Words containing a, n, t, h
5 letter words containing a, n, t, h
6 letter words containing a, n, t, h
- aethon — triethyl orthoformate.
- anhalt — a former duchy and state of central E Germany, now part of the state of Saxony-Anhalt: part of East Germany until 1990
- anthea — a female given name: from a Greek word meaning “flowery.”.
- anthem — An anthem is a song which is used to represent a particular nation, society, or group and which is sung on special occasions.
- anther — the terminal part of a stamen consisting usually of two lobes each containing two sacs in which the pollen matures
7 letter words containing a, n, t, h
- acantha — a pointed, projecting structure, such as a thorn or prickle
- agathon — c450–c400 b.c, Greek poet and dramatist.
- agnatha — the class of vertebrates comprising the lampreys, hagfishes, and several extinct forms, having no jaws or paired appendages.
- althing — the bicameral parliament of Iceland
- althorn — a valved brass musical instrument belonging to the saxhorn or flügelhorn families
8 letter words containing a, n, t, h
- absinthe — Absinthe is a very strong alcoholic drink that is green and tastes bitter.
- acantho- — indicating a spine or thorn
- acanthus — any shrub or herbaceous plant of the genus Acanthus, native to the Mediterranean region but widely cultivated as ornamental plants, having large spiny leaves and spikes of white or purplish flowers: family Acanthaceae
- adherent — An adherent is someone who holds a particular belief or supports a particular person or group.
- agnathan — any jawless eel-like aquatic vertebrate of the superclass Agnatha, which includes the lampreys and hagfishes
9 letter words containing a, n, t, h
- abashment — to destroy the self-confidence, poise, or self-possession of; disconcert; make ashamed or embarrassed: to abash someone by sneering.
- abernathy — Ralph David1926-90; U.S. clergyman & civil rights leader
- abernethy — a crisp unleavened biscuit
- abhorrent — If something is abhorrent to you, you hate it very much or consider it completely unacceptable.
- acanthine — of or resembling an acanthus
10 letter words containing a, n, t, h
- absinthian — a green, aromatic liqueur that is 68 percent alcohol, is made with wormwood and other herbs, and has a bitter, licorice flavor: now banned in most Western countries.
- absinthism — a diseased condition resulting from excessive drinking of absinthe
- acanthosis — (medicine) A benign abnormal thickening of the stratum spinosum, or prickle cell, layer of the epidermis.(First attested in the late 19th century.).
- achondrite — a rare stony meteorite that consists mainly of silicate minerals and has the texture of igneous rock but contains no chondrules
- achromatin — the material of the nucleus of a cell that does not stain with basic dyes
11 letter words containing a, n, t, h
- abhorrently — causing repugnance; detestable; loathsome: an abhorrent deed.
- abolishment — to do away with; put an end to; annul; make void: to abolish slavery.
- abranchiate — having no gills
- acanthocyte — an abnormal red blood cell having spiny projections, found in the blood of persons with abetalipoproteinemia and certain malabsorption disorders.
- acanthodian — any small, spiny-finned, sharklike fish of the extinct order Acanthodii, from the Paleozoic Era.
12 letter words containing a, n, t, h
- acanthaceous — of or relating to the Acanthaceae, a mainly tropical and subtropical family of flowering plants that includes the acanthus
- accouchement — childbirth or the period of confinement
- acenesthesia — loss of the physical awareness of one's body.
- acetophenone — a colorless liquid, C 8 H 8 O, having a sweet odor: used chiefly as a scent in the manufacture of perfume.
- admonishment — to caution, advise, or counsel against something.
13 letter words containing a, n, t, h
- acetaminophen — a white crystalline powder, CH3CONHC6H4OH, used for reducing fever and relieving pain
- acetylcholine — a chemical substance secreted at the ends of many nerve fibres, esp in the autonomic nervous system, and responsible for the transmission of nervous impulses. Formula: CH3CO2(CH2)2N(CH3)3+
- actinomorphic — (esp of a flower) having radial symmetry, as buttercups
- actinotherapy — radiotherapy, especially using ultraviolet rays.
- adenopathies' — enlargement or disease of the glands, especially the lymphatic glands: a patient with prominent adenopathy. See also lymphadenopathy.
14 letter words containing a, n, t, h
- above-the-line — denoting entries printed above the horizontal line on a company's profit-and-loss account separating the entries that show how the profit (or loss) was made from the entries showing how the profit is to be distributed
- acanthocytosis — a condition characterized by large numbers of acanthocytes in the blood.
- accomplishment — An accomplishment is something remarkable that has been done or achieved.
- acoenaesthesia — loss of the physical awareness of one's body.
- aesthesiogenic — able to stimulate or produce sensation
15 letter words containing a, n, t, h
- acanthocephalan — any of the parasitic wormlike invertebrates of the phylum Acanthocephala, the adults of which have a spiny proboscis and live in the intestines of vertebrates
- acetophenetidin — phenacetin
- actinochemistry — the branch of chemistry dealing with actinism; photochemistry.
- anaesthesiology — the science of administering anesthetics.
- anesthetization — to render physically insensible, as by an anesthetic.
16 letter words containing a, n, t, h
- acanthopterygian — of, relating to, or belonging to the Acanthopterygii, a large group of teleost fishes having spiny fin rays. The group includes most saltwater bony fishes
- acquaintanceship — a person known to one, but usually not a close friend.
- alpha-interferon — interferon (def 2).
- anathematization — to pronounce an anathema against; denounce; curse.
- anesthesiologist — An anesthesiologist is a doctor who specializes in giving anaesthetics to patients.
17 letter words containing a, n, t, h
- administratorship — a person who manages or has a talent for managing.
- alpha-fetoprotein — a protein that forms in the liver of the human fetus. Excessive quantities in the amniotic fluid and maternal blood may indicate spina bifida in the fetus; low levels may point to Down's syndrome
- aminoglutethimide — a hormone antagonist, C 13 H 16 N 2 O 2 , used in the treatment of Cushing's syndrome and breast cancer.
- anaesthesiologist — anesthesiology.
- anglo-catholicism — the tradition or form of worship in the Anglican Church that emphasizes Catholicity, the apostolic succession, and the continuity of all churches within the communion with pre-Reformation Christianity as well as the importance of liturgy and ritual.
18 letter words containing a, n, t, h
- aerothermodynamics — the study of the exchange of heat between solids and gases, esp of the heating effect on aircraft flying through the air at very high speeds
- anthropocentricity — the state or quality of being anthropocentric.
- anthropomorphising — Present participle of anthropomorphise.
- anti-authoritarian — favoring complete obedience or subjection to authority as opposed to individual freedom: authoritarian principles; authoritarian attitudes.
- anti-establishment — opposed to established authority
19 letter words containing a, n, t, h
- anarcho-syndicalist — syndicalism.
- anthropocentrically — regarding the human being as the central fact of the universe.
- anthropomorphically — ascribing human form or attributes to a being or thing not human, especially to a deity.
- anti-prohibitionist — a person who favors or advocates prohibition.
- cathodoluminescence — luminescence caused by irradiation with electrons (cathode rays)
20 letter words containing a, n, t, h
- acetylcholinesterase — an enzyme in nerve cells that is responsible for the destruction of acetylcholine and thus for switching off excitation of the nerve
- acetylmethylcarbinol — acetoin.
- adrenocorticotrophic — stimulating the adrenal cortex
- anthropomorphization — Endowing with human qualities.
- chevalier-montrachet — a white wine from Burgundy.
21 letter words containing a, n, t, h
22 letter words containing a, n, t, h
- alpha-naphthylthiourea — ANTU.
- antiestablishmentarian — a person who supports or advocates antiestablishmentarianism.
- chlorotrifluoromethane — a colorless gas, CClF 3 , used chiefly as a refrigerant, in the hardening of metals, and in pharmaceutical processing.
- dehydroepiandrosterone — the most abundant steroid in the human body, that is involved in the manufacture of testosterone, oestrogen, progesterone, and corticosterone
23 letter words containing a, n, t, h
- alpes-de-haute-provence — a department of SE France in Provence-Alpes-Côte-d'Azur region. Capital: Digne. Pop: 144 508 (2003 est). Area: 6988 sq km (2725 sq miles)
- dichlorodifluoromethane — a colourless nonflammable gas easily liquefied by pressure: used as a propellant in aerosols and fire extinguishers and as a refrigerant. Formula: CCl2F2
24 letter words containing a, n, t, h
- assembly-of-the-notables — a prominent, distinguished, or important person.
25 letter words containing a, n, t, h
28 letter words containing a, n, t, h
- antidisestablishmentarianism — opposition to the withdrawal of state support or recognition from an established church, especially the Anglican Church in 19th-century England.
29 letter words containing a, n, t, h
31 letter words containing a, n, t, h
32 letter words containing a, n, t, h
- democratic-republic-of-the-congo — People's Republic of the, a republic in central Africa, W of the Democratic Republic of the Congo: formerly an overseas territory in French Equatorial Africa; now an independent member of the French Community. 132,046 sq. mi. (341,999 sq. km). Capital: Brazzaville. Formerly French Congo, Middle Congo.
On this page, we collect all words with A, N, T, H. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 14553 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains A, N, T, H that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.