Words containing a, p, r, o, c
5 letter words containing a, p, r, o, c
6 letter words containing a, p, r, o, c
- captor — You can refer to the person who has captured a person or animal as their captor.
- carhop — a waiter or waitress at a drive-in restaurant
- carpo- — (in botany) indicating fruit or a reproductive structure that develops into part of the fruit
- cartop — designed to be transported on top of an automobile
7 letter words containing a, p, r, o, c
- apocarp — an apocarpous gynoecium or fruit
- apricot — An apricot is a small, soft, round fruit with yellowish-orange flesh and a stone inside.
- aprotic — (of solvents) neither accepting nor donating hydrogen ions
- caltrop — any tropical or subtropical plant of the zygophyllaceous genera Tribulus and Kallstroemia that have spiny burs or bracts
- camphor — Camphor is a strong-smelling white substance used in various medicines, in mothballs, and in making plastics.
8 letter words containing a, p, r, o, c
- acarpous — (of plants) producing no fruit
- acceptor — the person or organization on which a draft or bill of exchange is drawn after liability has been accepted, usually by signature
- amorphic — Having no defined shape, lacking form; amorphous.
- amphoric — resembling the sound produced by blowing into a bottle. Amphoric breath sounds are heard through a stethoscope placed over a cavity in the lung
- apocrine — denoting a type of glandular secretion in which part of the secreting cell is lost with the secretion, as in mammary glands
9 letter words containing a, p, r, o, c
- acropathy — any disease of the extremities.
- acropetal — (of leaves and flowers) produced in order from the base upwards so that the youngest are at the apex
- acrophobe — a person who is abnormally afraid of heights
- acrophony — the use of symbols to represent sounds
- acropolis — the citadel of an ancient Greek city
10 letter words containing a, p, r, o, c
- acarpelous — without carpels
- acrophobia — abnormal fear or dread of being at a great height
- acrophobic — a pathological fear of heights.
- acrophonic — the use of what was originally a logogram as a phonetic symbol for the initial sound of the word the logogram represented, as, in Semitic writing, the use of a picture of a shepherd's crook to represent the sound (l), the first sound of lamed, the Hebrew word for a shepherd's crook.
- aeciospore — any of the spores produced in an aecium of the rust fungi, which spread to and infect the primary host
11 letter words containing a, p, r, o, c
- absorptance — a measure of the ability of an object to absorb radiation, equal to the ratio of the absorbed radiant flux to the incident flux. For a layer of material the ratio of the flux absorbed between the entry and exit surfaces of the layer to the flux leaving the entry surface is the internal absorptance
- acarophobia — a pathological belief that the skin is infested with mites or insects, often leading to self-mutilation in order to eliminate the infestation.
- acarpellous — (of flowers) having no carpels
- acrocarpous — (of mosses) having clustered upright stems and the reproductive parts borne at the tip of a stem
- acrocephaly — oxycephaly
12 letter words containing a, p, r, o, c
- accomplisher — to bring to its goal or conclusion; carry out; perform; finish: to accomplish one's mission.
- adiaphoretic — preventing or reducing perspiration.
- ailurophilic — relating to ailurophilia
- alcaptonuria — Alternative spelling of alkaptonuria.
- amperometric — relating to or involving the measurement of an electric current
13 letter words containing a, p, r, o, c
- accelerograph — an accelerometer containing a pendulum device for measuring and recording ground motions produced by earthquakes.
- achromatophil — Also, achromatophilic [ey-kruh-mat-uh-fil-ik, ak-ruh-, ey-kroh-muh-tuh-] /ˌeɪ krəˌmæt əˈfɪl ɪk, ˌæk rə-, eɪˌkroʊ mə tə-/ (Show IPA). having little or no affinity for stains.
- achromatopsia — a visual disorder defined by deficient or absent function in the retinal cones, resulting in colour blindness and in decreased vision in bright lights
- actinomorphic — (esp of a flower) having radial symmetry, as buttercups
- actinotherapy — radiotherapy, especially using ultraviolet rays.
14 letter words containing a, p, r, o, c
- accident-prone — tending to have more accidents or mishaps than the average person.
- achondroplasia — a skeletal disorder, characterized by failure of normal conversion of cartilage into bone, that begins during fetal life and results in dwarfism
- adrenoreceptor — a receptor that binds with epinephrine, norepinephrine, or related compounds.
- africanthropus — a genus of hominids of eastern Africa, assumed from a number of now lost skull fragments to have been a form of archaic Homo : no longer in technical use.
- alpha-receptor — a site on a cell that, upon interaction with epinephrine or norepinephrine, controls vasoconstriction, intestinal relaxation, pupil dilation, and other physiological processes.
15 letter words containing a, p, r, o, c
- achlorophyllous — containing no chlorophyll.
- achromatophilia — the property of having little or no affinity for stains.
- actinopterygian — belonging or pertaining to the Actinopterygii, a group of bony fishes.
- aix-en-provence — a city and spa in SE France: the medieval capital of Provence. Pop: 145 721 (2006)
- allotriomorphic — (of minerals) not having their own regular shape (as determined by their internal structure) but being shaped instead by adjacent minerals
16 letter words containing a, p, r, o, c
- acanthopterygian — of, relating to, or belonging to the Acanthopterygii, a large group of teleost fishes having spiny fin rays. The group includes most saltwater bony fishes
- acroparaesthesia — a persistent sensation of numbness and tingling in the hands and feet
- aerotherapeutics — the treatment of disease by the use of air, esp. by exposing patients to changes in atmospheric pressure
- alpha-tocopherol — Alpha-tocopherol is a form of vitamin E.
- anopisthographic — a manuscript, parchment, or book having writing on only one side of the leaves.
17 letter words containing a, p, r, o, c
- angiocardiography — the making of X-ray pictures of the heart and its blood vessels after injecting a radiopaque substance
- anthropologically — the science that deals with the origins, physical and cultural development, biological characteristics, and social customs and beliefs of humankind.
- australopithecine — any of various extinct apelike primates of the genus Australopithecus and related genera, remains of which have been discovered in southern and E Africa. Some species are estimated to be over 4.5 million years old
- bacteriorhodopsin — a purple protein containing retinal and found in the plasma membrane of certain bacteria (genus Halobacterium): it directly supplies electrochemical energy from sunlight
- biopharmaceutical — of or relating to drugs produced using biotechnology
18 letter words containing a, p, r, o, c
- anthropocentricity — the state or quality of being anthropocentric.
- arachibutyrophobia — Fear of peanut butter sticking to the roof of one's mouth.
- chloroacetophenone — a white, crystalline, water-insoluble, poisonous solid, C 8 H 7 ClO, used in solution as a tear gas. Abbreviation: CN.
- controllable-pitch — (of a marine or aircraft propeller) having blades whose pitch can be changed during navigation or flight; variable-pitch.
- counter-adaptation — the act of adapting.
19 letter words containing a, p, r, o, c
- adrenocorticotropic — that can stimulate the cortex of the adrenal glands
- adrenocorticotropin — ACTH.
- anthropocentrically — regarding the human being as the central fact of the universe.
- anthropomorphically — ascribing human form or attributes to a being or thing not human, especially to a deity.
- bacteriochlorophyll — a pale blue-gray form of chlorophyll that is unique to the photosynthetic but anaerobic purple bacteria.
20 letter words containing a, p, r, o, c
- adrenocorticotrophic — stimulating the adrenal cortex
- compartmentalization — to divide into categories or compartments.
- decahydronaphthalene — a colorless, aromatic liquid, C 10 H 18 , insoluble in water and soluble in alcohol and ether: used as a solvent for oils, fats, etc., in cleaning fluids, lubricants, etc.
- diplomatic-secretary — secretary (def 5).
- hypercholesterolemia — the presence of an excessive amount of cholesterol in the blood.
21 letter words containing a, p, r, o, c
- atmospheric-inversion — an act or instance of inverting.
- cooperative-apartment — working or acting together willingly for a common purpose or benefit.
- deprovincialization's — to make provincial in character.
- hypercholesterolaemia — the condition of having a high concentration of cholesterol in the blood
22 letter words containing a, p, r, o, c
- dicyclopentadienyliron — ferrocene (def 1).
23 letter words containing a, p, r, o, c
24 letter words containing a, p, r, o, c
26 letter words containing a, p, r, o, c
- compassionate-conservatism — a political conservative who is motivated by concern for the needy but supports policies based on personal responsibility and limited government: George W. Bush ran for president as a compassionate conservative.
31 letter words containing a, p, r, o, c
32 letter words containing a, p, r, o, c
- democratic-republic-of-the-congo — People's Republic of the, a republic in central Africa, W of the Democratic Republic of the Congo: formerly an overseas territory in French Equatorial Africa; now an independent member of the French Community. 132,046 sq. mi. (341,999 sq. km). Capital: Brazzaville. Formerly French Congo, Middle Congo.
On this page, we collect all words with A, P, R, O, C. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 8401 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains A, P, R, O, C that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.