Words containing a, n, c, o, l, u
7 letter words containing a, n, c, o, l, u
8 letter words containing a, n, c, o, l, u
- alcinous — (in Homer's Odyssey) a Phaeacian king at whose court the shipwrecked Odysseus told of his wanderings
- calutron — a device used for the separation of isotopes
- cauldron — A cauldron is a very large, round metal pot used for cooking over a fire. In stories and fairy tales, a cauldron is used by witches for their spells.
- caulonia — a town in S Calabria, in S Italy: ruins of ancient Achaean colony.
- clangour — a loud resonant often-repeated noise
9 letter words containing a, n, c, o, l, u
- alcyoneus — a giant who threw a stone at Hercules and was killed when Hercules hit the stone back with his club.
- aleuronic — related to the aleurone layer
- binocular — involving, relating to, seeing with or intended for both eyes
- cartonful — As much as a carton will hold.
- cauldrons — Plural form of cauldron.
10 letter words containing a, n, c, o, l, u
- allocution — a formal or authoritative speech or address, esp one that advises, informs, or exhorts
- anacolutha — Plural form of anacoluthon.
- antilochus — a son of Nestor and a trusted friend of Achilles.
- binoculars — Binoculars consist of two small telescopes joined together side by side, which you look through in order to look at things that are a long way away.
- bounceable — to spring back from a surface in a lively manner: The ball bounced off the wall.
11 letter words containing a, n, c, o, l, u
- accountable — If you are accountable to someone for something that you do, you are responsible for it and must be prepared to justify your actions to that person.
- accountably — subject to the obligation to report, explain, or justify something; responsible; answerable.
- acidulation — to make somewhat acid.
- aleuromancy — (in ancient times) the use of flour as a means of divination.
- allocutions — Plural form of allocution.
12 letter words containing a, n, c, o, l, u
- accouplement — a timber joist or beam that serves as a tie or support
- accumulation — An accumulation of something is a large number of things which have been collected together or acquired over a period of time.
- aeronautical — Aeronautical means involving or relating to the design and construction of aeroplanes.
- agranulocyte — a white blood cell without granules in its cytoplasm
- alalcomeneus — the first man: he reared Athena and reconciled Zeus and Hera.
13 letter words containing a, n, c, o, l, u
- acculturation — the process of conditioning a child to the patterns or customs of a culture
- accumulations — Plural form of accumulation.
- acidulousness — A state of or tendency toward being acidulous or somewhat sour or acid.
- acotyledonous — Having no seed lobes, as the dodder; also applied to plants which have no true seeds, as ferns, mosses, etc.
- acquisitional — relating to the act of acquisition
14 letter words containing a, n, c, o, l, u
- abarticulation — (anatomy) An articulation, especially one that permits free motion in the joint; a hinge joint.
- accountability — the state of being accountable, liable, or answerable.
- actinobacillus — a bacillus causing disease in animals
- adultification — The treatment of a non-adult as an adult.
- aeronautically — In a aeronautical manner; with respect to aeronautics or aviation.
15 letter words containing a, n, c, o, l, u
- accountableness — the condition of being answerable or accountable
- agranulocytosis — a serious and sometimes fatal illness characterized by a marked reduction of leucocytes, usually caused by hypersensitivity to certain drugs
- aluminosilicate — a silicate in which some of the silicon in the tetrahedral unit SiO4 has been replaced by aluminium
- anacoluthically — in an anacoluthic manner
- anticoagulation — (medicine) Acting to combat or prevent coagulation of blood.
16 letter words containing a, n, c, o, l, u
- accountabilities — the state of being accountable, liable, or answerable.
- acculturationist — a person who studies the process of acculturation.
- aluminosilicates — Plural form of aluminosilicate.
- around-the-clock — all day and all night
- atrioventricular — of, relating to, or affecting both the atria and the ventricles of the heart
17 letter words containing a, n, c, o, l, u
- acoustoelectronic — denoting a device in which electronic signals are converted into acoustic waves, esp in delay lines, etc
- australopithecine — any of various extinct apelike primates of the genus Australopithecus and related genera, remains of which have been discovered in southern and E Africa. Some species are estimated to be over 4.5 million years old
- autocorrelational — Of or pertaining to autocorrelation.
- bachelor's-button — any of various plants with round flower heads, especially the cornflower.
- bouncebackability — the ability to recover after a setback, esp in sport
18 letter words containing a, n, c, o, l, u
- australopithecines — Plural form of australopithecine.
- bachelor's-buttons — any of various plants of the daisy family with button-like flower heads
- california-fuchsia — a plant belonging to the genus Fuchsia, of the evening primrose family, including many varieties cultivated for their handsome drooping flowers.
- chlorofluorocarbon — Chlorofluorocarbons are the same as CFCs.
- counterculturalist — the culture and lifestyle of those people, especially among the young, who reject or oppose the dominant values and behavior of society.
19 letter words containing a, n, c, o, l, u
- auriculoventricular — atrioventricular.
- castelnuovo-tedesco — Mario [mah-ryaw] /ˈmɑ ryɔ/ (Show IPA), 1895–1968, U.S. composer, born in Italy.
- cathodoluminescence — luminescence caused by irradiation with electrons (cathode rays)
- chlorofluoromethane — any of a series of gaseous or volatile methanes substituted with chlorine and fluorine and containing little or no hydrogen: used as refrigerants and, formerly, as aerosol propellants until scientists became concerned about depletion of the atmospheric ozone layer.
- decontextualization — to remove (a linguistic element, an action, etc.) from a context: decontextualized works of art displayed in museums.
20 letter words containing a, n, c, o, l, u
- boulogne-billancourt — an industrial suburb of SW Paris. Pop: 106 367 (1999)
- counterrevolutionary — Counterrevolutionary activities are activities intended to reverse the effects of a previous revolution.
- languedoc-roussillon — a region of S France, on the Gulf of Lions: consists of the departments of Lozère, Gard, Hérault, Aude, and Pyrénées-Orientales; mainly mountainous with a coastal plain
- over-intellectualize — to seek or consider the rational content or form of.
- quasi-constitutional — of or relating to the constitution of a state, organization, etc.
21 letter words containing a, n, c, o, l, u
- counter-revolutionary — Counter-revolutionary activities are activities intended to reverse the effects of a previous revolution.
- ecological-succession — the coming of one person or thing after another in order, sequence, or in the course of events: many troubles in succession.
- pneumoencephalography — encephalography.
- tetrabromofluorescein — eosin (def 1).
22 letter words containing a, n, c, o, l, u
- chlorotrifluoromethane — a colorless gas, CClF 3 , used chiefly as a refrigerant, in the hardening of metals, and in pharmaceutical processing.
- secondary-articulation — concomitance of articulation, as in fro, ostensibly a succession of three discrete sounds but physically a single articulation (f-) blending into a coarticulation (-fr-), which blends into an articulation (-r-), which blends into a coarticulation (-ro-), which blends into an articulation (-o).
- trichlorofluoromethane — chlorotrifluoromethane.
- trifluorochloromethane — chlorotrifluoromethane.
23 letter words containing a, n, c, o, l, u
- alpes-de-haute-provence — a department of SE France in Provence-Alpes-Côte-d'Azur region. Capital: Digne. Pop: 144 508 (2003 est). Area: 6988 sq km (2725 sq miles)
- communist-international — an international organization (1919–43), founded in Moscow, uniting Communist groups of various countries and advocating the attainment of their ends by violent revolution. Also called Comintern, Communist International. Compare international (def 6).
- dichlorodifluoromethane — a colourless nonflammable gas easily liquefied by pressure: used as a propellant in aerosols and fire extinguishers and as a refrigerant. Formula: CCl2F2
29 letter words containing a, n, c, o, l, u
- floccinaucinihilipilification — Rare. the estimation of something as valueless (encountered mainly as an example of one of the longest words in the English language).
32 letter words containing a, n, c, o, l, u
- democratic-republic-of-the-congo — People's Republic of the, a republic in central Africa, W of the Democratic Republic of the Congo: formerly an overseas territory in French Equatorial Africa; now an independent member of the French Community. 132,046 sq. mi. (341,999 sq. km). Capital: Brazzaville. Formerly French Congo, Middle Congo.
35 letter words containing a, n, c, o, l, u
- trust-territory-the-pacific-islands — a U.S. trust territory in the Pacific Ocean, comprising the Mariana, Marshall, and Caroline Islands: approved by the United Nations 1947; since 1976 constituents of the trusteeship have established or moved toward self-government. 717 sq. mi. (1857 sq. km).
45 letter words containing a, n, c, o, l, u
- pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis — an obscure term ostensibly referring to a lung disease caused by silica dust, sometimes cited as one of the longest words in the English language.
On this page, we collect all words with A, N, C, O, L, U. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 4342 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains A, N, C, O, L, U that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.