Words containing a, c, n, t
5 letter words containing a, c, n, t
- actin — a protein that participates in many kinds of cell movement, including muscle contraction, during which it interacts with filaments of a second protein, myosin
- acton — a jacket or jerkin, originally of quilted cotton, worn under a coat of mail
- antic — an actor in a ludicrous or grotesque part; clown; buffoon
6 letter words containing a, c, n, t
- accent — Someone who speaks with a particular accent pronounces the words of a language in a distinctive way that shows which country, region, or social class they come from.
- acetin — any of three types of liquid acetate, formed from glycerol and acetic acid, chiefly used in explosives and solvents
- ackton — a quilted garment worn under mail in the 13th and 14th centuries; gambeson.
- actant — (in valency grammar) a noun phrase functioning as the agent of the main verb of a sentence
- actin- — actino-
7 letter words containing a, c, n, t
- acantha — a pointed, projecting structure, such as a thorn or prickle
- account — If you have an account with a bank or a similar organization, you have an arrangement to leave your money there and take some out when you need it.
- acetoin — a yellowish, pleasant-smelling liquid, C 4 H 8 O 2 , obtained from various carbohydrates, as glucose, by fermentation: used chiefly in the manufacture of flavors and essences.
- acetone — Acetone is a type of solvent.
- aconite — any of various N temperate plants of the ranunculaceous genus Aconitum, such as monkshood and wolfsbane, many of which are poisonous
8 letter words containing a, c, n, t
- abdicant — a person who abdicates
- abducent — (of a muscle) abducting
- acantho- — indicating a spine or thorn
- acanthus — any shrub or herbaceous plant of the genus Acanthus, native to the Mediterranean region but widely cultivated as ornamental plants, having large spiny leaves and spikes of white or purplish flowers: family Acanthaceae
- accented — Language or speech that is accented is spoken with a particular accent.
9 letter words containing a, c, n, t
- abactinal — (of organisms showing radial symmetry) situated away from or opposite to the mouth; aboral
- abduction — the act of taking someone away by force or cunning; kidnapping
- abjection — an abject state or condition
- acanthine — of or resembling an acanthus
- acanthite — the orthorhombic form of silver sulfide.
10 letter words containing a, c, n, t
- abdication — the act or state of abdicating; renunciation.
- abjunction — the act of cutting off part of a mycelium or spore by forming a septum
- abreaction — the release and expression of emotional tension associated with repressed ideas by bringing those ideas into consciousness
- abstinence — Abstinence is the practice of abstaining from something such as alcoholic drink or sex, often for health or religious reasons.
- acanthosis — (medicine) A benign abnormal thickening of the stratum spinosum, or prickle cell, layer of the epidermis.(First attested in the late 19th century.).
11 letter words containing a, c, n, t
- ablactation — the weaning of an infant
- abranchiate — having no gills
- absorptance — a measure of the ability of an object to absorb radiation, equal to the ratio of the absorbed radiant flux to the incident flux. For a layer of material the ratio of the flux absorbed between the entry and exit surfaces of the layer to the flux leaving the entry surface is the internal absorptance
- abstracting — thought of apart from concrete realities, specific objects, or actual instances: an abstract idea.
- abstraction — An abstraction is a general idea rather than one relating to a particular object, person, or situation.
12 letter words containing a, c, n, t
- abstractness — the quality of being abstract as opposed to concrete
- acanthaceous — of or relating to the Acanthaceae, a mainly tropical and subtropical family of flowering plants that includes the acanthus
- acceleration — The acceleration of a process or change is the fact that it is getting faster and faster.
- accentuating — to give emphasis or prominence to.
- accentuation — an act or instance of accentuating.
13 letter words containing a, c, n, t
- abortifacient — causing abortion
- acceptingness — the state or quality of being accepting
- accidentalism — the state of being accidental
- accidentology — the study of the prevention of accidents
- accommodating — If you describe someone as accommodating, you like the fact that they are willing to do things in order to please you or help you.
14 letter words containing a, c, n, t
- absorbefacient — a medicine or other agent that promotes absorption
- abstractionism — the theory and practice of the abstract, esp of abstract art
- abstractionist — a person who produces abstract works of art.
- acanthocytosis — a condition characterized by large numbers of acanthocytes in the blood.
- accident-prone — tending to have more accidents or mishaps than the average person.
15 letter words containing a, c, n, t
- acanthocephalan — any of the parasitic wormlike invertebrates of the phylum Acanthocephala, the adults of which have a spiny proboscis and live in the intestines of vertebrates
- accelerationist — a person, especially an economist, who advocates or promotes the acceleration principle.
- accessorization — to fit or equip with accessories: to accessorize a car with special seat covers.
- acclimatization — The act of acclimatizing; the process of inuring to a new climate, or the state of being so inured.
- acetophenetidin — phenacetin
16 letter words containing a, c, n, t
- abdominocentesis — (surgery) Extraction of peritoneal fluid from the abdomen for evaluation, using a trocar.
- acanthopterygian — of, relating to, or belonging to the Acanthopterygii, a large group of teleost fishes having spiny fin rays. The group includes most saltwater bony fishes
- accommodationist — a person who seeks to promote adaptation to or compromise with an opposing point of view
- accountabilities — the state of being accountable, liable, or answerable.
- acculturationist — a person who studies the process of acculturation.
17 letter words containing a, c, n, t
- acoustoelectronic — denoting a device in which electronic signals are converted into acoustic waves, esp in delay lines, etc
- anglo-catholicism — the tradition or form of worship in the Anglican Church that emphasizes Catholicity, the apostolic succession, and the continuity of all churches within the communion with pre-Reformation Christianity as well as the importance of liturgy and ritual.
- anthracosilicosis — a form of pneumoconiosis occurring in miners, caused by the inhalation of coal and siliceous particles.
- anthropologically — the science that deals with the origins, physical and cultural development, biological characteristics, and social customs and beliefs of humankind.
- anti-anaphylactic — exaggerated allergic reaction to a foreign protein resulting from previous exposure to it.
18 letter words containing a, c, n, t
- aerothermodynamics — the study of the exchange of heat between solids and gases, esp of the heating effect on aircraft flying through the air at very high speeds
- anthropocentricity — the state or quality of being anthropocentric.
- anti-commercialism — the principles, practices, and spirit of commerce.
- anti-miscegenation — marriage or cohabitation between two people from different racial groups, especially, in the U.S., between a black person and a white person: In 1968 the Supreme Court ruled unanimously that state laws prohibiting miscegenation were unconstitutional.
- anti-scholasticism — (sometimes initial capital letter) the system of theological and philosophical teaching predominant in the Middle Ages, based chiefly upon the authority of the church fathers and of Aristotle and his commentators.
19 letter words containing a, c, n, t
- adrenocorticotropic — that can stimulate the cortex of the adrenal glands
- adrenocorticotropin — ACTH.
- anarcho-syndicalist — syndicalism.
- anthropocentrically — regarding the human being as the central fact of the universe.
- anthropomorphically — ascribing human form or attributes to a being or thing not human, especially to a deity.
20 letter words containing a, c, n, t
- acetylcholinesterase — an enzyme in nerve cells that is responsible for the destruction of acetylcholine and thus for switching off excitation of the nerve
- acetylmethylcarbinol — acetoin.
- adrenocorticosteroid — corticosteroid
- adrenocorticotrophic — stimulating the adrenal cortex
- anti-intellectualism — a feeling of hostility and dislike towards intellectuals and intellectual activities
21 letter words containing a, c, n, t
- atmospheric-inversion — an act or instance of inverting.
22 letter words containing a, c, n, t
- autoxidation-reduction — disproportionation.
23 letter words containing a, c, n, t
- alpes-de-haute-provence — a department of SE France in Provence-Alpes-Côte-d'Azur region. Capital: Digne. Pop: 144 508 (2003 est). Area: 6988 sq km (2725 sq miles)
- artificial-intelligence — the capacity of a computer to perform operations analogous to learning and decision making in humans, as by an expert system, a program for CAD or CAM, or a program for the perception and recognition of shapes in computer vision systems. Abbreviation: AI, A.I.
- astronomical-refraction — Physics. the change of direction of a ray of light, sound, heat, or the like, in passing obliquely from one medium into another in which its wave velocity is different.
On this page, we collect all words with A, C, N, T. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 25097 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains A, C, N, T that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.