Words containing a, h, o, l, i
6 letter words containing a, h, o, l, i
- alioth — a binary star, the brightest star in the constellation Ursa Major and in the handle of the Big Dipper: magnitude, 1.8
- haloid — Also, halogenoid [hal-uh-juh-noid, hey-luh-] /ˈhæl ə dʒəˌnɔɪd, ˈheɪ lə-/ (Show IPA). resembling or derived from a halogen.
- lashio — a town in N Burma (Myanmar), NE of Mandalay: the SW terminus of the Burma Road.
- lochia — the liquid discharge from the uterus after childbirth.
7 letter words containing a, h, o, l, i
- abolish — If someone in authority abolishes a system or practice, they formally put an end to it.
- acholia — a condition involving partial or complete lack of bile secretion
- acholic — lack of a secretion of bile.
- anouilh — Jean (ʒɑ̃). 1910–87, French dramatist, noted for his reinterpretations of Greek myths: his works include Eurydice (1942), Antigone (1944), and Becket (1959)
- balochi — Baluchi.
8 letter words containing a, h, o, l, i
- acrolith — (esp in ancient Greek sculpture) a wooden, often draped figure with only the head, hands, and feet in stone
- aerolith — a meteorite consisting mainly of stony matter.
- alcithoe — a daughter of Minyas who was driven mad for mocking Dionysus.
- alphosis — absence of skin pigmentation, as in albinism
- aphelion — the point in its orbit when a planet or comet is at its greatest distance from the sun
9 letter words containing a, h, o, l, i
- acholuria — the absence of bile pigments in the urine.
- acidophil — (of cells or cell contents) easily stained by acid dyes
- alcoholic — An alcoholic is someone who cannot stop drinking large amounts of alcohol, even when this is making them ill.
- algorithm — An algorithm is a series of mathematical steps, especially in a computer program, which will give you the answer to a particular kind of problem or question.
- amphibole — any of a large group of minerals consisting of the silicates of calcium, iron, magnesium, sodium, and aluminium, usually in the form of long slender dark-coloured crystals. Members of the group, including hornblende, actinolite, and tremolite, are common constituents of igneous rocks
10 letter words containing a, h, o, l, i
- accomplish — If you accomplish something, you succeed in doing it.
- achitophel — Ahithophel
- acidophile — Biology, Ecology. acidophilic.
- ahithophel — a member of David's council, who became one of Absalom's advisers in his rebellion and hanged himself when his advice was overruled (II Samuel 15:12–17:23)
- alcoholism — People who suffer from alcoholism cannot stop drinking large quantities of alcohol.
11 letter words containing a, h, o, l, i
- abhominable — abominable.
- abolishment — to do away with; put an end to; annul; make void: to abolish slavery.
- acidophilic — easily stained with acid dyes
- acidophilus — a lactic-acid-producing bacterium primarily found in live yoghurt, useful in restoring bacterial balance in the intestine
- aelurophile — ailurophile.
12 letter words containing a, h, o, l, i
- accomplished — If someone is accomplished at something, they are very good at it.
- accomplisher — to bring to its goal or conclusion; carry out; perform; finish: to accomplish one's mission.
- achlorhydria — the absence of free hydrochloric acid in the gastric juice
- achluophobia — The fear of darkness.
- aelurophilia — ailurophilia.
13 letter words containing a, h, o, l, i
- acetylcholine — a chemical substance secreted at the ends of many nerve fibres, esp in the autonomic nervous system, and responsible for the transmission of nervous impulses. Formula: CH3CO2(CH2)2N(CH3)3+
- achromatophil — Also, achromatophilic [ey-kruh-mat-uh-fil-ik, ak-ruh-, ey-kroh-muh-tuh-] /ˌeɪ krəˌmæt əˈfɪl ɪk, ˌæk rə-, eɪˌkroʊ mə tə-/ (Show IPA). having little or no affinity for stains.
- aerophilately — the study or collection of airmail stamps, cancellations, etc.
- allhallowtide — the season of All Saints' Day (Allhallows)
- alligatorfish — a slender marine fish, Aspidophoroides monopterygius, of Atlantic seas, having overlapping plates covering the body.
14 letter words containing a, h, o, l, i
- above-the-line — denoting entries printed above the horizontal line on a company's profit-and-loss account separating the entries that show how the profit (or loss) was made from the entries showing how the profit is to be distributed
- accomplishable — to bring to its goal or conclusion; carry out; perform; finish: to accomplish one's mission.
- accomplishment — An accomplishment is something remarkable that has been done or achieved.
- achondroplasia — a skeletal disorder, characterized by failure of normal conversion of cartilage into bone, that begins during fetal life and results in dwarfism
- alektorophobia — The fear of chickens.
15 letter words containing a, h, o, l, i
- achromatophilia — the property of having little or no affinity for stains.
- allotriomorphic — (of minerals) not having their own regular shape (as determined by their internal structure) but being shaped instead by adjacent minerals
- amphiarthrodial — a joint permitting only slight motion, as that between the vertebrae.
- anaesthesiology — the science of administering anesthetics.
- anthropological — the science that deals with the origins, physical and cultural development, biological characteristics, and social customs and beliefs of humankind.
16 letter words containing a, h, o, l, i
- alpha-interferon — interferon (def 2).
- aminocyclohexane — cyclohexylamine.
- anesthesiologist — An anesthesiologist is a doctor who specializes in giving anaesthetics to patients.
- anti-monarchical — of, like, or pertaining to a monarch or monarchy.
- anti-theoretical — of, relating to, or consisting in theory; not practical (distinguished from applied).
17 letter words containing a, h, o, l, i
- alpha-fetoprotein — a protein that forms in the liver of the human fetus. Excessive quantities in the amniotic fluid and maternal blood may indicate spina bifida in the fetus; low levels may point to Down's syndrome
- aminoglutethimide — a hormone antagonist, C 13 H 16 N 2 O 2 , used in the treatment of Cushing's syndrome and breast cancer.
- anaesthesiologist — anesthesiology.
- anglo-catholicism — the tradition or form of worship in the Anglican Church that emphasizes Catholicity, the apostolic succession, and the continuity of all churches within the communion with pre-Reformation Christianity as well as the importance of liturgy and ritual.
- anthracosilicosis — a form of pneumoconiosis occurring in miners, caused by the inhalation of coal and siliceous particles.
18 letter words containing a, h, o, l, i
- anti-scholasticism — (sometimes initial capital letter) the system of theological and philosophical teaching predominant in the Middle Ages, based chiefly upon the authority of the church fathers and of Aristotle and his commentators.
- anticholinesterase — any of a group of substances that inhibit the action of cholinesterase
- california-fuchsia — a plant belonging to the genus Fuchsia, of the evening primrose family, including many varieties cultivated for their handsome drooping flowers.
- carboxyhaemoglobin — haemoglobin coordinated with carbon monoxide, formed as a result of carbon monoxide poisoning. As carbon monoxide is bound in preference to oxygen, tissues are deprived of oxygen
- cholangiocarcinoma — (pathology) Cancer of the bile duct.
19 letter words containing a, h, o, l, i
- aldridge-brownhills — a town in central England, in Walsall unitary authority, West Midlands: formed by the amalgamation of neighbouring towns in 1966. Pop: 35 525 (2001)
- anarcho-syndicalism — syndicalism.
- anarcho-syndicalist — syndicalism.
- anthropocentrically — regarding the human being as the central fact of the universe.
- anthropomorphically — ascribing human form or attributes to a being or thing not human, especially to a deity.
20 letter words containing a, h, o, l, i
- acetylcholinesterase — an enzyme in nerve cells that is responsible for the destruction of acetylcholine and thus for switching off excitation of the nerve
- acetylmethylcarbinol — acetoin.
- chevalier-montrachet — a white wine from Burgundy.
- clean-bill-of-health — a certificate, carried by a ship, attesting to the presence or absence of infectious diseases among the ship's crew and at the port from which it has come.
- fermentation-alcohol — Also called ethyl alcohol, grain alcohol, ethanol, fermentation alcohol. a colorless, limpid, volatile, flammable, water-miscible liquid, C 2 H 5 OH, having an etherlike odor and pungent, burning taste, the intoxicating principle of fermented liquors, produced by yeast fermentation of certain carbohydrates, as grains, molasses, starch, or sugar, or obtained synthetically by hydration of ethylene or as a by-product of certain hydrocarbon syntheses: used chiefly as a solvent in the extraction of specific substances, in beverages, medicines, organic synthesis, lotions, tonics, colognes, rubbing compounds, as an automobile radiator antifreeze, and as a rocket fuel. Compare denatured alcohol, methyl alcohol.
21 letter words containing a, h, o, l, i
- aleksandr-nikolaevich — Alexander (Aleksandr Nikolaevich) 1899–1977, Russian pianist and composer, in the U.S.
- hypercholesterolaemia — the condition of having a high concentration of cholesterol in the blood
- hypogammaglobulinemia — A type of immune disorder characterised by a reduction in all types of gamma globulins.
- hysterosalpingography — (medicine) X-ray examination of the uterus and oviducts following injection of a radiopaque substance.
22 letter words containing a, h, o, l, i
23 letter words containing a, h, o, l, i
24 letter words containing a, h, o, l, i
29 letter words containing a, h, o, l, i
31 letter words containing a, h, o, l, i
32 letter words containing a, h, o, l, i
- democratic-republic-of-the-congo — People's Republic of the, a republic in central Africa, W of the Democratic Republic of the Congo: formerly an overseas territory in French Equatorial Africa; now an independent member of the French Community. 132,046 sq. mi. (341,999 sq. km). Capital: Brazzaville. Formerly French Congo, Middle Congo.
On this page, we collect all words with A, H, O, L, I. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 6595 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains A, H, O, L, I that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.