seat covers.
14 letter words containing a, s, c
- absorbefacient — a medicine or other agent that promotes absorption
- abstractionism — the theory and practice of the abstract, esp of abstract art
- abstractionist — a person who produces abstract works of art.
- acanthocytosis — a condition characterized by large numbers of acanthocytes in the blood.
- accommodations — Accommodations are hotels or rooms where people can stay for a period of time.
15 letter words containing a, s, c
- accelerationist — a person, especially an economist, who advocates or promotes the acceleration principle.
- accessorization — to fit or equip with accessories: to accessorize a car with special seat covers.
- achlorophyllous — containing no chlorophyll.
- acousticophobia — Fear of noise.
- acoustoelectric — electroacoustic.
16 letter words containing a, s, c
- abdominocentesis — (surgery) Extraction of peritoneal fluid from the abdomen for evaluation, using a trocar.
- accommodationist — a person who seeks to promote adaptation to or compromise with an opposing point of view
- accountabilities — the state of being accountable, liable, or answerable.
- acculturationist — a person who studies the process of acculturation.
- acetylsalicylate — a salt or ester of acetylsalicylic acid.
17 letter words containing a, s, c
- acoustoelectronic — denoting a device in which electronic signals are converted into acoustic waves, esp in delay lines, etc
- aerobic-exercises — Also called aerobic exercises. (used with a plural verb) any of various sustained exercises, as jogging, rowing, swimming, or cycling, that stimulate and strengthen the heart and lungs, thereby improving the body's utilization of oxygen.
- aircraft-observer — someone or something that observes.
- american-flagfish — flagfish (def 1).
- anglo-catholicism — the tradition or form of worship in the Anglican Church that emphasizes Catholicity, the apostolic succession, and the continuity of all churches within the communion with pre-Reformation Christianity as well as the importance of liturgy and ritual.
18 letter words containing a, s, c
- aerothermodynamics — the study of the exchange of heat between solids and gases, esp of the heating effect on aircraft flying through the air at very high speeds
- anti-commercialism — the principles, practices, and spirit of commerce.
- anti-miscegenation — marriage or cohabitation between two people from different racial groups, especially, in the U.S., between a black person and a white person: In 1968 the Supreme Court ruled unanimously that state laws prohibiting miscegenation were unconstitutional.
- anti-scholasticism — (sometimes initial capital letter) the system of theological and philosophical teaching predominant in the Middle Ages, based chiefly upon the authority of the church fathers and of Aristotle and his commentators.
- anticholinesterase — any of a group of substances that inhibit the action of cholinesterase
19 letter words containing a, s, c
- anarcho-syndicalism — syndicalism.
- anarcho-syndicalist — syndicalism.
- angels-on-horseback — a savoury of oysters wrapped in bacon slices and served on toast
- anti-ecclesiastical — of or relating to the church or the clergy; churchly; clerical; not secular.
- anti-vivisectionist — a person who opposes vivisection.
20 letter words containing a, s, c
- acetylcholinesterase — an enzyme in nerve cells that is responsible for the destruction of acetylcholine and thus for switching off excitation of the nerve
- adrenocorticosteroid — corticosteroid
- anti-intellectualism — a feeling of hostility and dislike towards intellectuals and intellectual activities
21 letter words containing a, s, c
- aleksandr-nikolaevich — Alexander (Aleksandr Nikolaevich) 1899–1977, Russian pianist and composer, in the U.S.
23 letter words containing a, s, c
- alpes-de-haute-provence — a department of SE France in Provence-Alpes-Côte-d'Azur region. Capital: Digne. Pop: 144 508 (2003 est). Area: 6988 sq km (2725 sq miles)
- astronomical-refraction — Physics. the change of direction of a ray of light, sound, heat, or the like, in passing obliquely from one medium into another in which its wave velocity is different.
On this page, we collect all words with A, S, C. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 33993 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains A, S, C that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.