Words containing a, c, u, m, l
6 letter words containing a, c, u, m, l
- almuce — a fur-lined hood or cape formerly worn by members of certain religious orders, more recently by canons of France
- caelum — a small faint constellation in the S hemisphere close to Eridanus
- culham — a village in S central England, in Oxfordshire: site of the UK centre for thermonuclear reactor research and of the Joint European Torus (JET) programme
- lacmus — (archaic) Litmus.
- macula — a spot or blotch, especially on one's skin; macule.
7 letter words containing a, c, u, m, l
- acylium — (organic chemistry) Any acyl cation R-C+=O derived from a carboxylic acid.
- almuces — Plural form of almuce.
- asculum — an ancient town in Apulia, SE Italy: Pyrrhus defeated the Romans in 279 B.C.
- baculum — a bony support in the penis of certain mammals, esp the carnivores
- calamus — any tropical Asian palm of the genus Calamus, some species of which are a source of rattan and canes
8 letter words containing a, c, u, m, l
- aciculum — a bristlelike part; seta
- blackmun — Harry Andrew1908-99; associate justice, U.S. Supreme Court (1970-94)
- blackmur — R(ichard) P(almer) 1904–65, U.S. critic and poet.
- bulimiac — pertaining to, resembling, or affected by bulimia.
- caladium — any of various tropical plants of the aroid genus Caladium, which are widely cultivated as potted plants for their colourful variegated foliage
9 letter words containing a, c, u, m, l
- abcoulomb — the cgs unit of electric charge in the electromagnetic system; the charge per second passing any cross section of a conductor through which a steady current of 1 abampere is flowing: equivalent to 10 coulombs
- actualism — the doctrine that all reality is animate or in motion.
- ambulacra — Plural form of ambulacrum.
- ambulance — An ambulance is a vehicle for taking people to and from hospital.
- cacuminal — relating to or denoting a consonant articulated with the tip of the tongue turned back towards the hard palate
10 letter words containing a, c, u, m, l
- abcoulombs — Plural form of abcoulomb.
- accumulate — When you accumulate things or when they accumulate, they collect or are gathered over a period of time.
- acetabulum — the deep cuplike cavity on the side of the hipbone that receives the head of the thighbone
- almucantar — a circle on the celestial sphere parallel to the horizontal plane
- altocumuli — Plural form of altocumulus.
11 letter words containing a, c, u, m, l
- accumulated — to gather or collect, often in gradual degrees; heap up: to accumulate wealth.
- accumulates — Third-person singular simple present indicative form of accumulate.
- accumulatio — (rhetoric) A forceful summarisation of previously made points.
- accumulator — a rechargeable device for storing electrical energy in the form of chemical energy, consisting of one or more separate secondary cells
- acetabulums — Plural form of acetabulum.
12 letter words containing a, c, u, m, l
- accouplement — a timber joist or beam that serves as a tie or support
- accumulating — to gather or collect, often in gradual degrees; heap up: to accumulate wealth.
- accumulation — An accumulation of something is a large number of things which have been collected together or acquired over a period of time.
- accumulative — If something is accumulative, it becomes greater in amount, number, or intensity over a period of time.
- accumulators — Plural form of accumulator.
13 letter words containing a, c, u, m, l
- accumulations — Plural form of accumulation.
- acetabuliform — saucer-shaped, as the fruiting bodies of certain lichens.
- acrimoniously — caustic, stinging, or bitter in nature, speech, behavior, etc.: an acrimonious answer; an acrimonious dispute.
- alphanumerics — Plural form of alphanumeric.
- alumosilicate — (inorganic chemistry) The anion [AlSiO4]-1.
14 letter words containing a, c, u, m, l
- accumulatively — tending to accumulate or arising from accumulation; cumulative.
- alphanumerical — alphanumeric; characterized by having letters and numerals
- alumosilicates — Plural form of alumosilicate.
- autocollimator — an instrument combining the functions of a telescope and collimator, for detecting and measuring very small deviations in a beam of light.
- balsaminaceous — of, relating to, or belonging to the Balsaminaceae, a family of flowering plants, including balsam and touch-me-not, that have irregular flowers and explosive capsules
15 letter words containing a, c, u, m, l
- aluminosilicate — a silicate in which some of the silicon in the tetrahedral unit SiO4 has been replaced by aluminium
- amaryllidaceous — of, relating to, or belonging to the Amaryllidaceae, a family of widely cultivated flowering plants having bulbs and including the amaryllis, snowdrop, narcissus, and daffodil
- autocannibalism — The eating of part of one's own body.
- autocollimation — the process used in an autocollimator.
- bioaccumulation — the process in which industrial waste, toxic chemicals, etc. gradually accumulate in living tissue
16 letter words containing a, c, u, m, l
- accumulativeness — The state or qualities of being accumulative.
- alphanumerically — In an alphanumeric manner; using alphanumeric characters.
- aluminosilicates — Plural form of aluminosilicate.
- circumambulating — Present participle of circumambulate.
- circumambulation — The act of walking around something in a circle, especially for a ritual purpose.
17 letter words containing a, c, u, m, l
- acromioclavicular — (anatomy) Pertaining to both the acromion and the clavicle.
- biopharmaceutical — of or relating to drugs produced using biotechnology
- circumlocutionary — a roundabout or indirect way of speaking; the use of more words than necessary to express an idea.
- circumstantiality — the quality of being circumstantial
- circumterrestrial — surrounding or revolving about the earth.
18 letter words containing a, c, u, m, l
- circumnavigational — Relating to circumnavigation.
- counterculturalism — The counterculture movement or lifestyle.
- diaminofluorescein — (organic compound) A fluorescein into which two amino groups have been substituted.
- domremy-la-pucelle — a village in Lorraine, NE France, SW of Nancy: birthplace of Joan of Arc.
- ethnomusicological — Relating to or pertaining to ethnomusicology.
19 letter words containing a, c, u, m, l
- cathodoluminescence — luminescence caused by irradiation with electrons (cathode rays)
- chemolithoautotroph — (biology) A chemoautotroph or lithoautotroph.
- chlorofluoromethane — any of a series of gaseous or volatile methanes substituted with chlorine and fluorine and containing little or no hydrogen: used as refrigerants and, formerly, as aerosol propellants until scientists became concerned about depletion of the atmospheric ozone layer.
- cultural-relativism — a concept that cultural norms and values derive their meaning within a specific social context. Also called cultural relativism. Compare ethnocentrism (def 2).
- immunohistochemical — (biology) Of, pertaining to, or by means of immunohistochemistry, the use of immunological techniques to study the chemistry of tissues.
20 letter words containing a, c, u, m, l
- anti-intellectualism — a feeling of hostility and dislike towards intellectuals and intellectual activities
- chemolithoautotrophs — Plural form of chemolithoautotroph.
- chemotherapeutically — By means of chemotherapy.
- material-equivalence — the state or fact of being equivalent; equality in value, force, significance, etc.
- newcastle-under-lyme — a town in W central England, in Staffordshire. Pop: 74 427 (2001)
21 letter words containing a, c, u, m, l
- immunohistochemically — By means of or in regard to immunohistochemistry.
- mucopolysaccharidosis — Any of a group of metabolic disorders caused by the absence or malfunction of lysosomal enzymes needed to break down glycosaminoglycans.
- pneumoencephalography — encephalography.
- tetrabromofluorescein — eosin (def 1).
22 letter words containing a, c, u, m, l
- carboxymethylcellulose — a white, water-soluble polymer derived from cellulose, used as a coating and sizing for paper and textiles, a stabilizer for various foods, and an appetite suppressor.
- chlorotrifluoromethane — a colorless gas, CClF 3 , used chiefly as a refrigerant, in the hardening of metals, and in pharmaceutical processing.
- trichlorofluoromethane — chlorotrifluoromethane.
- trifluorochloromethane — chlorotrifluoromethane.
23 letter words containing a, c, u, m, l
- communist-international — an international organization (1919–43), founded in Moscow, uniting Communist groups of various countries and advocating the attainment of their ends by violent revolution. Also called Comintern, Communist International. Compare international (def 6).
- dichlorodifluoromethane — a colourless nonflammable gas easily liquefied by pressure: used as a propellant in aerosols and fire extinguishers and as a refrigerant. Formula: CCl2F2
- micropachycephalosaurus — A very small pachycephalosaurid, ornithischian dinosaur of the genus Micropachycephalosaurus.
25 letter words containing a, c, u, m, l
- marcus-valerius-martialis — (Marcus Valerius Martialis) a.d. 43?–104? Roman epigrammatist, born in Spain.
26 letter words containing a, c, u, m, l
- ethylmercurithiosalicylate — (organic compound) A salt or ester of ethylmercurithiosalicylic acid.
32 letter words containing a, c, u, m, l
- democratic-republic-of-the-congo — People's Republic of the, a republic in central Africa, W of the Democratic Republic of the Congo: formerly an overseas territory in French Equatorial Africa; now an independent member of the French Community. 132,046 sq. mi. (341,999 sq. km). Capital: Brazzaville. Formerly French Congo, Middle Congo.
45 letter words containing a, c, u, m, l
- pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis — an obscure term ostensibly referring to a lung disease caused by silica dust, sometimes cited as one of the longest words in the English language.
On this page, we collect all words with A, C, U, M, L. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 3413 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains A, C, U, M, L that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.