Words containing a, c, o, u, s
6 letter words containing a, c, o, u, s
- basuco — a highly addictive drug consisting of low-grade cocaine mixed with coca paste and other substances, often cannabis
- caruso — Enrico (enˈriːko). 1873–1921, an outstanding Italian operatic tenor; one of the first to make gramophone records
- cosatu — Congress of South Africa Trade Unions
- mucosa — mucous membrane.
7 letter words containing a, c, o, u, s
8 letter words containing a, c, o, u, s
- acarpous — (of plants) producing no fruit
- accustom — If you accustom yourself or another person to something, you make yourself or them become used to it.
- achelous — a river god who changed into a snake and a bull while fighting Hercules but was defeated when Hercules broke off one of his horns
- acoelous — not having a true digestive tract
- acoustic — An acoustic guitar or other instrument is one whose sound is produced without any electrical equipment.
9 letter words containing a, c, o, u, s
10 letter words containing a, c, o, u, s
- acarpelous — without carpels
- accusation — If you make an accusation against someone, you criticize them or express the belief that they have done something wrong.
- accusatory — An accusatory look, remark, or tone of voice suggests blame or criticism.
- accustomed — If you are accustomed to something, you know it so well or have experienced it so often that it seems natural, unsurprising, or easy to deal with.
- acephalous — having no head or one that is reduced and indistinct, as certain insect larvae
11 letter words containing a, c, o, u, s
- acarpellous — (of flowers) having no carpels
- accessorius — a muscle or nerve that has an augmenting action
- acclivitous — an upward slope, as of ground; an ascent (opposed to declivity).
- accoucheuse — a female obstetrician or midwife
- accountings — the theory and system of setting up, maintaining, and auditing the books of a firm; art of analyzing the financial position and operating results of a business house from a study of its sales, purchases, overhead, etc. (distinguished from bookkeeping).
12 letter words containing a, c, o, u, s
- absolutistic — relating to absolutism or absolutists
- acanthaceous — of or relating to the Acanthaceae, a mainly tropical and subtropical family of flowering plants that includes the acanthus
- accusatorial — containing or implying blame or strong criticism
- achlamydeous — (of flowers such as the willow) having neither petals nor sepals
- acoustically — with reference to acoustics; from the standpoint of acoustics
13 letter words containing a, c, o, u, s
- accouterments — personal clothing, accessories, etc.
- accoutrements — all the things you have with you when you travel or take part in a particular activity, such as clothing and equipment
- acoustooptics — the branch of physics dealing with the relationships between acoustics and light
- acquisitional — relating to the act of acquisition
- acrimoniously — caustic, stinging, or bitter in nature, speech, behavior, etc.: an acrimonious answer; an acrimonious dispute.
14 letter words containing a, c, o, u, s
- actinobacillus — a bacillus causing disease in animals
- africanthropus — a genus of hominids of eastern Africa, assumed from a number of now lost skull fragments to have been a form of archaic Homo : no longer in technical use.
- air-to-surface — launched from an aircraft and directed at a land target
- amaranthaceous — of, relating to, or belonging to the Amaranthaceae (or Amarantaceae), a family of tropical and temperate herbaceous or shrubby flowering plants that includes the amaranths and cockscomb
- anacardiaceous — of, relating to, or belonging to the Anacardiaceae, a chiefly tropical family of trees and shrubs many of which have edible drupes. The family includes the cashew, mango, pistachio, and sumach
15 letter words containing a, c, o, u, s
- achlorophyllous — containing no chlorophyll.
- acousticophobia — Fear of noise.
- acoustoelectric — electroacoustic.
- aegyptopithecus — a genus of extinct anthropoid ape of the Oligocene Period known from remains found in Egypt.
- agranulocytosis — a serious and sometimes fatal illness characterized by a marked reduction of leucocytes, usually caused by hypersensitivity to certain drugs
16 letter words containing a, c, o, u, s
- accountabilities — the state of being accountable, liable, or answerable.
- acculturationist — a person who studies the process of acculturation.
- aerotherapeutics — the treatment of disease by the use of air, esp. by exposing patients to changes in atmospheric pressure
- anti-consumerism — a modern movement for the protection of the consumer against useless, inferior, or dangerous products, misleading advertising, unfair pricing, etc.
- australopithecus — an extinct genus of small-brained,large-toothed bipedal hominids that lived in Africa between one and four million years ago.
17 letter words containing a, c, o, u, s
- acoustoelectronic — denoting a device in which electronic signals are converted into acoustic waves, esp in delay lines, etc
- aristolochiaceous — belonging to the Aristolochiaceae, the birthwort family of plants.
- ashby-de-la-zouch — a town in central England, in Leicestershire: Mary, Queen of Scots, was imprisoned (1569) in the castle. Pop: 11 409 (2001)
- australopithecine — any of various extinct apelike primates of the genus Australopithecus and related genera, remains of which have been discovered in southern and E Africa. Some species are estimated to be over 4.5 million years old
- bachelor's-button — any of various plants with round flower heads, especially the cornflower.
18 letter words containing a, c, o, u, s
- bachelor's-buttons — any of various plants of the daisy family with button-like flower heads
- california-fuchsia — a plant belonging to the genus Fuchsia, of the evening primrose family, including many varieties cultivated for their handsome drooping flowers.
- cash-for-questions — of, involved in, or relating to a scandal in which some MPs were accused of accepting bribes to ask particular questions in Parliament
- counter-aggression — the action of a state in violating by force the rights of another state, particularly its territorial rights; an unprovoked offensive, attack, invasion, or the like: The army is prepared to stop any foreign aggression.
- counterculturalist — the culture and lifestyle of those people, especially among the young, who reject or oppose the dominant values and behavior of society.
19 letter words containing a, c, o, u, s
- castelnuovo-tedesco — Mario [mah-ryaw] /ˈmɑ ryɔ/ (Show IPA), 1895–1968, U.S. composer, born in Italy.
- cathodoluminescence — luminescence caused by irradiation with electrons (cathode rays)
- counter-advertising — the act or practice of calling public attention to one's product, service, need, etc., especially by paid announcements in newspapers and magazines, over radio or television, on billboards, etc.: to get more customers by advertising.
- countertransference — in psychotherapy, transference in which the psychoanalyst or other psychotherapist substitutes the client for the original object of his or her own repressed impulses
- country-and-western — country music.
20 letter words containing a, c, o, u, s
21 letter words containing a, c, o, u, s
- consciousness-raising — Psychology. a group-therapy technique in which the aim is to enhance the participants' awareness of their particular needs and goals as individuals or as a group.
- ecological-succession — the coming of one person or thing after another in order, sequence, or in the course of events: many troubles in succession.
- mucopolysaccharidosis — Any of a group of metabolic disorders caused by the absence or malfunction of lysosomal enzymes needed to break down glycosaminoglycans.
22 letter words containing a, c, o, u, s
- carboxymethylcellulose — a white, water-soluble polymer derived from cellulose, used as a coating and sizing for paper and textiles, a stabilizer for various foods, and an appetite suppressor.
23 letter words containing a, c, o, u, s
- alpes-de-haute-provence — a department of SE France in Provence-Alpes-Côte-d'Azur region. Capital: Digne. Pop: 144 508 (2003 est). Area: 6988 sq km (2725 sq miles)
- communist-international — an international organization (1919–43), founded in Moscow, uniting Communist groups of various countries and advocating the attainment of their ends by violent revolution. Also called Comintern, Communist International. Compare international (def 6).
- consciousness-expanding — mind-expanding.
24 letter words containing a, c, o, u, s
On this page, we collect all words with A, C, O, U, S. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 6587 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains A, C, O, U, S that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.