Words containing a, c, i, d, h
6 letter words containing a, c, i, d, h
- chadic — a subfamily of the Afro-Asiatic family of languages, spoken in an area west and south of Lake Chad, the chief member of which is Hausa
- chadri — a shroud which covers the body from head to foot, usually worn by females in Islamic countries
- chasid — Hasid.
- diarch — (of a vascular bundle) having two strands of xylem
- dincha — (eye dialect, informal) Didn't you.
7 letter words containing a, c, i, d, h
- adichie — Chimamanda Ngozi, born 1977, Nigerian novelist; her novels include Purple Hibiscus (2003) and Half of a Yellow Sun (2006), which won the 2007 Orange Prize for Fiction
- aldrich — Thomas Bailey1836-1907; U.S. poet & novelist
- caddish — like or characteristic of a cad; ungentlemanly
- chadian — of or relating to the Republic of Chad, its inhabitants, or their language.
- chained — If you say that someone is chained to a person or a situation, you are emphasizing that there are reasons why they cannot leave that person or situation, even though you think they might like to.
8 letter words containing a, c, i, d, h
- achieved — Reach or attain (a desired objective, level, or result) by effort, skill, or courage.
- acidhead — a person who uses LSD
- arachnid — any terrestrial chelicerate arthropod of the class Arachnida, characterized by simple eyes and four pairs of legs. The group includes the spiders, scorpions, ticks, mites, and harvestmen
- archived — Simple past tense and past participle of archive.
- cadherin — (protein) Any of a class of transmembrane proteins important in maintaining tissue structure.
9 letter words containing a, c, i, d, h
- acanthoid — resembling a spine; spiny
- acid-head — a person who habitually takes the drug LSD.
- acidophil — (of cells or cell contents) easily stained by acid dyes
- aldehydic — any of a class of organic compounds containing the group −CHO, which yields acids when oxidized and alcohols when reduced.
- anhedonic — unable to feel or experience pleasure
10 letter words containing a, c, i, d, h
- achaemenid — any member of a Persian dynasty of kings, including Cyrus the Great, that ruled from about 550 to 331 bc, when Darius III was overthrown by Alexander the Great
- achondrite — a rare stony meteorite that consists mainly of silicate minerals and has the texture of igneous rock but contains no chondrules
- acidophile — Biology, Ecology. acidophilic.
- acidophils — Plural form of acidophil.
- adhocratic — Relating to adhocracy.
11 letter words containing a, c, i, d, h
- acanthodian — any small, spiny-finned, sharklike fish of the extinct order Acanthodii, from the Paleozoic Era.
- achondrites — Plural form of achondrite.
- achondritic — (geology) Of or pertaining to achondrite, a type of stony meteorite.
- acid-washed — (of a denim garment) processed with a bleach solution so that the color becomes faded and grayish.
- acidanthera — any plant of the African cormous genus Acidanthera, cultivated for its graceful tubular white and red or white and purple flowers, often scented: family Iridaceae
12 letter words containing a, c, i, d, h
- accomplished — If someone is accomplished at something, they are very good at it.
- achlorhydria — the absence of free hydrochloric acid in the gastric juice
- adiaphoretic — preventing or reducing perspiration.
- affranchised — Simple past tense and past participle of affranchise.
- anthropodicy — An attempt, or argument attempting, to justify the existence of humanity as good (contrast theodicy).
13 letter words containing a, c, i, d, h
14 letter words containing a, c, i, d, h
- achondroplasia — a skeletal disorder, characterized by failure of normal conversion of cartilage into bone, that begins during fetal life and results in dwarfism
- antaphrodisiac — Capable of reducing the sex drive.
- archaeocyathid — one of the marine invertebrates of the extinct phylum Archaeocyatha, widely distributed during the Cambrian Period, having a limy, typically conical or cylindrical skeleton composed of sievelike inner and outer walls.
- archidiaconate — the office, term of office, or area of jurisdiction of an archdeacon
- archimandrites — Plural form of archimandrite.
15 letter words containing a, c, i, d, h
- academicianship — A membership in a national academy of arts or sciences.
- acetophenetidin — phenacetin
- autoschediastic — offhand, with little forethought or preparation
- bait-and-switch — denoting a deceptive method of selling, by which customers, attracted to a store by sale items, are told either that the advertised bargain item is out of stock or is inferior to a higher-priced item that is available.
- black-and-white — displaying only black and white tones; without color, as a picture or chart: a black-and-white photograph.
16 letter words containing a, c, i, d, h
- adiadochokinesia — the inability to perform rapidly alternating muscular movements, as flexion and extension.
- adiadochokinesis — the inability to perform rapidly alternating muscular movements, as flexion and extension.
- adjustable-pitch — (of a marine or aircraft propeller) having blades whose pitch can be changed while the propeller is stationary, chiefly to suit various conditions of navigation or flight.
- alpha-adrenergic — of or having to do with an alpha receptor
- anti-aphrodisiac — Also, aphrodisiacal [af-ruh-duh-zahy-uh-kuh l, -sahy-] /ˌæf rə dəˈzaɪ ə kəl, -ˈsaɪ-/ (Show IPA). arousing sexual desire.
17 letter words containing a, c, i, d, h
- aerothermodynamic — Of or pertaining to aerothermodynamics.
- angiocardiography — the making of X-ray pictures of the heart and its blood vessels after injecting a radiopaque substance
- bacteriorhodopsin — a purple protein containing retinal and found in the plasma membrane of certain bacteria (genus Halobacterium): it directly supplies electrochemical energy from sunlight
- bergisch-gladbach — an industrial city in W Germany, near Cologne.
- chemopallidectomy — an operation for treating Parkinson's disease and certain other diseases characterized by muscular rigidity, consisting of destroying a specific part of the corpus striatum by injecting it with a chemical, usually alcohol.
18 letter words containing a, c, i, d, h
- aerothermodynamics — the study of the exchange of heat between solids and gases, esp of the heating effect on aircraft flying through the air at very high speeds
- angiocardiographic — Relating to angiocardiography.
- bronchocandidiasis — See under candidiasis.
- carbonic-anhydride — carbon dioxide.
- chickenheartedness — Alternative form of chicken-heartedness.
19 letter words containing a, c, i, d, h
- anarcho-syndicalism — syndicalism.
- anarcho-syndicalist — syndicalism.
- ballistocardiograph — an instrument that records the slight recoil of the body, while on a special bed, caused by the contractions of the heart: used to measure cardiac pumping power and the elasticity of the aorta
- cathodoluminescence — luminescence caused by irradiation with electrons (cathode rays)
- choledocholithiasis — The presence of gallstones in the common bile duct.
20 letter words containing a, c, i, d, h
- adrenocorticotrophic — stimulating the adrenal cortex
- adrenocorticotrophin — (hormone) adrenocorticotropic hormone.
- contradistinguishing — Present participle of contradistinguish.
- electrocardiographic — Of or pertaining to an electrocardiogram (ECG) or electrocardiograph.
- electrohydrodynamics — (physics) the study of the dynamics of electrically conducting fluid.
21 letter words containing a, c, i, d, h
- aleksandr-nikolaevich — Alexander (Aleksandr Nikolaevich) 1899–1977, Russian pianist and composer, in the U.S.
- dacryocystorhinostomy — A surgical procedure to restore the flow of tears into the nose from the lacrimal sac when the nasolacrimal duct does not function.
- dendrochronologically — By the use of, or with reference to dendrochronology.
- mucopolysaccharidosis — Any of a group of metabolic disorders caused by the absence or malfunction of lysosomal enzymes needed to break down glycosaminoglycans.
- trichloroacetaldehyde — chloral (def 1).
22 letter words containing a, c, i, d, h
- thiamine-hydrochloride — a white, crystalline, water-soluble compound of the vitamin-B complex, containing a thiazole and a pyrimidine group, C 12 H 17 ClN 4 OS, essential for normal functioning of the nervous system, a deficiency of which results chiefly in beriberi and other nerve disorders: occurring in many natural sources, as green peas, liver, and especially the seed coats of cereal grains, the commercial product of which is chiefly synthesized in the form of its chloride (thiamine chloride or thiamine hydrochloride) for therapeutic administration, or in nitrate form (thiamine mononitrate) for enriching flour mixes.
23 letter words containing a, c, i, d, h
- dacryocystorhinostomies — Plural form of dacryocystorhinostomy.
- dichlorodifluoromethane — a colourless nonflammable gas easily liquefied by pressure: used as a propellant in aerosols and fire extinguishers and as a refrigerant. Formula: CCl2F2
- icosidodecadodecahedron — A polyhedron having 44 faces, 60 vertices, 120 edges, 12 self intersected faces and 12 nonconvex faces.
24 letter words containing a, c, i, d, h
- dibasic-sodium-phosphate — Also called monobasic sodium phosphate. a white, crystalline, slightly hygroscopic, water-soluble powder, NaH 2 PO 4 , used chiefly in dyeing and in electroplating.
- diphenylaminechlorarsine — adamsite.
- electrocardiographically — By means of electrocardiography.
- ichthyophthirius-disease — ich.
25 letter words containing a, c, i, d, h
- transcendental-philosophy — transcendental character, thought, or language.
26 letter words containing a, c, i, d, h
- ethylenediaminetetraacetic — Alternative spelling of ethylenediaminetetracetic.
- statistical-thermodynamics — the science that deals with average properties of the molecules, atoms, or elementary particles in random motion in a system of many such particles and relates these properties to the thermodynamic and other macroscopic properties of the system.
30 letter words containing a, c, i, d, h
- dichlorodiphenyldichloroethane — (organic chemistry) An organochlorine insecticide that is a metabolite of DDT.
31 letter words containing a, c, i, d, h
32 letter words containing a, c, i, d, h
- democratic-republic-of-the-congo — People's Republic of the, a republic in central Africa, W of the Democratic Republic of the Congo: formerly an overseas territory in French Equatorial Africa; now an independent member of the French Community. 132,046 sq. mi. (341,999 sq. km). Capital: Brazzaville. Formerly French Congo, Middle Congo.
34 letter words containing a, c, i, d, h
- supreme-court-of-the-united-states — Supreme Court of the United States.
35 letter words containing a, c, i, d, h
- trust-territory-the-pacific-islands — a U.S. trust territory in the Pacific Ocean, comprising the Mariana, Marshall, and Caroline Islands: approved by the United Nations 1947; since 1976 constituents of the trusteeship have established or moved toward self-government. 717 sq. mi. (1857 sq. km).
On this page, we collect all words with A, C, I, D, H. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 3438 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains A, C, I, D, H that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.