Words containing a, f, s, t
4 letter words containing a, f, s, t
5 letter words containing a, f, s, t
- facts — something that actually exists; reality; truth: Your fears have no basis in fact.
- fates — something that unavoidably befalls a person; fortune; lot: It is always his fate to be left behind.
- fatso — a fat person (used as a term of address).
- faust — Johann [yoh-hahn] /ˈyoʊ hɑn/ (Show IPA), c1480–c1538, German magician, alchemist, and astrologer.
- feast — any rich or abundant meal: The steak dinner was a feast.
6 letter words containing a, f, s, t
- afters — dessert; sweet
- aftosa — foot-and-mouth disease.
- facets — one of the small, polished plane surfaces of a cut gem.
- fagots — a bundle of sticks, twigs, or branches bound together and used as fuel, a fascine, a torch, etc.
- faints — a temporary loss of consciousness resulting from a decreased flow of blood to the brain; a swoon: to fall into a faint.
7 letter words containing a, f, s, t
- afslaet — Associate Fellow of the Society of Licensed Aircraft Engineers and Technologists
- aftmost — furthest aft; furthest towards the rear; rearmost
- batfish — any angler of the family Ogcocephalidae, having a flattened scaleless body and moving on the sea floor by means of fleshy pectoral and pelvic fins
- bedfast — bedridden
- belfast — the capital of Northern Ireland, a port on Belfast Lough in Belfast district, Co Antrim and Co Down: became the centre of Irish Protestantism and of the linen industry in the 17th century; seat of the Northern Ireland assembly and executive. Pop: 281 000 (2011 est)
8 letter words containing a, f, s, t
- afflatus — an impulse of creative power or inspiration, esp in poetry, considered to be of divine origin (esp in the phrase divine afflatus)
- afforest — to plant trees on; convert into forested land
- aftersun — a moisturizing lotion applied to the skin to soothe sunburn and avoid peeling
- amfortas — (in medieval legend) the leader of the knights of the Holy Grail
- asfetida — asafetida.
9 letter words containing a, f, s, t
- acid-fast — (of bacteria and tissues) resistant to decolorization by mineral acids after staining
- affecters — to give the appearance of; pretend or feign: to affect knowledge of the situation.
- aftercast — a casting made from a mold that was itself made from an original casting.
- aftermost — closer or closest to the rear or (in a vessel) the stern; last
- aftershow — a party held after a public performance of a play or film
10 letter words containing a, f, s, t
- abbotsford — estate (1812-32) of Sir Walter Scott, on the Tweed in SE Scotland
- affectless — showing no emotion or concern for others
- affettuoso — with feeling
- affinities — a natural liking for or attraction to a person, thing, idea, etc.
- africanist — a person specializing in the study of African affairs or culture
11 letter words containing a, f, s, t
- afghanistan — a republic in central Asia: became independent in 1919; occupied by Soviet troops, 1979–89; controlled by mujaheddin forces from 1992 until 1996 when Taliban forces seized power; in the US-led 'war on terror' (2001) the Taliban were overthrown although their insurgency continues; generally arid and mountainous, with the Hindu Kush range rising over 7500 m (25 000 ft) and fertile valleys of the Amu Darya, Helmand, and Kabul Rivers. Official languages: Pashto and Dari (Persian), Tajik also widely spoken. Religion: Muslim. Currency: afghani. Capital: Kabul. Pop: 31 108 077 (2013 est). Area: 657 500 sq km (250 000 sq miles)
- afroasiatic — designating or of a family of African and Asian languages generally divided into the branches Berber, Cushitic, Semitic, Chadic, and ancient Egyptian
- after-hours — You use after-hours to describe activities which happen after the end of the usual time for them.
- afternoon's — the time from noon until evening.
- afterschool — for students and taking place after they finish their day in school, usually in the late afternoon: He’s looking for an afterschool job. Is there afterschool tutoring in math?
12 letter words containing a, f, s, t
- affectedness — assumed artificially; unnatural; feigned: affected sophistication; an affected British accent.
- afro-asiatic — a family of languages of SW Asia and N Africa, consisting of the Semitic, ancient Egyptian, Berber, Cushitic, and Chadic subfamilies
- afro-british — of or relating to British people of African descent
- afrocentrism — centered on Africa or on African-derived cultures, as those of Brazil, Cuba, and Haiti: Afrocentric art.
- after-school — After-school activities are those that are organized for children in the afternoon or evening after they have finished school.
13 letter words containing a, f, s, t
- affectionless — showing no affection or kindly disposition towards
- afforestation — Afforestation is the process of planting large numbers of trees on land which has few or no trees on it.
- alligatorfish — a slender marine fish, Aspidophoroides monopterygius, of Atlantic seas, having overlapping plates covering the body.
- anfractuosity — the condition or quality of being anfractuous
- anti-feminism — the doctrine advocating social, political, and all other rights of women equal to those of men.
14 letter words containing a, f, s, t
- absorbefacient — a medicine or other agent that promotes absorption
- africanthropus — a genus of hominids of eastern Africa, assumed from a number of now lost skull fragments to have been a form of archaic Homo : no longer in technical use.
- aftersensation — an afterimage.
- air-to-surface — launched from an aircraft and directed at a land target
- aircraftswoman — a woman holding a noncommissioned rank in the RAF.
15 letter words containing a, f, s, t
- anti-conformist — a person who conforms, especially unquestioningly, to the usual practices or standards of a group, society, etc.
- anti-federalism — U.S. History. a member or supporter of the Antifederal party.
- artificialness' — made by human skill; produced by humans (opposed to natural): artificial flowers.
- autotransformer — a transformer in which part of the winding is common to both primary and secondary circuits
- autotransfusion — a process in which a patient receives some of his or her own blood in a transfusion rather than a donor's blood
16 letter words containing a, f, s, t
- aminotransferase — transaminase.
- anti-federalists — U.S. History. a member or supporter of the Antifederal party.
- cause-and-effect — noting a relationship between actions or events such that one or more are the result of the other or others.
- configurationism — Gestalt psychology
- confrontationist — a person who confronts opposition, especially aggressively.
17 letter words containing a, f, s, t
- aircraft-observer — someone or something that observes.
- attorneys-in-fact — a person authorized by power of attorney to act on the authorizer's behalf outside a court of law.
- axis-of-ordinates — y-axis (def 1).
- bed-and-breakfast — an accommodation offered by an inn, hotel, or especially a private home, consisting of a room for the night and breakfast the next morning for one inclusive price.
- biotransformation — the metabolizing of some substance, esp. a drug, in the body
18 letter words containing a, f, s, t
- antiferromagnetism — the phenomenon exhibited by substances that resemble paramagnetic substances in the value of their relative permeability but that behave like ferromagnetic substances when their temperature is varied
- bats-in-the-belfry — a hairy Eurasian campanulaceous plant, Campanula trachelium, with bell-shaped blue-purple flowers
- biodiversification — the process by which the diversity of plants or animals develops or is increased within a particular region or group of organisms.
- cash-for-questions — of, involved in, or relating to a scandal in which some MPs were accused of accepting bribes to ask particular questions in Parliament
- disenfranchisement — to disfranchise.
19 letter words containing a, f, s, t
- anti-fundamentalism — (sometimes initial capital letter) a religious movement characterized by a strict belief in the literal interpretation of religious texts, especially within American Protestantism and Islam.
- anti-fundamentalist — (sometimes initial capital letter) a religious movement characterized by a strict belief in the literal interpretation of religious texts, especially within American Protestantism and Islam.
- countertransference — in psychotherapy, transference in which the psychoanalyst or other psychotherapist substitutes the client for the original object of his or her own repressed impulses
- cross-fertilization — fertilization by the fusion of male and female gametes from different individuals of the same species
- first-past-the-post — A first-past-the-post system for choosing members of parliament or other representatives is one in which the candidate who gets most votes wins.
20 letter words containing a, f, s, t
- hydrodesulfurization — desulfurization by catalytic agents of the sulfur-rich hydrocarbons obtained from petroleum or the like during cracking or hydrocracking.
21 letter words containing a, f, s, t
- lotus-of-the-true-law — a Mahayana sutra, forming with its references to Amida and the Bodhisattvas the basis for the doctrine that there is something of Buddha in everyone, so that salvation is universally available: a central text of Mahayana Buddhism.
- saint-maur-des-fosses — a town in N central France, near Paris, on the Marne River.
22 letter words containing a, f, s, t
- phenolsulfonephthalein — a bright to dark red crystalline compound, C 1 9 H 1 4 O 5 S, slightly soluble in water, alcohol, and acetone: used as an acid-base indicator and as a diagnostic reagent in medicine.
23 letter words containing a, f, s, t
- astronomical-refraction — Physics. the change of direction of a ray of light, sound, heat, or the like, in passing obliquely from one medium into another in which its wave velocity is different.
24 letter words containing a, f, s, t
- assembly-of-the-notables — a prominent, distinguished, or important person.
25 letter words containing a, f, s, t
- homothetic-transformation — Also called homothetic transformation. a mapping of a set by which each element in the set is mapped into a positive constant multiple of itself, the same constant being used for all elements.
27 letter words containing a, f, s, t
- little-lord-fauntleroy-suit — (italics) a children's novel (1886) by Frances H. Burnett.
On this page, we collect all words with A, F, S, T. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 7328 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains A, F, S, T that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.