Words containing a, c, e, t, y
6 letter words containing a, c, e, t, y
- acetyl — of, consisting of, or containing the monovalent group CH3CO-
7 letter words containing a, c, e, t, y
- acetify — to become or cause to become acetic acid or vinegar
- acolyte — An acolyte is a follower or assistant of an important person.
- acutely — If you feel or notice something acutely, you feel or notice it very strongly.
- acylate — to introduce one or more acyl groups into a compound
- catesby — Robert. 1573–1605, English conspirator, leader of the Gunpowder Plot (1605): killed while resisting arrest
8 letter words containing a, c, e, t, y
- abjectly — utterly hopeless, miserable, humiliating, or wretched: abject poverty.
- acerbity — Acerbity is a kind of bitter, critical humour.
- acetylic — of, relating to, or characteristic of the acetyl group.
- acrylate — a chemical compound used in plastics and resins
- actively — engaged in action; characterized by energetic work, participation, etc.; busy: an active life.
9 letter words containing a, c, e, t, y
- acetylate — to introduce an acetyl group into (a chemical compound)
- acetylene — Acetylene is a colourless gas which burns with a very hot bright flame. It is often used in lamps and for cutting and welding metal.
- acetylide — any of a class of carbides in which the carbon is present as a diatomic divalent ion (C22–). They are formally derivatives of acetylene
- adipocyte — a fat cell that accumulates and stores fats
- amebocyte — any cell capable of moving like an amoeba, esp. one that floats freely in the blood or other body fluids, such as a white blood corpuscle
10 letter words containing a, c, e, t, y
- acatalepsy — the state of being impossible to conceive or understand
- acceptably — capable or worthy of being accepted.
- acceptancy — the act of accepting; acceptance.
- accidently — happening by chance or accident; not planned; unexpected: an accidental meeting.
- accurately — free from error or defect; consistent with a standard, rule, or model; precise; exact.
11 letter words containing a, c, e, t, y
- acanthocyte — an abnormal red blood cell having spiny projections, found in the blood of persons with abetalipoproteinemia and certain malabsorption disorders.
- accentually — of or relating to accent or stress.
- acceptingly — in an accepting manner
- acetylation — to introduce one or more acetyl groups into (a compound).
- achlamydate — not chlamydate; having neither mantle nor pallium.
12 letter words containing a, c, e, t, y
- abstractedly — lost in thought; deeply engrossed or preoccupied.
- accidentally — happening by chance or accident; not planned; unexpected: an accidental meeting.
- acetaldehyde — a colourless volatile pungent liquid, miscible with water, used in the manufacture of organic compounds and as a solvent and reducing agent. Formula: CH3CHO
- actinomycete — any bacterium of the group Actinomycetes, usually filamentous in form
- adjectivally — as an adjective
13 letter words containing a, c, e, t, y
14 letter words containing a, c, e, t, y
- accumulatively — tending to accumulate or arising from accumulation; cumulative.
- acetylcysteine — a substance, C 5 H 9 NO 3 S, used in solution as an inhalant to dissolve mucus in the treatment of chronic bronchitis, asthma, and emphysema and also used as an antidote in acetaminophen poisoning.
- aerodynamicist — an expert in aerodynamics.
- aetiologically — etiology.
- affectionately — showing, indicating, or characterized by affection or love; fondly tender: an affectionate embrace.
15 letter words containing a, c, e, t, y
- actinochemistry — the branch of chemistry dealing with actinism; photochemistry.
- actinopterygian — belonging or pertaining to the Actinopterygii, a group of bony fishes.
- aegyptopithecus — a genus of extinct anthropoid ape of the Oligocene Period known from remains found in Egypt.
- anti-technology — the branch of knowledge that deals with the creation and use of technical means and their interrelation with life, society, and the environment, drawing upon such subjects as industrial arts, engineering, applied science, and pure science.
- archeoastronomy — the branch of archaeology that deals with the apparent use by prehistoric civilizations of astronomical techniques to establish the seasons or the cycle of the year, especially as evidenced in the construction of megaliths and other ritual structures.
16 letter words containing a, c, e, t, y
- acanthopterygian — of, relating to, or belonging to the Acanthopterygii, a large group of teleost fishes having spiny fin rays. The group includes most saltwater bony fishes
- acetylandromedol — grayanotoxin.
- acetylsalicylate — a salt or ester of acetylsalicylic acid.
- anticyclogenesis — the intensification or development of an anticyclone.
- antirecessionary — used to counteract or offest the economic effects of a recession: the president's antirecessionary program.
17 letter words containing a, c, e, t, y
- anti-metaphysical — pertaining to or of the nature of metaphysics.
- archconfraternity — a confraternity having the right to associate itself with confraternities that are similar to it, and to impart to them its privileges and indulgences.
- attorneys-in-fact — a person authorized by power of attorney to act on the authorizer's behalf outside a court of law.
- bouncebackability — the ability to recover after a setback, esp in sport
- cardiorespiratory — of, relating to, or affecting the heart and respiratory system.
18 letter words containing a, c, e, t, y
- aerothermodynamics — the study of the exchange of heat between solids and gases, esp of the heating effect on aircraft flying through the air at very high speeds
- anthropocentricity — the state or quality of being anthropocentric.
- characteristically — Also, characteristical. pertaining to, constituting, or indicating the character or peculiar quality of a person or thing; typical; distinctive: Red and gold are the characteristic colors of autumn.
- dihydrotachysterol — a white, crystalline, water-insoluble sterol, C 28 H 46 O, derived from ergosterol: used chiefly in the treatment of hypoparathyroidism.
- diphosphoglycerate — an ester of phosphoric acid and glyceric acid that occurs in the blood and that promotes the release of hemoglobin-bound oxygen.
19 letter words containing a, c, e, t, y
- anthropocentrically — regarding the human being as the central fact of the universe.
- bacteriochlorophyll — a pale blue-gray form of chlorophyll that is unique to the photosynthetic but anaerobic purple bacteria.
- cholecystolithiasis — The presence of a gallstone specifically in the gall bladder.
- cinematographically — a motion-picture projector.
- college-preparatory — preparing a student for academic work at the college level.
20 letter words containing a, c, e, t, y
- acetylcholinesterase — an enzyme in nerve cells that is responsible for the destruction of acetylcholine and thus for switching off excitation of the nerve
- acetylmethylcarbinol — acetoin.
- counterrevolutionary — Counterrevolutionary activities are activities intended to reverse the effects of a previous revolution.
- covenant-of-warranty — warranty (def 2b).
- decahydronaphthalene — a colorless, aromatic liquid, C 10 H 18 , insoluble in water and soluble in alcohol and ether: used as a solvent for oils, fats, etc., in cleaning fluids, lubricants, etc.
21 letter words containing a, c, e, t, y
- counter-revolutionary — Counter-revolutionary activities are activities intended to reverse the effects of a previous revolution.
- hypercholesterolaemia — the condition of having a high concentration of cholesterol in the blood
- isopropylideneacetone — mesityl oxide.
- magnetoplasmadynamics — magnetohydrodynamics.
22 letter words containing a, c, e, t, y
23 letter words containing a, c, e, t, y
- magneto-encephalography — a record of the magnetic field of the brain. Abbreviation: MEG.
24 letter words containing a, c, e, t, y
29 letter words containing a, c, e, t, y
31 letter words containing a, c, e, t, y
On this page, we collect all words with A, C, E, T, Y. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 5539 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains A, C, E, T, Y that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.