Words containing a, l, k, i, n
5 letter words containing a, l, k, i, n
- lakin — Obsolete. ladykin.
6 letter words containing a, l, k, i, n
- alkine — any member of the alkyne series.
- calkin — calk2 (def 1).
- glinka — Mikhail Ivanovich [mi-kah-eel i-vah-nuh-vich;; Russian myi-khuh-yeel ee-vah-nuh-vyich] /mɪ kɑˈil ɪˈvɑ nə vɪtʃ;; Russian myɪ xʌˈyil iˈvɑ nə vyɪtʃ/ (Show IPA), 1803–57, Russian composer.
- kalian — a Persian tobacco pipe in which the smoke is drawn through water; hookah.
- kaolin — a fine white clay used in the manufacture of porcelain.
7 letter words containing a, l, k, i, n
- alkines — any member of the alkyne series.
- ankling — Present participle of ankle.
- antlike — of or like an ant or ants
- balking — to stop, as at an obstacle, and refuse to proceed or to do something specified (usually followed by at): He balked at making the speech.
- calking — Present participle of calk.
8 letter words containing a, l, k, i, n
- alekhine — Alexander. 1892–1946, Russian-born chess player who lived in France; world champion (1927–35, 1937–46)
- algonkin — Algonquin
- aliakmon — a river in N Greece. 200 miles (322 km) long: longest river in Greece.
- alitrunk — (zoology) The segment of an insect's body to which the wings are attached; the thorax or mesosoma.
- alkaline — Something that is alkaline contains an alkali or has a pH value of more than 7.
9 letter words containing a, l, k, i, n
- akmolinsk — former name of Akmola.
- algonkian — Algonquian
- alikeness — the state or quality of being similar
- alkekengi — the winter cherry plant or fruit.
- ankylosis — abnormal adhesion or immobility of the bones in a joint, as by a direct joining of the bones, a fibrous growth of tissues within the joint, or surgery
10 letter words containing a, l, k, i, n
- alkalinity — the quality or state of being alkaline
- alkalinize — to make alkaline
- alkylating — Present participle of alkylate.
- alkylation — the attachment of an alkyl group to an organic compound, usually by the addition or substitution of a hydrogen atom or halide group
- animallike — Alternative spelling of animal-like.
11 letter words containing a, l, k, i, n
- alkalifying — Present participle of alkalify.
- alkanethiol — any compound containing an alkyl group joined to a mercapto group, as methyl mercaptan or methanethiol, CH 3 SH.
- ankle-biter — small child, toddler
- antalkaline — neutralizing an alkali or counteracting alkalinity
- antiwrinkle — (of cosmetics) intended to reduce or remove wrinkles from the skin
12 letter words containing a, l, k, i, n
- aldermanlike — resembling an alderman, esp in being pompous
- alkalization — Alkalinization.
- alkaptonuria — excessive excretion of homogentisic acid in the urine, caused by a hereditary abnormality of the metabolism of tyrosine and phenylalanine.
- antibacklash — relating to the prevention of a violent backward reaction or movement
- antiblackism — a belief or type of behaviour which exhibits hostility towards Black people
13 letter words containing a, l, k, i, n
- acknowledging — Present participle of acknowledg.
- alkali-loving — (of a plant) requiring a pH of 7.1 to 9 for optimal growth.
- ankyloglossia — tongue-tie.
- anticlockwise — If something is moving anticlockwise, it is moving in the opposite direction to the direction in which the hands of a clock move.
- automatonlike — Like an automaton; robotic.
14 letter words containing a, l, k, i, n
15 letter words containing a, l, k, i, n
- al-iskandariyah — Arabic name of Alexandria.
- ankylostomiasis — ancylostomiasis
- black-and-white — displaying only black and white tones; without color, as a picture or chart: a black-and-white photograph.
- contraclockwise — Counterclockwise.
- czechoslovakian — Czechoslovakian means the same as Czechoslovak.
16 letter words containing a, l, k, i, n
- backward-looking — If you describe someone or something as backward-looking, you disapprove of their attitudes, ideas, or actions because they are based on old-fashioned opinions or methods.
- bacterioplankton — (biology) The bacterial component of marine plankton.
- clackmannanshire — a council area and historical county of central Scotland; became part of the Central region in 1975 but reinstated as an independent unitary authority in 1996; mainly agricultural. Administrative centre: Alloa. Pop: 47 680 (2003 est). Area: 142 sq km (55 sq miles)
- cloak-and-suiter — a manufacturer or seller of clothing.
- english-speaking — speaking English as a mother tongue
17 letter words containing a, l, k, i, n
- bouncebackability — the ability to recover after a setback, esp in sport
- clicks-and-mortar — pertaining to or denoting a company that does business on the Internet and in traditional stores or offices.
- dark-complexioned — (of a person) having a dark complexion
- lackadaisicalness — without interest, vigor, or determination; listless; lethargic: a lackadaisical attempt.
- yuzhno-sakhalinsk — a city in the SE Russian Federation in Asia, on S Sakhalin Island.
18 letter words containing a, l, k, i, n
- didaskaleinophobia — The fear of going to school.
- jack-in-the-pulpit — A North American plant, Arisaema triphyllum, of the arum family, having an upright spadix arched over by a green or striped purplish-brown spathe.
- king-of-the-salmon — a ribbonfish, Trachypterus altivelis, of northern parts of the Pacific Ocean.
- nickeled-and-dimed — of little or no importance; trivial; petty: a nickel-and-dime business that soon folded.
19 letter words containing a, l, k, i, n
- devils-on-horseback — a savoury of prunes wrapped in bacon slices and served on toast
- niagara-on-the-lake — a town in SE Ontario, in S Canada, on Lake Ontario, at the mouth of the Niagara River, on the border between Canada and New York.
- phakoemulsification — the removal of a cataract by first liquefying the affected lens with ultrasonic vibrations and then extracting it by suction.
21 letter words containing a, l, k, i, n
- aleksandr-nikolaevich — Alexander (Aleksandr Nikolaevich) 1899–1977, Russian pianist and composer, in the U.S.
- devil's-walking-stick — Hercules-club (def 2).
- meter-kilogram-second — of or relating to the system of units in which the meter, kilogram, and second are the principal units of length, mass, and time. Abbreviation: mks, MKS.
24 letter words containing a, l, k, i, n
- black-english-vernacular — Also called African American Vernacular English, African American English, Afro-American English, Black English Vernacular, Black Vernacular English.a dialect of American English characterized by pronunciations, syntactic structures, and vocabulary associated with and used by some North American black people and exhibiting a wide variety and range of forms varying in the extent to which they differ from standard English.
28 letter words containing a, l, k, i, n
- meter-kilogram-second-ampere — of or relating to the system of units in which the meter, kilogram, second, and ampere are the principal units of length, mass, time, and electric current. Abbreviation: mksa, MKSA.
On this page, we collect all words with A, L, K, I, N. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 2196 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains A, L, K, I, N that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.