Words containing a, c, t, o, s
5 letter words containing a, c, t, o, s
6 letter words containing a, c, t, o, s
- accost — If someone accosts another person, especially a stranger, they stop them or go up to them and speak to them in a way that seems rude or threatening.
- castor — Castors are small wheels fitted to a piece of furniture so that it can be moved more easily.
- castro — Fidel (fɪˈdɛl; Spanish fiˈðɛl). full name Fidel Castro Ruz. 1927–2016, Cuban revolutionary and statesman: led the communist overthrow of the Batista dictatorship in 1959; prime minister (1959–76), president (1976–2008)
- coates — Joseph Gordon. 1878–1943, New Zealand statesman; prime minister of New Zealand (1925–28)
- comsat — any of various communications satellites for relaying microwave transmissions, as of telephone and television signals
7 letter words containing a, c, t, o, s
- accosts — to confront boldly: The beggar accosted me for money.
- acetous — containing, producing, or resembling acetic acid or vinegar
- actions — an independent agency created in 1971 to administer domestic volunteer programs.
- atomics — the scientific study of atoms
- cahoots — partnership; league (esp in the phrases go in cahoots with, go cahoot)
8 letter words containing a, c, t, o, s
- accosted — (of animals) represented as side by side: two dolphins accosted.
- accustom — If you accustom yourself or another person to something, you make yourself or them become used to it.
- acoustic — An acoustic guitar or other instrument is one whose sound is produced without any electrical equipment.
- acrostic — a number of lines of writing, such as a poem, certain letters of which form a word, proverb, etc. A single acrostic is formed by the initial letters of the lines, a double acrostic by the initial and final letters, and a triple acrostic by the initial, middle, and final letters
- acrotism — an absence of pulse
9 letter words containing a, c, t, o, s
10 letter words containing a, c, t, o, s
- acanthosis — (medicine) A benign abnormal thickening of the stratum spinosum, or prickle cell, layer of the epidermis.(First attested in the late 19th century.).
- accusation — If you make an accusation against someone, you criticize them or express the belief that they have done something wrong.
- accusatory — An accusatory look, remark, or tone of voice suggests blame or criticism.
- accustomed — If you are accustomed to something, you know it so well or have experienced it so often that it seems natural, unsurprising, or easy to deal with.
- acquisitor — a person who has a tendency to acquire (information or ideas), or a desire to possess
11 letter words containing a, c, t, o, s
- absorptance — a measure of the ability of an object to absorb radiation, equal to the ratio of the absorbed radiant flux to the incident flux. For a layer of material the ratio of the flux absorbed between the entry and exit surfaces of the layer to the flux leaving the entry surface is the internal absorptance
- abstraction — An abstraction is a general idea rather than one relating to a particular object, person, or situation.
- abstriction — the separation and release of a mature spore from a sporophore by the formation of a septum. This process occurs in some fungi
- acclivitous — an upward slope, as of ground; an ascent (opposed to declivity).
- accompanist — An accompanist is a musician, especially a pianist, who plays one part of a piece of music while someone else sings or plays the main tune.
12 letter words containing a, c, t, o, s
- absolutistic — relating to absolutism or absolutists
- acanthaceous — of or relating to the Acanthaceae, a mainly tropical and subtropical family of flowering plants that includes the acanthus
- accompanyist — accompanist.
- accordionist — a person who plays the accordion, especially with skill.
- accusatorial — containing or implying blame or strong criticism
13 letter words containing a, c, t, o, s
- accommodators — a person or thing that accommodates.
- accouterments — personal clothing, accessories, etc.
- accoutrements — all the things you have with you when you travel or take part in a particular activity, such as clothing and equipment
- achromatopsia — a visual disorder defined by deficient or absent function in the retinal cones, resulting in colour blindness and in decreased vision in bright lights
- acoustooptics — the branch of physics dealing with the relationships between acoustics and light
14 letter words containing a, c, t, o, s
- absorbefacient — a medicine or other agent that promotes absorption
- abstractionism — the theory and practice of the abstract, esp of abstract art
- abstractionist — a person who produces abstract works of art.
- acanthocytosis — a condition characterized by large numbers of acanthocytes in the blood.
- accommodations — Accommodations are hotels or rooms where people can stay for a period of time.
15 letter words containing a, c, t, o, s
- accelerationist — a person, especially an economist, who advocates or promotes the acceleration principle.
- accessorization — to fit or equip with accessories: to accessorize a car with special seat covers.
- acousticophobia — Fear of noise.
- acoustoelectric — electroacoustic.
- actinochemistry — the branch of chemistry dealing with actinism; photochemistry.
16 letter words containing a, c, t, o, s
- abdominocentesis — (surgery) Extraction of peritoneal fluid from the abdomen for evaluation, using a trocar.
- accommodationist — a person who seeks to promote adaptation to or compromise with an opposing point of view
- accountabilities — the state of being accountable, liable, or answerable.
- acculturationist — a person who studies the process of acculturation.
- acroparaesthesia — a persistent sensation of numbness and tingling in the hands and feet
17 letter words containing a, c, t, o, s
- acoustoelectronic — denoting a device in which electronic signals are converted into acoustic waves, esp in delay lines, etc
- aircraft-observer — someone or something that observes.
- anglo-catholicism — the tradition or form of worship in the Anglican Church that emphasizes Catholicity, the apostolic succession, and the continuity of all churches within the communion with pre-Reformation Christianity as well as the importance of liturgy and ritual.
- anthracosilicosis — a form of pneumoconiosis occurring in miners, caused by the inhalation of coal and siliceous particles.
- anti-conservatism — the disposition to preserve or restore what is established and traditional and to limit change.
18 letter words containing a, c, t, o, s
- aerothermodynamics — the study of the exchange of heat between solids and gases, esp of the heating effect on aircraft flying through the air at very high speeds
- anti-commercialism — the principles, practices, and spirit of commerce.
- anti-miscegenation — marriage or cohabitation between two people from different racial groups, especially, in the U.S., between a black person and a white person: In 1968 the Supreme Court ruled unanimously that state laws prohibiting miscegenation were unconstitutional.
- anti-scholasticism — (sometimes initial capital letter) the system of theological and philosophical teaching predominant in the Middle Ages, based chiefly upon the authority of the church fathers and of Aristotle and his commentators.
- anticholinesterase — any of a group of substances that inhibit the action of cholinesterase
19 letter words containing a, c, t, o, s
- anarcho-syndicalist — syndicalism.
- anti-vivisectionist — a person who opposes vivisection.
- ballistocardiograph — an instrument that records the slight recoil of the body, while on a special bed, caused by the contractions of the heart: used to measure cardiac pumping power and the elasticity of the aorta
- cape-disappointment — Cape, a cape in SW Washington state, projecting into the Pacific Ocean on the N of the mouth of the Columbia River.
- castelnuovo-tedesco — Mario [mah-ryaw] /ˈmɑ ryɔ/ (Show IPA), 1895–1968, U.S. composer, born in Italy.
20 letter words containing a, c, t, o, s
- acetylcholinesterase — an enzyme in nerve cells that is responsible for the destruction of acetylcholine and thus for switching off excitation of the nerve
- adrenocorticosteroid — corticosteroid
- congressman-at-large — (in the US) a member of the House of Representatives who was elected by the voters of an entire state as opposed to the voters of a single Congressional district
21 letter words containing a, c, t, o, s
- atmospheric-inversion — an act or instance of inverting.
22 letter words containing a, c, t, o, s
- carboxymethylcellulose — a white, water-soluble polymer derived from cellulose, used as a coating and sizing for paper and textiles, a stabilizer for various foods, and an appetite suppressor.
- centimeter-gram-second — designating or of a system of measurement in which the centimeter, gram, and second are the units of length, mass, and time, respectively
- chemical-sympathectomy — sympathectomy (def 2).
23 letter words containing a, c, t, o, s
- alpes-de-haute-provence — a department of SE France in Provence-Alpes-Côte-d'Azur region. Capital: Digne. Pop: 144 508 (2003 est). Area: 6988 sq km (2725 sq miles)
- astronomical-refraction — Physics. the change of direction of a ray of light, sound, heat, or the like, in passing obliquely from one medium into another in which its wave velocity is different.
- communist-international — an international organization (1919–43), founded in Moscow, uniting Communist groups of various countries and advocating the attainment of their ends by violent revolution. Also called Comintern, Communist International. Compare international (def 6).
26 letter words containing a, c, t, o, s
- compassionate-conservatism — a political conservative who is motivated by concern for the needy but supports policies based on personal responsibility and limited government: George W. Bush ran for president as a compassionate conservative.
On this page, we collect all words with A, C, T, O, S. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 13191 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains A, C, T, O, S that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.