Words containing a, b, u, s
5 letter words containing a, b, u, s
- abuse — Abuse of someone is cruel and violent treatment of them.
- arbus — Diane, original name Diane Nemerov. 1923–71, US photographer, noted esp for her portraits of vagrants, dwarfs, transvestites, etc
- babus — a Hindu title of address equivalent to Sir, Mr., or Esquire.
- brusa — Bursa.
- bursa — a small fluid-filled sac that reduces friction between movable parts of the body, esp at joints
6 letter words containing a, b, u, s
- abacus — An abacus is a frame used for counting. It has rods with sliding beads on them.
- ablush — (of a person) blushing
- absurd — If you say that something is absurd, you are criticizing it because you think that it is ridiculous or that it does not make sense.
- abuser — to use wrongly or improperly; misuse: to abuse one's authority.
- agabus — a Christian prophet who predicted a great famine. Acts 11:28.
7 letter words containing a, b, u, s
- abortus — an aborted human fetus, esp one that is less than 12 weeks old or weighs less than 17 oz
- abusage — wrong or improper use
- abusing — to use wrongly or improperly; misuse: to abuse one's authority.
- abusive — Someone who is abusive behaves in a cruel and violent way towards other people.
- albinus — Alcuin.
8 letter words containing a, b, u, s
9 letter words containing a, b, u, s
- abaciscus — a tessera.
- abortuses — immature placental or fetal tissue prematurely passed or curetted.
- absolutes — free from imperfection; complete; perfect: absolute liberty.
- absurdism — the belief that life is meaningless and that all attempts to understand the universe are doomed to fail
- absurdist — An absurdist play or other work shows how absurd some aspect of society or human behaviour is.
10 letter words containing a, b, u, s
11 letter words containing a, b, u, s
- absolutists — the principle or the exercise of complete and unrestricted power in government.
- abstentious — an act or instance of abstaining.
- abusiveness — using, containing, or characterized by harshly or coarsely insulting language: an abusive author; abusive remarks.
- albategnius — Latin name of Battani.
- albuminoids — any of a class of simple proteins, as keratin, gelatin, or collagen, that are insoluble in all neutral solvents; scleroprotein.
12 letter words containing a, b, u, s
13 letter words containing a, b, u, s
- adjustability — ability to adjust
- ambiguousness — open to or having several possible meanings or interpretations; equivocal: an ambiguous answer.
- ambitiousness — having ambition; eagerly desirous of achieving or obtaining success, power, wealth, a specific goal, etc.: ambitious students.
- amphiblastula — the free-swimming larva of certain sponges, which consists of a hollow spherical mass of cells some of which have flagella
- antiscorbutic — preventing or curing scurvy
14 letter words containing a, b, u, s
- absquatulation — to flee; abscond: The old prospector absquatulated with our picks and shovel.
- abstemiousness — sparing or moderate in eating and drinking; temperate in diet.
- actinobacillus — a bacillus causing disease in animals
- ambisinistrous — clumsy or unskillful with both hands.
- baby-blue-eyes — any of several plants of the genus Nemophila, of western North America, especially N. menziesii, a low-growing plant having blue, white-centered flowers.
15 letter words containing a, b, u, s
16 letter words containing a, b, u, s
- accountabilities — the state of being accountable, liable, or answerable.
- adjustable-pitch — (of a marine or aircraft propeller) having blades whose pitch can be changed while the propeller is stationary, chiefly to suit various conditions of navigation or flight.
- aulnay-sous-bois — a town in N central France, a suburb NE of Paris.
- binocular-fusion — the act or process of fusing; the state of being fused.
- branchiopneustic — breathing by means of gills, as certain aquatic insect larvae.
17 letter words containing a, b, u, s
- ashby-de-la-zouch — a town in central England, in Leicestershire: Mary, Queen of Scots, was imprisoned (1569) in the castle. Pop: 11 409 (2001)
- bachelor's-button — any of various plants with round flower heads, especially the cornflower.
- barrow-in-furness — an industrial town in NW England, in S Cumbria. Pop: 47 194 (2001)
- boileau-despreaux — Nicolas [nee-kaw-lah] /ni kɔˈlɑ/ (Show IPA), 1636–1711, French critic and poet.
- consubstantiation — the doctrine that after the consecration of the Eucharist the substance of the body and blood of Christ coexists within the substance of the consecrated bread and wine
18 letter words containing a, b, u, s
- bachelor's-buttons — any of various plants of the daisy family with button-like flower heads
- battleground-state — a state of the U.S. in which the Democratic and Republican candidates both have a good chance of winning and that is considered key to the outcome of a presidential election: the swing states of Ohio and Indiana.
- bioinstrumentation — the use of instruments, as sensors, to detect and measure certain body functions, as of persons in spaceflight, and transmit the data to a point where it is evaluated
- distinguishability — to mark off as different (often followed by from or by): He was distinguished from the other boys by his height.
- fibrocartilaginous — a type of cartilage having a large number of fibers.
19 letter words containing a, b, u, s
- dutchman's-breeches — a plant, Dicentra cucullaria, of the fumitory family, having long clusters of pale-yellow, two-spurred flowers.
- internal-combustion — of or relating to an internal-combustion engine.
- non-distinguishable — to mark off as different (often followed by from or by): He was distinguished from the other boys by his height.
- pointe-aux-trembles — a city in S Quebec, in E Canada, N of Montreal, on the St. Lawrence.
- pseudo-biographical — of or relating to a person's life: He's gathering biographical data for his book on Milton.
20 letter words containing a, b, u, s
- potassium-bitartrate — a white, crystalline, water-soluble powder, C 4 H 5 KO 6 , used chiefly as an ingredient in baking powders and in galvanic tinning of metals. Also called potassium bitartrate, potassium acid tartrate. Compare tartar (def 3).
- semiautobiographical — pertaining to or being a fictionalized account of an author's own life.
- spontaneous-abortion — Also called voluntary abortion. the removal of an embryo or fetus from the uterus in order to end a pregnancy.
21 letter words containing a, b, u, s
22 letter words containing a, b, u, s
- carboxymethylcellulose — a white, water-soluble polymer derived from cellulose, used as a coating and sizing for paper and textiles, a stabilizer for various foods, and an appetite suppressor.
24 letter words containing a, b, u, s
- black-english-vernacular — Also called African American Vernacular English, African American English, Afro-American English, Black English Vernacular, Black Vernacular English.a dialect of American English characterized by pronunciations, syntactic structures, and vocabulary associated with and used by some North American black people and exhibiting a wide variety and range of forms varying in the extent to which they differ from standard English.
- dibasic-sodium-phosphate — Also called monobasic sodium phosphate. a white, crystalline, slightly hygroscopic, water-soluble powder, NaH 2 PO 4 , used chiefly in dyeing and in electroplating.
- st.-bruno-de-montarville — a town in S Quebec, in E Canada, near Montreal.
27 letter words containing a, b, u, s
- publius-licinius-valerianus — (Publius Licinius Valerianus) died a.d. c260, Roman emperor 253–60.
On this page, we collect all words with A, B, U, S. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 5364 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains A, B, U, S that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.