Words containing a, m, p
3 letter words containing a, m, p
- amp — An amp is the same as an ampere.
4 letter words containing a, m, p
5 letter words containing a, m, p
- abamp — Electricity. abampere.
- amapa — a state of N Brazil, on the Amazon delta. Capital: Macapá. Pop: 516 511 (2002). Area: 143 716 sq km (55 489 sq miles)
- amped — amplifier (def 2).
- ample — If there is an ample amount of something, there is enough of it and usually some extra.
- amply — more than sufficiently; fully; generously
6 letter words containing a, m, p
- amp-hr — ampere-hour
- ampere — An ampere is a unit which is used for measuring electric current. The abbreviation amp is also used.
- amphi- — on both sides; at both ends; of both kinds
- amping — amplifier (def 2).
- ampule — An ampule is a small container, usually made of glass, that contains a drug that will be injected into someone. The abbreviation amp is also used.
7 letter words containing a, m, p
- ampelos — a satyr who was placed among the stars by Dionysus.
- amphion — a son of Zeus and Antiope: he builds a wall around Thebes by charming the stones into place with a lyre
- amphora — an ancient Greek or Roman two-handled narrow-necked jar for oil, wine, etc
- amplest — fully sufficient or more than adequate for the purpose or needs; plentiful; enough: an ample supply of water; ample time to finish.
- amplify — If you amplify a sound, you make it louder, usually by using electronic equipment.
8 letter words containing a, m, p
- a-sample — the primary urine or blood sample used in doping tests in professional sports; if the A-sample tests positive, the B-sample is tested to confirm or invalidate the results
- abampere — the cgs unit of current in the electromagnetic system; the constant current that, when flowing through two parallel straight infinitely long conductors 1 centimetre apart, will produce a force between them of 2 dynes per centimetre: equivalent to 10 amperes
- alpinism — mountain climbing, especially in the Alps.
- amblypod — one of the primitive ungulate mammals of the extinct order Pantodonta, from the Paleocene and Eocene epochs, having a massive body and short legs.
- amidship — in or toward the middle part of a ship or aircraft; midway between the ends.
9 letter words containing a, m, p
- accompany — If you accompany someone, you go somewhere with them.
- ademption — the failure of a specific legacy, as by a testator disposing of the subject matter in his lifetime
- afterdamp — a poisonous mixture of gases containing carbon dioxide, carbon monoxide, and nitrogen formed after the explosion of firedamp in coal mines
- allomorph — any of the phonological representations of a single morpheme. For example, the final (s) and (z) sounds of bets and beds are allomorphs of the English noun-plural morpheme
- alloplasm — part of the cytoplasm that is specialized to form cilia, flagella, and similar structures
10 letter words containing a, m, p
- accomplice — Someone's accomplice is a person who helps them to commit a crime.
- accomplish — If you accomplish something, you succeed in doing it.
- airmanship — the skill or art of flying an aircraft
- alprazolam — a potent benzodiazepine, C 17 H 13 CIN 4 , used in the treatment of certain anxiety states.
- ambiophony — the reproduction of sound to create an illusion to a listener of being in a spacious room, such as a concert hall
11 letter words containing a, m, p
- accompanied — to go along or in company with; join in action: to accompany a friend on a walk.
- accompanies — to go along or in company with; join in action: to accompany a friend on a walk.
- accompanist — An accompanist is a musician, especially a pianist, who plays one part of a piece of music while someone else sings or plays the main tune.
- adiaphorism — a Christian Protestant theological theory that certain rites and actions are matters of indifference in religion since not forbidden by the Scriptures
- aegospotami — a river of ancient Thrace that flowed into the Hellespont. At its mouth the Spartan fleet under Lysander defeated the Athenians in 405 bc, ending the Peloponnesian War
12 letter words containing a, m, p
- accompanying — provided at the same time as something else as an extra or addition; supplementary
- accompanyist — accompanist.
- accomplished — If someone is accomplished at something, they are very good at it.
- accomplisher — to bring to its goal or conclusion; carry out; perform; finish: to accomplish one's mission.
- accouplement — a timber joist or beam that serves as a tie or support
13 letter words containing a, m, p
- accompaniment — The accompaniment to a song or tune is the music that is played at the same time as it and forms a background to it.
- acetaminophen — a white crystalline powder, CH3CONHC6H4OH, used for reducing fever and relieving pain
- achromatophil — Also, achromatophilic [ey-kruh-mat-uh-fil-ik, ak-ruh-, ey-kroh-muh-tuh-] /ˌeɪ krəˌmæt əˈfɪl ɪk, ˌæk rə-, eɪˌkroʊ mə tə-/ (Show IPA). having little or no affinity for stains.
- achromatopsia — a visual disorder defined by deficient or absent function in the retinal cones, resulting in colour blindness and in decreased vision in bright lights
- actinomorphic — (esp of a flower) having radial symmetry, as buttercups
14 letter words containing a, m, p
- abdominoplasty — the surgical removal of excess skin and fat from the abdomen
- absorptiometer — an instrument that measures absorption of light, esp by a solution
- absorptiometry — (chemistry) Analysis using an absorptiometer.
- accompaniments — something incidental or added for ornament, symmetry, etc.
- accomplishable — to bring to its goal or conclusion; carry out; perform; finish: to accomplish one's mission.
15 letter words containing a, m, p
- achromatophilia — the property of having little or no affinity for stains.
- allotriomorphic — (of minerals) not having their own regular shape (as determined by their internal structure) but being shaped instead by adjacent minerals
- alpes-maritimes — a department of the SE corner of France in Provence-Alpes-Côte-d'Azur region. Capital: Nice. Pop: 1 045 973 (2003 est). Area: 4298 sq km (1676 sq miles)
- amphiarthrodial — a joint permitting only slight motion, as that between the vertebrae.
- angel's-trumpet — any of several plants belonging to the genera Brugmansia and Datura, of the nightshade family, having large, trumpet-shaped flowers in a variety of colors.
16 letter words containing a, m, p
- aerometeorograph — an aircraft instrument that records temperature, humidity, and atmospheric pressure
- all-encompassing — all-embracing.
- anthropocentrism — an anthropocentric theory or view.
- anthropomorphise — Non-Oxford British standard spelling of anthropomorphize.
- anthropomorphism — Anthropomorphism is the idea that an animal, a god, or an object has feelings or characteristics like those of a human being.
17 letter words containing a, m, p
- administratorship — a person who manages or has a talent for managing.
- anthropomorphized — Simple past tense and past participle of anthropomorphize.
- anthropomorphosis — transformation into human form
- anti-metaphysical — pertaining to or of the nature of metaphysics.
- anti-monopolistic — a person who has a monopoly.
18 letter words containing a, m, p
- anthropomorphising — Present participle of anthropomorphise.
- beta-naphthylamine — a white to reddish, crystalline, water-soluble, extremely toxic solid, C 10 H 9 N, used chiefly in the manufacture of azo dyes.
- campbell-bannerman — Sir Henry. 1836–1908, British statesman and leader of the Liberal Party (1899–1908); prime minister (1905–08), who granted self-government to the Transvaal and the Orange River Colony
- deanthropomorphism — the ridding of philosophy or religion of anthropomorphic beliefs and doctrines.
- decompartmentalize — to remove excessive compartmentalization from (an organization)
19 letter words containing a, m, p
- anthropomorphically — ascribing human form or attributes to a being or thing not human, especially to a deity.
- cap-de-la-madeleine — a city in S Quebec, in E Canada, near Three Rivers, on the St. Lawrence.
- cape-disappointment — Cape, a cape in SW Washington state, projecting into the Pacific Ocean on the N of the mouth of the Columbia River.
- champigny-sur-marne — a suburb of Paris, on the River Marne. Pop: 75 556 (2006)
- cinematographically — a motion-picture projector.
20 letter words containing a, m, p
- abetalipoproteinemia — a rare inherited disorder of fat metabolism due to an inability to synthesize certain apolipoproteins necessary for the transport of triglycerides, leading to diarrhea, steatorrhea, and failure to thrive.
- anthropomorphization — Endowing with human qualities.
- anti-supernaturalism — supernatural character or agency.
- barothermohygrograph — an automatic instrument for recording pressure, temperature, and humidity.
- compartmentalization — to divide into categories or compartments.
21 letter words containing a, m, p
22 letter words containing a, m, p
- chemical-sympathectomy — sympathectomy (def 2).
23 letter words containing a, m, p
- de-compartmentalization — to divide into categories or compartments.
24 letter words containing a, m, p
26 letter words containing a, m, p
- compassionate-conservatism — a political conservative who is motivated by concern for the needy but supports policies based on personal responsibility and limited government: George W. Bush ran for president as a compassionate conservative.
32 letter words containing a, m, p
- democratic-republic-of-the-congo — People's Republic of the, a republic in central Africa, W of the Democratic Republic of the Congo: formerly an overseas territory in French Equatorial Africa; now an independent member of the French Community. 132,046 sq. mi. (341,999 sq. km). Capital: Brazzaville. Formerly French Congo, Middle Congo.
On this page, we collect all words with A, M, P. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 13295 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains A, M, P that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.