Words containing a, c, o, u
6 letter words containing a, c, o, u
- acajou — a type of mahogany used by cabinet-makers in France
- avouch — to vouch for; guarantee
- basuco — a highly addictive drug consisting of low-grade cocaine mixed with coca paste and other substances, often cannabis
- cachou — a lozenge eaten to sweeten the breath
- caruso — Enrico (enˈriːko). 1873–1921, an outstanding Italian operatic tenor; one of the first to make gramophone records
7 letter words containing a, c, o, u
- account — If you have an account with a bank or a similar organization, you have an arrangement to leave your money there and take some out when you need it.
- acerous — having no antennae.
- acetous — containing, producing, or resembling acetic acid or vinegar
- acinous — consisting of acini.
- acouasm — a nonverbal auditory hallucination, as a ringing or hissing.
8 letter words containing a, c, o, u
- abductor — any muscle that abducts (opposed to adductor).
- acapulco — a port and resort in SW Mexico, in Guerrero state. Pop: 761 000 (2005 est)
- acarpous — (of plants) producing no fruit
- accouter — to outfit; equip, esp. for military service
- accoutre — to provide with equipment or dress, esp military
9 letter words containing a, c, o, u
- abcoulomb — the cgs unit of electric charge in the electromagnetic system; the charge per second passing any cross section of a conductor through which a steady current of 1 abampere is flowing: equivalent to 10 coulombs
- abduction — the act of taking someone away by force or cunning; kidnapping
- acanthous — spinous.
- accounted — an oral or written description of particular events or situations; narrative: an account of the meetings; an account of the trip.
- accoutred — equipped or dressed in a particular way
10 letter words containing a, c, o, u
- abjunction — the act of cutting off part of a mycelium or spore by forming a septum
- about-face — An about-face is a complete change of attitude or opinion.
- acarpelous — without carpels
- accoucheur — a male obstetrician or midwife
- accountant — An accountant is a person whose job is to keep financial accounts.
11 letter words containing a, c, o, u
- acarpellous — (of flowers) having no carpels
- accentuator — Electronics. a circuit or network inserted to provide less loss or greater gain to certain frequencies in an audio spectrum, as a preemphasis spectrum.
- accessorius — a muscle or nerve that has an augmenting action
- acclivitous — an upward slope, as of ground; an ascent (opposed to declivity).
- accordatura — the notes to which a stringed instrument is tuned.
12 letter words containing a, c, o, u
- absolutistic — relating to absolutism or absolutists
- acanthaceous — of or relating to the Acanthaceae, a mainly tropical and subtropical family of flowering plants that includes the acanthus
- accentuation — an act or instance of accentuating.
- accouchement — childbirth or the period of confinement
- accouplement — a timber joist or beam that serves as a tie or support
13 letter words containing a, c, o, u
- accouterments — personal clothing, accessories, etc.
- accoutrements — all the things you have with you when you travel or take part in a particular activity, such as clothing and equipment
- acculturation — the process of conditioning a child to the patterns or customs of a culture
- acetabuliform — saucer-shaped, as the fruiting bodies of certain lichens.
- acoustooptics — the branch of physics dealing with the relationships between acoustics and light
14 letter words containing a, c, o, u
- accountability — the state of being accountable, liable, or answerable.
- actinobacillus — a bacillus causing disease in animals
- africanthropus — a genus of hominids of eastern Africa, assumed from a number of now lost skull fragments to have been a form of archaic Homo : no longer in technical use.
- air-to-surface — launched from an aircraft and directed at a land target
- amaranthaceous — of, relating to, or belonging to the Amaranthaceae (or Amarantaceae), a family of tropical and temperate herbaceous or shrubby flowering plants that includes the amaranths and cockscomb
15 letter words containing a, c, o, u
- achlorophyllous — containing no chlorophyll.
- acousticophobia — Fear of noise.
- acoustoelectric — electroacoustic.
- aegyptopithecus — a genus of extinct anthropoid ape of the Oligocene Period known from remains found in Egypt.
- agranulocytosis — a serious and sometimes fatal illness characterized by a marked reduction of leucocytes, usually caused by hypersensitivity to certain drugs
16 letter words containing a, c, o, u
- accountabilities — the state of being accountable, liable, or answerable.
- acculturationist — a person who studies the process of acculturation.
- aerotherapeutics — the treatment of disease by the use of air, esp. by exposing patients to changes in atmospheric pressure
- anti-consumerism — a modern movement for the protection of the consumer against useless, inferior, or dangerous products, misleading advertising, unfair pricing, etc.
- around-the-clock — all day and all night
17 letter words containing a, c, o, u
- acoustoelectronic — denoting a device in which electronic signals are converted into acoustic waves, esp in delay lines, etc
- acromioclavicular — (anatomy) Pertaining to both the acromion and the clavicle.
- aristolochiaceous — belonging to the Aristolochiaceae, the birthwort family of plants.
- ashby-de-la-zouch — a town in central England, in Leicestershire: Mary, Queen of Scots, was imprisoned (1569) in the castle. Pop: 11 409 (2001)
- australopithecine — any of various extinct apelike primates of the genus Australopithecus and related genera, remains of which have been discovered in southern and E Africa. Some species are estimated to be over 4.5 million years old
18 letter words containing a, c, o, u
- arachibutyrophobia — Fear of peanut butter sticking to the roof of one's mouth.
- bachelor's-buttons — any of various plants of the daisy family with button-like flower heads
- california-fuchsia — a plant belonging to the genus Fuchsia, of the evening primrose family, including many varieties cultivated for their handsome drooping flowers.
- cash-for-questions — of, involved in, or relating to a scandal in which some MPs were accused of accepting bribes to ask particular questions in Parliament
- chlorofluorocarbon — Chlorofluorocarbons are the same as CFCs.
19 letter words containing a, c, o, u
- auriculoventricular — atrioventricular.
- castelnuovo-tedesco — Mario [mah-ryaw] /ˈmɑ ryɔ/ (Show IPA), 1895–1968, U.S. composer, born in Italy.
- cathodoluminescence — luminescence caused by irradiation with electrons (cathode rays)
- chlorofluoromethane — any of a series of gaseous or volatile methanes substituted with chlorine and fluorine and containing little or no hydrogen: used as refrigerants and, formerly, as aerosol propellants until scientists became concerned about depletion of the atmospheric ozone layer.
20 letter words containing a, c, o, u
- boulogne-billancourt — an industrial suburb of SW Paris. Pop: 106 367 (1999)
21 letter words containing a, c, o, u
- consciousness-raising — Psychology. a group-therapy technique in which the aim is to enhance the participants' awareness of their particular needs and goals as individuals or as a group.
22 letter words containing a, c, o, u
- autoxidation-reduction — disproportionation.
- carboxymethylcellulose — a white, water-soluble polymer derived from cellulose, used as a coating and sizing for paper and textiles, a stabilizer for various foods, and an appetite suppressor.
- chlorotrifluoromethane — a colorless gas, CClF 3 , used chiefly as a refrigerant, in the hardening of metals, and in pharmaceutical processing.
23 letter words containing a, c, o, u
- alpes-de-haute-provence — a department of SE France in Provence-Alpes-Côte-d'Azur region. Capital: Digne. Pop: 144 508 (2003 est). Area: 6988 sq km (2725 sq miles)
- communist-international — an international organization (1919–43), founded in Moscow, uniting Communist groups of various countries and advocating the attainment of their ends by violent revolution. Also called Comintern, Communist International. Compare international (def 6).
- consciousness-expanding — mind-expanding.
On this page, we collect all words with A, C, O, U. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 11660 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains A, C, O, U that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.