Words containing a, c, d, e, m
6 letter words containing a, c, d, e, m
- calmed — Simple past tense and past participle of calm.
- camden — a borough of N Greater London. Pop: 210 700 (2003 est). Area: 21 sq km (8 sq miles)
- cammed — Simple past tense and past participle of cam.
- camped — If people are camped or camped out somewhere in the open air, they are living, staying, or waiting there, often in tents.
- decamp — If you decamp, you go away from somewhere secretly or suddenly.
7 letter words containing a, c, d, e, m
- academe — The academic world of universities is sometimes referred to as academe.
- academy — Academy is sometimes used in the names of schools and colleges, especially those specializing in particular subjects or skills, or private high schools in the United States.
- amerced — to punish by imposing a fine not fixed by statute.
- cadmean — of or like Cadmus
- caedmon — fl. a.d. c670, Anglo-Saxon religious poet.
8 letter words containing a, c, d, e, m
- academes — the campus activity, life, and interests of a college or university; the academic world.
- academia — Academia refers to all the academics in a particular country or region, the institutions they work in, and their work.
- academic — Academic is used to describe things that relate to the work done in schools, colleges, and universities, especially work which involves studying and reasoning rather than practical or technical skills.
- academus — an Arcadian whose estate became a meeting place for Athenian philosophers.
- aceldama — the place near Jerusalem that was bought with the 30 pieces of silver paid to Judas for betraying Jesus (Matthew 27:8; Acts 1:19)
9 letter words containing a, c, d, e, m
- academese — pedantic, pretentious, and often confusing academic jargon: a presumably scholarly article written in incomprehensible academese.
- academian — (historical, obsolete) A follower of w Plato. (Attested from the mid 16th century until the late 17th century.)Brown, Lesley, ed. The Shorter Oxford English Dictionary. 5th. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2003.
- academics — of or relating to a college, academy, school, or other educational institution, especially one for higher education: academic requirements.
- academies — Plural form of academy.
- academise — to reduce (a subject) to a rigid set of rules, principles, precepts, etc.: futile attempts to academize the visual arts.
10 letter words containing a, c, d, e, m
- academical — academic.
- acclimated — Become accustomed to a new climate or to new conditions.
- accomodate — Misspelling of accommodate.
- accordment — (obsolete) Agreement; reconcilement.
- accustomed — If you are accustomed to something, you know it so well or have experienced it so often that it seems natural, unsurprising, or easy to deal with.
11 letter words containing a, c, d, e, m
- abecedarium — a primer, especially for teaching the alphabet.
- abscondment — An act of absconding or escaping.
- academicals — traditional academic clothing; cap and gown
- academician — An academician is a member of an academy, usually one which has been formed to improve or maintain standards in a particular field.
- academicism — adherence to rules and traditions in art, literature, etc; conventionalism
12 letter words containing a, c, d, e, m
13 letter words containing a, c, d, e, m
- accidentalism — the state of being accidental
- accommodative — tending to accommodate; adaptive.
- acetazolamide — a drug which operates by blocking the production of hydrogen ions and hydrogen carbonate, used to treat various conditions including epilepsy and glaucoma
- acetohexamide — (pharmaceutical drug) A sulfonylurea antidiabetic drug.
- adenoidectomy — surgical removal of the adenoids
14 letter words containing a, c, d, e, m
- abdominopelvic — (anatomy) Of or pertaining to the abdomen and (the cavity of) the pelvis.
- accustomedness — the state of being customary or usual
- acknowledgment — An acknowledgment is a statement or action which recognizes that something exists or is true.
- adenocarcinoma — a malignant tumour originating in glandular tissue
- aerodynamicist — an expert in aerodynamics.
15 letter words containing a, c, d, e, m
- academicianship — A membership in a national academy of arts or sciences.
- acknowledgement — An acknowledgement is a statement or action which recognizes that something exists or is true.
- acknowledgments — a section of text containing an author’s statement acknowledging his or her use of the works of other authors and thanking the people who have helped him or her, usually printed at the front of a book
- adenocarcinomas — Plural form of adenocarcinoma.
- adenoidectomies — Plural form of adenoidectomy.
16 letter words containing a, c, d, e, m
- abdominocentesis — (surgery) Extraction of peritoneal fluid from the abdomen for evaluation, using a trocar.
- acetylandromedol — grayanotoxin.
- acknowledgements — Plural form of acknowledgement.
- actinodermatitis — dermatitis from exposure to radiation, esp ultraviolet light or X-rays
- administratrices — Plural form of administratrix.
17 letter words containing a, c, d, e, m
- accommodativeness — The state or quality of being accommodative.
- aerothermodynamic — Of or pertaining to aerothermodynamics.
- cardiac-tamponade — Medicine/Medical. the use of a tampon, as to stop a hemorrhage.
- champagne-ardenne — a region of NE France: a countship and commercial centre in medieval times; it consists of a great plain, with sheep and dairy farms and many vineyards
- chemopallidectomy — an operation for treating Parkinson's disease and certain other diseases characterized by muscular rigidity, consisting of destroying a specific part of the corpus striatum by injecting it with a chemical, usually alcohol.
18 letter words containing a, c, d, e, m
- adenocarcinomatous — Of or pertaining to adenocarcinomas.
- aerothermodynamics — the study of the exchange of heat between solids and gases, esp of the heating effect on aircraft flying through the air at very high speeds
- decompartmentalize — to remove excessive compartmentalization from (an organization)
- disenfranchisement — to disfranchise.
- domremy-la-pucelle — a village in Lorraine, NE France, SW of Nancy: birthplace of Joan of Arc.
19 letter words containing a, c, d, e, m
- cap-de-la-madeleine — a city in S Quebec, in E Canada, near Three Rivers, on the St. Lawrence.
- cape-disappointment — Cape, a cape in SW Washington state, projecting into the Pacific Ocean on the N of the mouth of the Columbia River.
- cathodoluminescence — luminescence caused by irradiation with electrons (cathode rays)
- de-compartmentalize — to divide into categories or compartments.
- dutchman's-breeches — a plant, Dicentra cucullaria, of the fumitory family, having long clusters of pale-yellow, two-spurred flowers.
20 letter words containing a, c, d, e, m
- diplomatic-secretary — secretary (def 5).
- magnetohydrodynamics — the branch of physics that deals with the motion of electrically conductive fluids, especially plasmas, in magnetic fields. Abbreviation: MHD.
- mechanical-impedance — Electricity. the total opposition to alternating current by an electric circuit, equal to the square root of the sum of the squares of the resistance and reactance of the circuit and usually expressed in ohms. Symbol: Z.
- meta-dichlorobenzene — a colorless liquid, C 6 H 4 Cl 2 , soluble in alcohol and ether: used as a fumigant and insecticide.
- newcastle-under-lyme — a town in W central England, in Staffordshire. Pop: 74 427 (2001)
21 letter words containing a, c, d, e, m
22 letter words containing a, c, d, e, m
- centimeter-gram-second — designating or of a system of measurement in which the centimeter, gram, and second are the units of length, mass, and time, respectively
- thiamine-hydrochloride — a white, crystalline, water-soluble compound of the vitamin-B complex, containing a thiazole and a pyrimidine group, C 12 H 17 ClN 4 OS, essential for normal functioning of the nervous system, a deficiency of which results chiefly in beriberi and other nerve disorders: occurring in many natural sources, as green peas, liver, and especially the seed coats of cereal grains, the commercial product of which is chiefly synthesized in the form of its chloride (thiamine chloride or thiamine hydrochloride) for therapeutic administration, or in nitrate form (thiamine mononitrate) for enriching flour mixes.
23 letter words containing a, c, d, e, m
24 letter words containing a, c, d, e, m
26 letter words containing a, c, d, e, m
- statistical-thermodynamics — the science that deals with average properties of the molecules, atoms, or elementary particles in random motion in a system of many such particles and relates these properties to the thermodynamic and other macroscopic properties of the system.
28 letter words containing a, c, d, e, m
- meter-kilogram-second-ampere — of or relating to the system of units in which the meter, kilogram, second, and ampere are the principal units of length, mass, time, and electric current. Abbreviation: mksa, MKSA.
32 letter words containing a, c, d, e, m
- democratic-republic-of-the-congo — People's Republic of the, a republic in central Africa, W of the Democratic Republic of the Congo: formerly an overseas territory in French Equatorial Africa; now an independent member of the French Community. 132,046 sq. mi. (341,999 sq. km). Capital: Brazzaville. Formerly French Congo, Middle Congo.
34 letter words containing a, c, d, e, m
- supreme-court-of-the-united-states — Supreme Court of the United States.
On this page, we collect all words with A, C, D, E, M. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 4428 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains A, C, D, E, M that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.