Words containing a, l, d, r, i, g
7 letter words containing a, l, d, r, i, g
- darling — You call someone darling if you love them or like them very much.
- daygirl — a girl who attends a boarding school daily, but returns home each evening
- gillard — Julia (Eileen). born 1961. Australian Labor politician, born in Wales: Deputy Prime Minister (2007–10); Prime Minister (2010-13)
- goliard — one of a class of wandering scholar-poets in Germany, France, and England, chiefly in the 12th and 13th centuries, noted as the authors of satirical Latin verse written in celebration of conviviality, sensual pleasures, etc.
- larding — the rendered fat of hogs, especially the internal fat of the abdomen.
8 letter words containing a, l, d, r, i, g
- aldridge — Ira Frederick ("the African Roscius") 1804?–67, U.S. actor, primarily in Europe.
- bardling — an inexperienced, and thus usually inferior, poet
- cradling — a framework of iron or wood, esp as used in the construction of a ceiling
- daringly — In a daring manner; boldly; courageously; fearlessly; impudently.
- darkling — in the dark or night
9 letter words containing a, l, d, r, i, g
10 letter words containing a, l, d, r, i, g
- admiringly — displaying or feeling admiration: admiring looks.
- air-logged — (of a pump or system of piping) hindered in its functioning by an air lock; air-bound.
- bridgeable — a structure spanning and providing passage over a river, chasm, road, or the like.
- bridgetalk — (language) A visual language.
- bridgewall — (in a furnace or boiler) a transverse baffle that serves to deflect products of combustion.
11 letter words containing a, l, d, r, i, g
- accordingly — You use accordingly to introduce a fact or situation which is a result or consequence of something that you have just referred to.
- aggrievedly — In the manner of someone who is aggrieved.
- allegorized — Simple past tense and past participle of allegorize.
- alligatored — Damaged by alligatoring.
- bedraggling — Present participle of bedraggle.
12 letter words containing a, l, d, r, i, g
- adrenalizing — to stir to action; excite: The promise of victory adrenalized the team.
- adulterating — Present participle of adulterate.
- affrightedly — in a frightened or alarmed manner
- amygdaliform — almond-shaped.
- andragogical — the methods or techniques used to teach adults: Many educators believe that the principles of andragogy, as advanced by Malcolm Knowles, have great relevance to adult education; others are not so certain.
13 letter words containing a, l, d, r, i, g
- aerodontalgia — a toothache caused by lowered barometric pressure, as in high-altitude flight.
- aeromodelling — the making and flying of model planes
- aggradational — (geology) Pertaining to or formed by aggradation.
- all-pervading — spreading through or into everything
- bar-and-grill — a place where food and alcoholic drinks are served to customers; a combined barroom and grillroom.
14 letter words containing a, l, d, r, i, g
- adrenergically — in a manner relating to the release or activation of adrenaline
- agroindustrial — of or relating to agroindustry
- bascule-bridge — a device operating like a balance or seesaw, especially an arrangement of a movable bridge (bascule bridge) by which the rising floor or section is counterbalanced by a weight.
- bildungsromane — a type of novel concerned with the education, development, and maturing of a young protagonist.
- blade-shearing — the shearing of sheep using hand shears
15 letter words containing a, l, d, r, i, g
- agro-industrial — the large-scale production, processing, and packaging of food using modern equipment and methods.
- andrographolide — (organic compound) A bitter labdane diterpenoid that is the main bioactive component of the medicinal plant Andrographis paniculata, effective against certain cancers.
- child-battering — the physical abuse of a child by a parent or guardian, as by beating.
- daughter-in-law — Someone's daughter-in-law is the wife of their son.
- deagglomeration — Deagglomeration is the process of breaking up agglomerates.
16 letter words containing a, l, d, r, i, g
- alpha-adrenergic — of or having to do with an alpha receptor
- backward-looking — If you describe someone or something as backward-looking, you disapprove of their attitudes, ideas, or actions because they are based on old-fashioned opinions or methods.
- biodegradability — capable of decaying through the action of living organisms: biodegradable paper; biodegradable detergent.
- clearsightedness — The property of being clearsighted.
- coleridge-taylor — Samuel. 1875–1912, British composer, best known for his trilogy of oratorios Song of Hiawatha (1898–1900)
17 letter words containing a, l, d, r, i, g
- antiprostaglandin — A prostaglandin inhibitor.
- bergisch-gladbach — an industrial city in W Germany, near Cologne.
- board-and-shingle — a small dwelling with wooden walls and a shingle roof
- deindustrializing — Present participle of deindustrialize.
- dendroclimatology — The science that uses dendrochronology to reconstruct historical climate conditions.
18 letter words containing a, l, d, r, i, g
- agro-industrialize — to industrialize the agriculture of: to agro-industrialize a developing nation.
- antiprostaglandins — Plural form of antiprostaglandin.
- ballistocardiogram — a tracing made by a ballistocardiograph
- character-building — improving certain good or useful traits in a person's character, esp self-reliance, endurance, and courage
- diphosphoglycerate — an ester of phosphoric acid and glyceric acid that occurs in the blood and that promotes the release of hemoglobin-bound oxygen.
19 letter words containing a, l, d, r, i, g
- aldridge-brownhills — a town in central England, in Walsall unitary authority, West Midlands: formed by the amalgamation of neighbouring towns in 1966. Pop: 35 525 (2001)
- auricular-appendage — Anatomy. the projecting outer portion of the ear; pinna. Also called auricular appendage. an ear-shaped appendage projecting from each atrium of the heart. (loosely) the atrium.
- ballistocardiograph — an instrument that records the slight recoil of the body, while on a special bed, caused by the contractions of the heart: used to measure cardiac pumping power and the elasticity of the aorta
- dendrochronological — Pertaining to dendrochronology.
- electrocardiographs — Plural form of electrocardiograph.
20 letter words containing a, l, d, r, i, g
- decompartmentalizing — Present participle of decompartmentalize.
- electrocardiographic — Of or pertaining to an electrocardiogram (ECG) or electrocardiograph.
- languedoc-roussillon — a region of S France, on the Gulf of Lions: consists of the departments of Lozère, Gard, Hérault, Aude, and Pyrénées-Orientales; mainly mountainous with a coastal plain
- self-differentiating — to form or mark differently from other such things; distinguish.
21 letter words containing a, l, d, r, i, g
- dendrochronologically — By the use of, or with reference to dendrochronology.
- meter-kilogram-second — of or relating to the system of units in which the meter, kilogram, and second are the principal units of length, mass, and time. Abbreviation: mks, MKS.
- watenstedt-salzgitter — former name of Salzgitter.
22 letter words containing a, l, d, r, i, g
- agro-industrialization — to industrialize the agriculture of: to agro-industrialize a developing nation.
23 letter words containing a, l, d, r, i, g
24 letter words containing a, l, d, r, i, g
- electrocardiographically — By means of electrocardiography.
26 letter words containing a, l, d, r, i, g
- straight-from-the-shoulder — direct, honest, and forceful in expression; outspoken.
28 letter words containing a, l, d, r, i, g
- meter-kilogram-second-ampere — of or relating to the system of units in which the meter, kilogram, second, and ampere are the principal units of length, mass, time, and electric current. Abbreviation: mksa, MKSA.
32 letter words containing a, l, d, r, i, g
- democratic-republic-of-the-congo — People's Republic of the, a republic in central Africa, W of the Democratic Republic of the Congo: formerly an overseas territory in French Equatorial Africa; now an independent member of the French Community. 132,046 sq. mi. (341,999 sq. km). Capital: Brazzaville. Formerly French Congo, Middle Congo.
34 letter words containing a, l, d, r, i, g
- supercalifragilisticexpialidocious — (used as a nonsense word by children to express approval or to represent the longest word in English.)
On this page, we collect all words with A, L, D, R, I, G. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 2462 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains A, L, D, R, I, G that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.