Words containing a, d, o, l, e
6 letter words containing a, d, o, l, e
- albedo — the ratio of the intensity of light reflected from an object, such as a planet, to that of the light it receives from the sun
- aldose — a sugar that contains the aldehyde group or is a hemiacetal
- delano — a city in S California.
- doable — capable of being done.
- foaled — a young horse, mule, or related animal, especially one that is not yet one year of age.
7 letter words containing a, d, o, l, e
- age-old — An age-old story, tradition, or problem has existed for many generations or centuries.
- al-oued — El Oued.
- alamode — a soft light silk used for shawls and dresses, esp in the 19th century
- allowed — to let have; give as one's share; grant as one's right: to allow a person $100 for expenses.
- alloyed — a substance composed of two or more metals, or of a metal or metals with a nonmetal, intimately mixed, as by fusion or electrodeposition.
8 letter words containing a, d, o, l, e
- accolade — If someone is given an accolade, something is done or said about them which shows how much people admire them.
- adorable — If you say that someone or something is adorable, you are emphasizing that they are very attractive and you feel great affection for them.
- al-obeid — El Obeid
- aldolase — an enzyme present in the body that breaks down fructose into triose sugars
- aldoxime — an oxime formed by reaction between hydroxylamine and an aldehyde
9 letter words containing a, d, o, l, e
- accoladed — any award, honor, or laudatory notice: The play received accolades from the press.
- accolated — (of portraits on a coin, medal, or escutcheon) overlapping and facing in the same direction; conjoined.
- acetaldol — aldol (def 1).
- adenoidal — having the nasal tones or impaired breathing of one with enlarged adenoids
- adenology — the branch of medicine dealing with the development, structure, function, and diseases of glands.
10 letter words containing a, d, o, l, e
- absorbedly — deeply interested or involved; preoccupied: He had an absorbed look on his face.
- acidophile — Biology, Ecology. acidophilic.
- acotyledon — any plant, such as a fern or moss, that does not possess cotyledons
- adelantado — a military title given to Conquistadors allowing the bearer the right to become governor or justice of a region
- adolescent — Adolescent is used to describe young people who are no longer children but who have not yet become adults. It also refers to their behaviour.
11 letter words containing a, d, o, l, e
- abandonedly — in an unrestrained manner
- able-bodied — An able-bodied person is physically strong and healthy, rather than being weak or having a disability.
- accelerando — (to be performed) with increasing speed
- acknowledge — If you acknowledge a fact or a situation, you accept or admit that it is true or that it exists.
- adolescence — Adolescence is the period of your life in which you develop from being a child into being an adult.
12 letter words containing a, d, o, l, e
- accommodable — having the ability to be accommodated
- accomplished — If someone is accomplished at something, they are very good at it.
- achlamydeous — (of flowers such as the willow) having neither petals nor sepals
- acknowledged — recognized as being true or existing
- acknowledger — to admit to be real or true; recognize the existence, truth, or fact of: to acknowledge one's mistakes.
13 letter words containing a, d, o, l, e
- a-dolls-house — a play (1879) by Henrik Ibsen.
- accidentology — the study of the prevention of accidents
- acetazolamide — a drug which operates by blocking the production of hydrogen ions and hydrogen carbonate, used to treat various conditions including epilepsy and glaucoma
- adrenalectomy — the surgical removal of one or both adrenal glands
- adultolescent — a young adult or middle-aged person who has interests, traits, etc., that are usually associated with teenagers.
14 letter words containing a, d, o, l, e
- acknowledgedly — by general agreement, admittedly
- acknowledgment — An acknowledgment is a statement or action which recognizes that something exists or is true.
- acleistocardia — a failure of the foramen ovale of the heart to close.
- adrenocortical — relating to the adrenal cortex
- advantageously — providing an advantage; furnishing convenience or opportunity; favorable; profitable; useful; beneficial: an advantageous position; an advantageous treaty.
15 letter words containing a, d, o, l, e
- acknowledgeable — to admit to be real or true; recognize the existence, truth, or fact of: to acknowledge one's mistakes.
- acknowledgement — An acknowledgement is a statement or action which recognizes that something exists or is true.
- aerodynamically — the branch of mechanics that deals with the motion of air and other gases and with the effects of such motion on bodies in the medium. Compare aerostatics (def 1).
- alexandroupolis — a port in NE Greece, in W Thrace. Pop: 52 720 (2001 est)
- amaryllidaceous — of, relating to, or belonging to the Amaryllidaceae, a family of widely cultivated flowering plants having bulbs and including the amaryllis, snowdrop, narcissus, and daffodil
16 letter words containing a, d, o, l, e
- acetylandromedol — grayanotoxin.
- anti-development — the act or process of developing; growth; progress: child development; economic development.
- around-the-clock — all day and all night
- bidirectionality — capable of reacting or functioning in two, usually opposite, directions.
- biodegradability — capable of decaying through the action of living organisms: biodegradable paper; biodegradable detergent.
17 letter words containing a, d, o, l, e
- aminoglutethimide — a hormone antagonist, C 13 H 16 N 2 O 2 , used in the treatment of Cushing's syndrome and breast cancer.
- ashby-de-la-zouch — a town in central England, in Leicestershire: Mary, Queen of Scots, was imprisoned (1569) in the castle. Pop: 11 409 (2001)
- ashton-under-lyne — a town in NW England, in Tameside unitary authority, Greater Manchester. Pop: 43 236 (2001)
- betagalactosidase — any of a family of enzymes capable of liberating galactose from carbohydrates.
- bitter-almond-oil — Also called sweet almond oil, expressed almond oil. a colorless to pale yellow fatty oil expressed from the seeds of the sweet almond, used in preparing perfumes and confections.
18 letter words containing a, d, o, l, e
- agro-industrialize — to industrialize the agriculture of: to agro-industrialize a developing nation.
- battleground-state — a state of the U.S. in which the Democratic and Republican candidates both have a good chance of winning and that is considered key to the outcome of a presidential election: the swing states of Ohio and Indiana.
- controlled-release — A controlled-release drug or preparation is released into the body in specified amounts over a specified period of time.
- decompartmentalize — to remove excessive compartmentalization from (an organization)
- deinstitutionalize — to discharge (a patient) as from a mental institution
19 letter words containing a, d, o, l, e
- aldridge-brownhills — a town in central England, in Walsall unitary authority, West Midlands: formed by the amalgamation of neighbouring towns in 1966. Pop: 35 525 (2001)
- alice-in-wonderland — fantastic; irrational
- ambassador-at-large — an ambassador with special duties who may be sent to more than one government
- castelnuovo-tedesco — Mario [mah-ryaw] /ˈmɑ ryɔ/ (Show IPA), 1895–1968, U.S. composer, born in Italy.
- cathodoluminescence — luminescence caused by irradiation with electrons (cathode rays)
20 letter words containing a, d, o, l, e
21 letter words containing a, d, o, l, e
22 letter words containing a, d, o, l, e
- deinstitutionalization — to release (a person with mental or physical disabilities) from a hospital, asylum, home, or other institution with the intention of providing treatment, support, or rehabilitation primarily through community resources under the supervision of health-care professionals or facilities.
- dicyclopentadienyliron — ferrocene (def 1).
- dihydroxyphenylalanine — dopa.
23 letter words containing a, d, o, l, e
- alpes-de-haute-provence — a department of SE France in Provence-Alpes-Côte-d'Azur region. Capital: Digne. Pop: 144 508 (2003 est). Area: 6988 sq km (2725 sq miles)
- de-compartmentalization — to divide into categories or compartments.
- dichlorodifluoromethane — a colourless nonflammable gas easily liquefied by pressure: used as a propellant in aerosols and fire extinguishers and as a refrigerant. Formula: CCl2F2
24 letter words containing a, d, o, l, e
- diphenylaminechlorarsine — adamsite.
31 letter words containing a, d, o, l, e
32 letter words containing a, d, o, l, e
- democratic-republic-of-the-congo — People's Republic of the, a republic in central Africa, W of the Democratic Republic of the Congo: formerly an overseas territory in French Equatorial Africa; now an independent member of the French Community. 132,046 sq. mi. (341,999 sq. km). Capital: Brazzaville. Formerly French Congo, Middle Congo.
On this page, we collect all words with A, D, O, L, E. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 9423 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains A, D, O, L, E that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.