Words containing a, c, t, u, r
6 letter words containing a, c, t, u, r
7 letter words containing a, c, t, u, r
8 letter words containing a, c, t, u, r
- abductor — any muscle that abducts (opposed to adductor).
- accouter — to outfit; equip, esp. for military service
- accoutre — to provide with equipment or dress, esp military
- accurate — careful and exact
- accutron — a type of watch in which the balance wheel and hairspring are replaced by a tuning fork kept in vibration by a tiny internal battery
9 letter words containing a, c, t, u, r
- accoutred — equipped or dressed in a particular way
- actuarial — Actuarial means relating to the work of an actuary.
- actuarian — Insurance. a person who computes premium rates, dividends, risks, etc., according to probabilities based on statistical records.
- acusector — a needle for cutting tissue by means of a high-frequency electric current.
- agincourt — a battle fought in 1415 near the village of Azincourt, N France: a decisive victory for English longbowmen under Henry V over French forces vastly superior in number
10 letter words containing a, c, t, u, r
- accoutered — to equip or outfit, especially with military clothes, equipment, etc.
- accruement — the action of accruing
- accurately — free from error or defect; consistent with a standard, rule, or model; precise; exact.
- accusatory — An accusatory look, remark, or tone of voice suggests blame or criticism.
- acetonuria — ketonuria.
11 letter words containing a, c, t, u, r
- accentuator — Electronics. a circuit or network inserted to provide less loss or greater gain to certain frequencies in an audio spectrum, as a preemphasis spectrum.
- accordatura — the notes to which a stringed instrument is tuned.
- acculturate — (of a cultural or social group) to assimilate the cultural traits of another group
- acculturize — to cause (a nation, tribe, or other ethnic group) to adopt the culture of another people.
- accumulator — a rechargeable device for storing electrical energy in the form of chemical energy, consisting of one or more separate secondary cells
12 letter words containing a, c, t, u, r
- acciaccatura — a small grace note melodically adjacent to a principal note and played simultaneously with or immediately before it
- accouterment — an accoutering or being accoutered
- accoutrement — Accoutrements are all the things you have with you when you travel or when you take part in a particular activity.
- acculturated — Simple past tense and past participle of acculturate.
- accusatorial — containing or implying blame or strong criticism
13 letter words containing a, c, t, u, r
- accouterments — personal clothing, accessories, etc.
- accoutrements — all the things you have with you when you travel or take part in a particular activity, such as clothing and equipment
- acculturation — the process of conditioning a child to the patterns or customs of a culture
- acetabuliform — saucer-shaped, as the fruiting bodies of certain lichens.
- actinouranium — the isotope of uranium that has a mass number of 235
14 letter words containing a, c, t, u, r
- africanthropus — a genus of hominids of eastern Africa, assumed from a number of now lost skull fragments to have been a form of archaic Homo : no longer in technical use.
- agriculturally — the science, art, or occupation concerned with cultivating land, raising crops, and feeding, breeding, and raising livestock; farming.
- air-to-surface — launched from an aircraft and directed at a land target
- altruistically — unselfishly concerned for or devoted to the welfare of others (opposed to egoistic).
- amaranthaceous — of, relating to, or belonging to the Amaranthaceae (or Amarantaceae), a family of tropical and temperate herbaceous or shrubby flowering plants that includes the amaranths and cockscomb
15 letter words containing a, c, t, u, r
- acoustoelectric — electroacoustic.
- agranulocytosis — a serious and sometimes fatal illness characterized by a marked reduction of leucocytes, usually caused by hypersensitivity to certain drugs
- agriculturalist — An agriculturalist is someone who is an expert on agriculture and who advises farmers.
- anti-corruption — the act of corrupting or state of being corrupt.
- anti-productive — having the power of producing; generative; creative: a productive effort.
16 letter words containing a, c, t, u, r
- acculturationist — a person who studies the process of acculturation.
- aerotherapeutics — the treatment of disease by the use of air, esp. by exposing patients to changes in atmospheric pressure
- anti-consumerism — a modern movement for the protection of the consumer against useless, inferior, or dangerous products, misleading advertising, unfair pricing, etc.
- around-the-clock — all day and all night
- atrioventricular — of, relating to, or affecting both the atria and the ventricles of the heart
17 letter words containing a, c, t, u, r
- acoustoelectronic — denoting a device in which electronic signals are converted into acoustic waves, esp in delay lines, etc
- anti-bureaucratic — of, relating to, or characteristic of a bureaucrat or a bureaucracy; arbitrary and routine.
- aristolochiaceous — belonging to the Aristolochiaceae, the birthwort family of plants.
- australopithecine — any of various extinct apelike primates of the genus Australopithecus and related genera, remains of which have been discovered in southern and E Africa. Some species are estimated to be over 4.5 million years old
- bachelor's-button — any of various plants with round flower heads, especially the cornflower.
18 letter words containing a, c, t, u, r
- arachibutyrophobia — Fear of peanut butter sticking to the roof of one's mouth.
- bachelor's-buttons — any of various plants of the daisy family with button-like flower heads
- cash-for-questions — of, involved in, or relating to a scandal in which some MPs were accused of accepting bribes to ask particular questions in Parliament
- counter-adaptation — the act of adapting.
- counter-aggression — the action of a state in violating by force the rights of another state, particularly its territorial rights; an unprovoked offensive, attack, invasion, or the like: The army is prepared to stop any foreign aggression.
19 letter words containing a, c, t, u, r
- auriculoventricular — atrioventricular.
- chlorofluoromethane — any of a series of gaseous or volatile methanes substituted with chlorine and fluorine and containing little or no hydrogen: used as refrigerants and, formerly, as aerosol propellants until scientists became concerned about depletion of the atmospheric ozone layer.
- counter-advertising — the act or practice of calling public attention to one's product, service, need, etc., especially by paid announcements in newspapers and magazines, over radio or television, on billboards, etc.: to get more customers by advertising.
- counter-programming — to schedule (a broadcast on radio or television) to compete with one on another station.
- counter-reformation — the reform movement of the Roman Catholic Church in the 16th and early 17th centuries considered as a reaction to the Protestant Reformation
20 letter words containing a, c, t, u, r
21 letter words containing a, c, t, u, r
- counter-revolutionary — Counter-revolutionary activities are activities intended to reverse the effects of a previous revolution.
22 letter words containing a, c, t, u, r
- autoxidation-reduction — disproportionation.
- carboxymethylcellulose — a white, water-soluble polymer derived from cellulose, used as a coating and sizing for paper and textiles, a stabilizer for various foods, and an appetite suppressor.
- chlorotrifluoromethane — a colorless gas, CClF 3 , used chiefly as a refrigerant, in the hardening of metals, and in pharmaceutical processing.
23 letter words containing a, c, t, u, r
- alpes-de-haute-provence — a department of SE France in Provence-Alpes-Côte-d'Azur region. Capital: Digne. Pop: 144 508 (2003 est). Area: 6988 sq km (2725 sq miles)
- communist-international — an international organization (1919–43), founded in Moscow, uniting Communist groups of various countries and advocating the attainment of their ends by violent revolution. Also called Comintern, Communist International. Compare international (def 6).
- dichlorodifluoromethane — a colourless nonflammable gas easily liquefied by pressure: used as a propellant in aerosols and fire extinguishers and as a refrigerant. Formula: CCl2F2
24 letter words containing a, c, t, u, r
- ichthyophthirius-disease — ich.
32 letter words containing a, c, t, u, r
- democratic-republic-of-the-congo — People's Republic of the, a republic in central Africa, W of the Democratic Republic of the Congo: formerly an overseas territory in French Equatorial Africa; now an independent member of the French Community. 132,046 sq. mi. (341,999 sq. km). Capital: Brazzaville. Formerly French Congo, Middle Congo.
On this page, we collect all words with A, C, T, U, R. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 8547 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains A, C, T, U, R that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.