Words containing a, c, o, r
4 letter words containing a, c, o, r
- arco — a musical direction for instruments of the violin family indicating that the bow should be used (as opposed to plucking)
5 letter words containing a, c, o, r
- acorn — An acorn is a pale oval nut that is the fruit of an oak tree.
- acro- — denoting something at a height, summit, top, tip, beginning, or end
- acron — the unsegmented, preoral portion of the body of an arthropod.
- actor — An actor is someone whose job is acting in plays or films. 'Actor' in the singular usually refers to a man, but some women who act prefer to be called 'actors' rather than 'actresses'.
- alcor — (language) A subset of ALGOL.
6 letter words containing a, c, o, r
- accord — An accord between countries or groups of people is a formal agreement, for example to end a war.
- across — If someone or something goes across a place or a boundary, they go from one side of it to the other.
- anchor — An anchor is a heavy hooked object that is dropped from a boat into the water at the end of a chain in order to make the boat stay in one place.
- aortic — the main trunk of the arterial system, conveying blood from the left ventricle of the heart to all of the body except the lungs.
- arcaro — Edward ("Eddie") 1916–97, U.S. jockey.
7 letter words containing a, c, o, r
- aaronic — of or relating to Aaron, his family, or the priestly dynasty initiated by him
- abroach — (of a cask, barrel, etc) tapped; broached
- acaroid — resembling a mite or tick
- accardo — Salvatore. born 1941, Italian violinist and conductor
- acerola — a small tree or shrub, Malpighia glabra, that grows in the rainforests of N South America, Central America, and Jamaica
8 letter words containing a, c, o, r
- abductor — any muscle that abducts (opposed to adductor).
- acarbose — a type of diabetes medicine taken orally to slow and reduce the supply of glucose to the blood.
- acarpous — (of plants) producing no fruit
- accentor — any small sparrow-like songbird of the genus Prunella, family Prunellidae, which inhabit mainly mountainous regions of Europe and Asia
- acceptor — the person or organization on which a draft or bill of exchange is drawn after liability has been accepted, usually by signature
9 letter words containing a, c, o, r
- aaronical — Aaronic.
- abdicator — to renounce or relinquish a throne, right, power, claim, responsibility, or the like, especially in a formal manner: The aging founder of the firm decided to abdicate.
- absconder — to depart in a sudden and secret manner, especially to avoid capture and legal prosecution: The cashier absconded with the money.
- acarology — the study of mites and ticks
- accessory — Accessories are items of equipment that are not usually essential, but which can be used with or added to something else in order to make it more efficient, useful, or decorative.
10 letter words containing a, c, o, r
- abhorrence — Someone's abhorrence of something is their strong hatred of it.
- abnormalcy — abnormality.
- aborticide — the killing of an unborn fetus
- abreaction — the release and expression of emotional tension associated with repressed ideas by bringing those ideas into consciousness
- absorbance — a measure of the light-absorbing ability of an object, expressed as the logarithm to base 10 of the reciprocal of the internal transmittance
11 letter words containing a, c, o, r
- abercrombie — Sir (Leslie) Patrick. 1879–1957, British town planner and architect, best known for The County of London Plan (1943) and The Greater London Plan (1944)
- absorptance — a measure of the ability of an object to absorb radiation, equal to the ratio of the absorbed radiant flux to the incident flux. For a layer of material the ratio of the flux absorbed between the entry and exit surfaces of the layer to the flux leaving the entry surface is the internal absorptance
- abstraction — An abstraction is a general idea rather than one relating to a particular object, person, or situation.
- abstriction — the separation and release of a mature spore from a sporophore by the formation of a septum. This process occurs in some fungi
- acarophobia — a pathological belief that the skin is infested with mites or insects, often leading to self-mutilation in order to eliminate the infestation.
12 letter words containing a, c, o, r
- acceleration — The acceleration of a process or change is the fact that it is getting faster and faster.
- accelerogram — a graphic record in chart form, produced by an accelerograph in response to seismic ground motions.
- accommodator — a person or thing that accommodates
- accomplisher — to bring to its goal or conclusion; carry out; perform; finish: to accomplish one's mission.
- accordionist — a person who plays the accordion, especially with skill.
13 letter words containing a, c, o, r
- abortifacient — causing abortion
- accelerograph — an accelerometer containing a pendulum device for measuring and recording ground motions produced by earthquakes.
- accelerometer — an instrument for measuring acceleration, esp of an aircraft or rocket
- accessorizing — to fit or equip with accessories: to accessorize a car with special seat covers.
- accommodators — a person or thing that accommodates.
14 letter words containing a, c, o, r
- absorbefacient — a medicine or other agent that promotes absorption
- abstractionism — the theory and practice of the abstract, esp of abstract art
- abstractionist — a person who produces abstract works of art.
- accident-prone — tending to have more accidents or mishaps than the average person.
- accordion-fold — to fold into pleats resembling the bellows of an accordion: to make a fan by accordion-folding a sheet of paper.
15 letter words containing a, c, o, r
- accelerationist — a person, especially an economist, who advocates or promotes the acceleration principle.
- accessorization — to fit or equip with accessories: to accessorize a car with special seat covers.
- achlorophyllous — containing no chlorophyll.
- achromatophilia — the property of having little or no affinity for stains.
- acoustoelectric — electroacoustic.
16 letter words containing a, c, o, r
- acanthopterygian — of, relating to, or belonging to the Acanthopterygii, a large group of teleost fishes having spiny fin rays. The group includes most saltwater bony fishes
- acculturationist — a person who studies the process of acculturation.
- acetylandromedol — grayanotoxin.
- acroparaesthesia — a persistent sensation of numbness and tingling in the hands and feet
- across-the-board — applying to all employees, members, groups, or categories; general: The across-the-board pay increase means a raise for all employees.
17 letter words containing a, c, o, r
- acoustoelectronic — denoting a device in which electronic signals are converted into acoustic waves, esp in delay lines, etc
- acromioclavicular — (anatomy) Pertaining to both the acromion and the clavicle.
- aerobic-exercises — Also called aerobic exercises. (used with a plural verb) any of various sustained exercises, as jogging, rowing, swimming, or cycling, that stimulate and strengthen the heart and lungs, thereby improving the body's utilization of oxygen.
- aircraft-observer — someone or something that observes.
- angiocardiography — the making of X-ray pictures of the heart and its blood vessels after injecting a radiopaque substance
18 letter words containing a, c, o, r
- aerothermodynamics — the study of the exchange of heat between solids and gases, esp of the heating effect on aircraft flying through the air at very high speeds
- anthropocentricity — the state or quality of being anthropocentric.
- anti-commercialism — the principles, practices, and spirit of commerce.
- anticholinesterase — any of a group of substances that inhibit the action of cholinesterase
- arachibutyrophobia — Fear of peanut butter sticking to the roof of one's mouth.
19 letter words containing a, c, o, r
20 letter words containing a, c, o, r
21 letter words containing a, c, o, r
22 letter words containing a, c, o, r
- autoxidation-reduction — disproportionation.
23 letter words containing a, c, o, r
- alpes-de-haute-provence — a department of SE France in Provence-Alpes-Côte-d'Azur region. Capital: Digne. Pop: 144 508 (2003 est). Area: 6988 sq km (2725 sq miles)
- astronomical-refraction — Physics. the change of direction of a ray of light, sound, heat, or the like, in passing obliquely from one medium into another in which its wave velocity is different.
On this page, we collect all words with A, C, O, R. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 25584 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains A, C, O, R that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.