Words containing a, g, l, s
5 letter words containing a, g, l, s
6 letter words containing a, g, l, s
- algins — any hydrophilic, colloidal substance found in or obtained from various kelps, as alginic acid or one of its soluble salts.
- angels — a male or female given name.
- aslaug — daughter of Brynhild and Sigurd, wife of Ragnar Lodbrok.
- gallus — bold; daring; reckless
- galosh — a waterproof overshoe, especially a high one.
7 letter words containing a, g, l, s
- agelaus — the herdsman of Priam who raised Paris.
- ageless — If you describe someone as ageless, you mean that they never seem to look any older.
- agulhas — Capesouthernmost point of Africa, in Western Cape province, South Africa
- alagoas — a state in NE Brazil, on the Atlantic coast. Capital: Maceió. Pop: 2 887 535 (2002). Area: 30 776 sq km (11 031 sq miles)
- algesia — the capacity to feel pain
8 letter words containing a, g, l, s
- aglisten — refulgent; glistening.
- aglossia — congenital absence of the tongue
- agrestal — (of uncultivated plants such as weeds) growing on cultivated land
- algorism — the Arabic or decimal system of counting
- aliasing — the error in a vision or sound signal arising from limitations in the system that generates or processes the signal
9 letter words containing a, g, l, s
- agileness — the quality of being agile
- agilities — the power of moving quickly and easily; nimbleness: exercises demanding agility.
- algeciras — a port and resort in SW Spain, on the Strait of Gibraltar: scene of a conference of the Great Powers in 1906. Pop: 108 779 (2003 est)
- allergist — An allergist is a doctor who specializes in treating people with allergies.
- almsgiver — a person who gives alms
10 letter words containing a, g, l, s
- accusingly — to charge with the fault, offense, or crime (usually followed by of): He accused him of murder.
- agathocles — 361–289 b.c, tyrant of Syracuse 317–289.
- agendaless — without an agenda; unplanned; purposeless
- albigenses — members of a Manichean sect that flourished in S France from the 11th to the 13th century
- algebraist — an expert in algebra.
11 letter words containing a, g, l, s
- agrostology — the branch of botany concerned with the study of grasses
- albategnius — Latin name of Battani.
- alcaligenes — any of several rod-shaped aerobic or facultatively anaerobic bacteria of the genus Alcaligenes, found in the intestinal tract of humans and other vertebrates and in dairy products.
- algesimeter — an instrument for determining the sensitiveness of the skin to a painful stimulus.
- algophagous — feeding on algae, as certain insects.
12 letter words containing a, g, l, s
- acknowledges — to admit to be real or true; recognize the existence, truth, or fact of: to acknowledge one's mistakes.
- aggressively — characterized by or tending toward unprovoked offensives, attacks, invasions, or the like; militantly forward or menacing: aggressive acts against a neighboring country.
- agnostically — a person who holds that the existence of the ultimate cause, as God, and the essential nature of things are unknown and unknowable, or that human knowledge is limited to experience. Synonyms: disbeliever, nonbeliever, unbeliever; doubter, skeptic, secularist, empiricist; heathen, heretic, infidel, pagan.
- algesiometer — an instrument for determining the sensitiveness of the skin to a painful stimulus.
- allegoristic — writing or using allegory; interpreting in an allegorical sense.
13 letter words containing a, g, l, s
- abyssopelagic — referring to or occurring in the region of deep water above the floor of the ocean
- acne-vulgaris — an inflammatory disease of the sebaceous glands, characterized by comedones and pimples, especially on the face, back, and chest, and, in severe cases, by cysts and nodules resulting in scarring.
- aganglionosis — (medicine) A medical condition involving absence of ganglia.
- agreeableness — to one's liking; pleasing: agreeable manners; an agreeable sensation.
- agriculturist — an agricultural expert
14 letter words containing a, g, l, s
- advantageously — providing an advantage; furnishing convenience or opportunity; favorable; profitable; useful; beneficial: an advantageous position; an advantageous treaty.
- aguascalientes — a state in central Mexico. Pop: 943 506 (2000). Area: 5471 sq km (2112 sq miles)
- aminoglycoside — of or relating to amino sugars in glycosidic linkage.
- anaglyphoscope — a pair of spectacles for viewing an anaglyph.
- anesthesiology — the science of anesthesia and anesthetics
15 letter words containing a, g, l, s
- agranulocytosis — a serious and sometimes fatal illness characterized by a marked reduction of leucocytes, usually caused by hypersensitivity to certain drugs
- agriculturalist — An agriculturalist is someone who is an expert on agriculture and who advises farmers.
- agro-industrial — the large-scale production, processing, and packaging of food using modern equipment and methods.
- americanologist — a foreign expert or specialist in American cultural or political matters: a leading Americanologist in the Kremlin.
- anaesthesiology — the science of administering anesthetics.
16 letter words containing a, g, l, s
- all-encompassing — all-embracing.
- anesthesiologist — An anesthesiologist is a doctor who specializes in giving anaesthetics to patients.
- anglo-australian — belonging, relating to, or involving England and Australia, or the people of the two countries.
- antagonistically — acting in opposition; opposing, especially mutually.
- anticyclogenesis — the intensification or development of an anticyclone.
17 letter words containing a, g, l, s
- american-flagfish — flagfish (def 1).
- anaesthesiologist — anesthesiology.
- anglo-catholicism — the tradition or form of worship in the Anglican Church that emphasizes Catholicity, the apostolic succession, and the continuity of all churches within the communion with pre-Reformation Christianity as well as the importance of liturgy and ritual.
- bergisch-gladbach — an industrial city in W Germany, near Cologne.
- betagalactosidase — any of a family of enzymes capable of liberating galactose from carbohydrates.
18 letter words containing a, g, l, s
- agro-industrialize — to industrialize the agriculture of: to agro-industrialize a developing nation.
- ballistocardiogram — a tracing made by a ballistocardiograph
- battleground-state — a state of the U.S. in which the Democratic and Republican candidates both have a good chance of winning and that is considered key to the outcome of a presidential election: the swing states of Ohio and Indiana.
- congregationalists — a form of Protestant church government in which each local religious society is independent and self-governing.
- diphosphoglycerate — an ester of phosphoric acid and glyceric acid that occurs in the blood and that promotes the release of hemoglobin-bound oxygen.
19 letter words containing a, g, l, s
- aldridge-brownhills — a town in central England, in Walsall unitary authority, West Midlands: formed by the amalgamation of neighbouring towns in 1966. Pop: 35 525 (2001)
- ambassador-at-large — an ambassador with special duties who may be sent to more than one government
- angels-on-horseback — a savoury of oysters wrapped in bacon slices and served on toast
- ballistocardiograph — an instrument that records the slight recoil of the body, while on a special bed, caused by the contractions of the heart: used to measure cardiac pumping power and the elasticity of the aorta
- gastroenterocolitis — (medicine) inflammation of the stomach, small intestines, and colon.
20 letter words containing a, g, l, s
- congressman-at-large — (in the US) a member of the House of Representatives who was elected by the voters of an entire state as opposed to the voters of a single Congressional district
- languedoc-roussillon — a region of S France, on the Gulf of Lions: consists of the departments of Lozère, Gard, Hérault, Aude, and Pyrénées-Orientales; mainly mountainous with a coastal plain
- lymphogranulomatosis — widespread infectious granuloma of the lymphatic system.
21 letter words containing a, g, l, s
- châlons-en-champagne — a town in NE France, on the River Marne: scene of Attila's defeat by the Romans (451 ad). Pop: 47 339 (1999)
- devil's-walking-stick — Hercules-club (def 2).
- ecological-succession — the coming of one person or thing after another in order, sequence, or in the course of events: many troubles in succession.
- hysterosalpingography — (medicine) X-ray examination of the uterus and oviducts following injection of a radiopaque substance.
- magnetoplasmadynamics — magnetohydrodynamics.
22 letter words containing a, g, l, s
- agro-industrialization — to industrialize the agriculture of: to agro-industrialize a developing nation.
24 letter words containing a, g, l, s
- black-english-vernacular — Also called African American Vernacular English, African American English, Afro-American English, Black English Vernacular, Black Vernacular English.a dialect of American English characterized by pronunciations, syntactic structures, and vocabulary associated with and used by some North American black people and exhibiting a wide variety and range of forms varying in the extent to which they differ from standard English.
- laryngotracheobronchitis — A respiratory disease, a form of croup.
On this page, we collect all words with A, G, L, S. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 8306 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains A, G, L, S that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.