Words containing a, r, o, n, s
5 letter words containing a, r, o, n, s
- arson — Arson is the crime of deliberately setting fire to a building or vehicle.
6 letter words containing a, r, o, n, s
- andros — an island in the Aegean Sea, the northernmost of the Cyclades: long famous for wine. Capital: Andros. Pop: 10 009 (2001). Area: about 311 sq km (120 sq miles)
- arseno — having or containing arsenic
- arsino — having or comprising the radical AsH2
- barons — a member of the lowest grade of nobility.
- carson — Christopher, known as Kit Carson. 1809–68, US frontiersman, trapper, scout, and Indian agent
7 letter words containing a, r, o, n, s
8 letter words containing a, r, o, n, s
- abrasion — An abrasion is an area on a person's body where the skin has been scraped.
- acronyms — a word formed from the initial letters or groups of letters of words in a set phrase or series of words and pronounced as a separate word, as Wac from Women's Army Corps, OPEC from Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries, or loran from long-range navigation.
- adperson — a copywriter, account executive, or other person employed in advertising.
- also-ran — If you describe someone as an also-ran, you mean that they have been or are likely to be unsuccessful in a contest.
- ancestor — Your ancestors are the people from whom you are descended.
9 letter words containing a, r, o, n, s
- absconder — to depart in a sudden and secret manner, especially to avoid capture and legal prosecution: The cashier absconded with the money.
- absorbent — Absorbent material soaks up liquid easily.
- absorbing — An absorbing task or activity interests you a great deal and takes up all your attention and energy.
- adsorbent — capable of adsorption
- aepyornis — any of the large extinct flightless birds of the genus Aepyornis, remains of which have been found in Madagascar
10 letter words containing a, r, o, n, s
- aborigines — one of the original or earliest known inhabitants of a country or region.
- absorbance — a measure of the light-absorbing ability of an object, expressed as the logarithm to base 10 of the reciprocal of the internal transmittance
- absorbancy — absorbance
- absorbency — capable of absorbing heat, light, moisture, etc.; tending to absorb.
- absorption — The absorption of a liquid, gas, or other substance is the process of it being soaked up or taken in.
11 letter words containing a, r, o, n, s
- abortionist — An abortionist is someone who performs abortions, usually illegally.
- absorptance — a measure of the ability of an object to absorb radiation, equal to the ratio of the absorbed radiant flux to the incident flux. For a layer of material the ratio of the flux absorbed between the entry and exit surfaces of the layer to the flux leaving the entry surface is the internal absorptance
- abstraction — An abstraction is a general idea rather than one relating to a particular object, person, or situation.
- abstriction — the separation and release of a mature spore from a sporophore by the formation of a septum. This process occurs in some fungi
- acrimonious — Acrimonious words or quarrels are bitter and angry.
12 letter words containing a, r, o, n, s
- accordionist — a person who plays the accordion, especially with skill.
- acetostearin — a waxlike, nongreasy solid, C 23 H 44 O 5 : used chiefly as a food preservative and as a plasticizer.
- acrocyanosis — cyanosis of the hands and feet due to poor circulation of the blood
- adenosarcoma — a complex tumor containing both glandular and connective tissues.
- adorableness — very attractive or delightful; charming: What an adorable hat!
13 letter words containing a, r, o, n, s
- aaron's-beard — rose of Sharon (def 2).
- abbreviations — a shortened or contracted form of a word or phrase, used to represent the whole, as Dr. for Doctor, U.S. for United States, lb. for pound.
- abnormalities — an abnormal condition, state, or quality; irregularity; deviation.
- accessorizing — to fit or equip with accessories: to accessorize a car with special seat covers.
- accouterments — personal clothing, accessories, etc.
14 letter words containing a, r, o, n, s
- absorbefacient — a medicine or other agent that promotes absorption
- abstractionism — the theory and practice of the abstract, esp of abstract art
- abstractionist — a person who produces abstract works of art.
- achondroplasia — a skeletal disorder, characterized by failure of normal conversion of cartilage into bone, that begins during fetal life and results in dwarfism
- adder's-tongue — any of several terrestrial ferns of the genus Ophioglossum, esp O. vulgatum, that grow in the N hemisphere and have a spore-bearing body that sticks out like a spike from the leaf: family Ophioglossaceae
15 letter words containing a, r, o, n, s
- accelerationist — a person, especially an economist, who advocates or promotes the acceleration principle.
- accessorization — to fit or equip with accessories: to accessorize a car with special seat covers.
- actinochemistry — the branch of chemistry dealing with actinism; photochemistry.
- adventurousness — the quality of being adventurous
- agranulocytosis — a serious and sometimes fatal illness characterized by a marked reduction of leucocytes, usually caused by hypersensitivity to certain drugs
16 letter words containing a, r, o, n, s
- acculturationist — a person who studies the process of acculturation.
- actinodermatitis — dermatitis from exposure to radiation, esp ultraviolet light or X-rays
- administrational — the management of any office, business, or organization; direction.
- aminotransferase — transaminase.
- anglo-australian — belonging, relating to, or involving England and Australia, or the people of the two countries.
17 letter words containing a, r, o, n, s
- acoustoelectronic — denoting a device in which electronic signals are converted into acoustic waves, esp in delay lines, etc
- administratorship — a person who manages or has a talent for managing.
- air-transportable — that can be transported by aircraft: air-transportable equipment.
- anthracosilicosis — a form of pneumoconiosis occurring in miners, caused by the inhalation of coal and siliceous particles.
- anthropomorphosis — transformation into human form
18 letter words containing a, r, o, n, s
- aerothermodynamics — the study of the exchange of heat between solids and gases, esp of the heating effect on aircraft flying through the air at very high speeds
- agro-industrialize — to industrialize the agriculture of: to agro-industrialize a developing nation.
- anthropomorphising — Present participle of anthropomorphise.
- anti-commercialism — the principles, practices, and spirit of commerce.
- anticholinesterase — any of a group of substances that inhibit the action of cholinesterase
19 letter words containing a, r, o, n, s
- aldridge-brownhills — a town in central England, in Walsall unitary authority, West Midlands: formed by the amalgamation of neighbouring towns in 1966. Pop: 35 525 (2001)
- anarcho-syndicalism — syndicalism.
- anarcho-syndicalist — syndicalism.
- angels-on-horseback — a savoury of oysters wrapped in bacon slices and served on toast
- anti-prohibitionist — a person who favors or advocates prohibition.
20 letter words containing a, r, o, n, s
- acetylcholinesterase — an enzyme in nerve cells that is responsible for the destruction of acetylcholine and thus for switching off excitation of the nerve
- adrenocorticosteroid — corticosteroid
- congressman-at-large — (in the US) a member of the House of Representatives who was elected by the voters of an entire state as opposed to the voters of a single Congressional district
21 letter words containing a, r, o, n, s
- aleksandr-nikolaevich — Alexander (Aleksandr Nikolaevich) 1899–1977, Russian pianist and composer, in the U.S.
- atmospheric-inversion — an act or instance of inverting.
- consciousness-raising — Psychology. a group-therapy technique in which the aim is to enhance the participants' awareness of their particular needs and goals as individuals or as a group.
- dacryocystorhinostomy — A surgical procedure to restore the flow of tears into the nose from the lacrimal sac when the nasolacrimal duct does not function.
- deprovincialization's — to make provincial in character.
22 letter words containing a, r, o, n, s
- agro-industrialization — to industrialize the agriculture of: to agro-industrialize a developing nation.
- centimeter-gram-second — designating or of a system of measurement in which the centimeter, gram, and second are the units of length, mass, and time, respectively
- dehydroepiandrosterone — the most abundant steroid in the human body, that is involved in the manufacture of testosterone, oestrogen, progesterone, and corticosterone
23 letter words containing a, r, o, n, s
- alpes-de-haute-provence — a department of SE France in Provence-Alpes-Côte-d'Azur region. Capital: Digne. Pop: 144 508 (2003 est). Area: 6988 sq km (2725 sq miles)
- astronomical-refraction — Physics. the change of direction of a ray of light, sound, heat, or the like, in passing obliquely from one medium into another in which its wave velocity is different.
- communist-international — an international organization (1919–43), founded in Moscow, uniting Communist groups of various countries and advocating the attainment of their ends by violent revolution. Also called Comintern, Communist International. Compare international (def 6).
24 letter words containing a, r, o, n, s
- diphenylaminechlorarsine — adamsite.
26 letter words containing a, r, o, n, s
- compassionate-conservatism — a political conservative who is motivated by concern for the needy but supports policies based on personal responsibility and limited government: George W. Bush ran for president as a compassionate conservative.
On this page, we collect all words with A, R, O, N, S. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 15745 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains A, R, O, N, S that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.