Words containing a, b, s, t, r
5 letter words containing a, b, s, t, r
- trabs — training shoes
6 letter words containing a, b, s, t, r
- barest — without covering or clothing; naked; nude: bare legs.
- baster — someone who bastes
- bratsk — city in SC Siberian Russia, on the Angara River: pop. 258,000
- breast — A woman's breasts are the two soft, round parts on her chest that can produce milk to feed a baby.
- strabo — 63? b.c.–a.d. 21? Greek geographer and historian.
7 letter words containing a, b, s, t, r
- abortus — an aborted human fetus, esp one that is less than 12 weeks old or weighs less than 17 oz
- abreast — If people or things walk or move abreast, they are next to each other, side by side, and facing in the same direction.
- arabist — An Arabist is a person who supports Arab interests or knows a lot about the Arabic language.
- arbutus — any of several temperate ericaceous shrubs of the genus Arbutus, esp the strawberry tree of S Europe. They have clusters of white or pinkish flowers, broad evergreen leaves, and strawberry-like berries
- astbury — John. 1688–1743, English potter; earliest of the great Staffordshire potters
8 letter words containing a, b, s, t, r
- abristle — Bristling.
- abstract — An abstract idea or way of thinking is based on general ideas rather than on real things and events.
- abstrict — to make (a spore) undergo abstriction
- abstruse — You can describe something as abstruse if you find it difficult to understand, especially when you think it could be explained more simply.
- airburst — the explosion of a bomb, shell, etc, in the air
9 letter words containing a, b, s, t, r
- abortuses — immature placental or fetal tissue prematurely passed or curetted.
- absorbent — Absorbent material soaks up liquid easily.
- abstainer — a person who abstains from something regarded as improper or unhealthy, especially the drinking of alcoholic beverages.
- absurdist — An absurdist play or other work shows how absurd some aspect of society or human behaviour is.
- absurdity — the quality or state of being absurd; nonsense
10 letter words containing a, b, s, t, r
- abbotsford — estate (1812-32) of Sir Walter Scott, on the Tweed in SE Scotland
- abruptness — sudden or unexpected: an abrupt departure.
- absolutory — giving absolution.
- absorption — The absorption of a liquid, gas, or other substance is the process of it being soaked up or taken in.
- absorptive — able or tending to absorb; absorbent.
11 letter words containing a, b, s, t, r
- aberystwyth — a resort and university town in Wales, in Ceredigion on Cardigan Bay. Pop: 15 935 (2001)
- abortionist — An abortionist is someone who performs abortions, usually illegally.
- absorptance — a measure of the ability of an object to absorb radiation, equal to the ratio of the absorbed radiant flux to the incident flux. For a layer of material the ratio of the flux absorbed between the entry and exit surfaces of the layer to the flux leaving the entry surface is the internal absorptance
- abstracting — thought of apart from concrete realities, specific objects, or actual instances: an abstract idea.
- abstraction — An abstraction is a general idea rather than one relating to a particular object, person, or situation.
12 letter words containing a, b, s, t, r
- absorptivity — a measure of the ability of a material to absorb radiation, equal to the internal absorptance of a homogeneous layer of the material under conditions in which the path of the radiation has unit length and the boundaries of the layer have no influence
- abstractedly — lost in thought; deeply engrossed or preoccupied.
- abstractness — the quality of being abstract as opposed to concrete
- abstruseness — hard to understand; recondite; esoteric: abstruse theories.
- advertisable — to announce or praise (a product, service, etc.) in some public medium of communication in order to induce people to buy or use it: to advertise a new brand of toothpaste.
13 letter words containing a, b, s, t, r
- abbreviations — a shortened or contracted form of a word or phrase, used to represent the whole, as Dr. for Doctor, U.S. for United States, lb. for pound.
- abnormalities — an abnormal condition, state, or quality; irregularity; deviation.
- absorbability — to suck up or drink in (a liquid); soak up: A sponge absorbs water.
- administrable — able to be administered or managed
- answerability — liable to be asked to give account; responsible: He is answerable to a committee for all his decisions.
14 letter words containing a, b, s, t, r
- absorbefacient — a medicine or other agent that promotes absorption
- absorptiometer — an instrument that measures absorption of light, esp by a solution
- absorptiometry — (chemistry) Analysis using an absorptiometer.
- abstractionism — the theory and practice of the abstract, esp of abstract art
- abstractionist — a person who produces abstract works of art.
15 letter words containing a, b, s, t, r
- anti-liberalism — the quality or state of being liberal, as in behavior or attitude.
- belt-and-braces — providing double security, in case one security measure should fail
- bioastronautics — the study of the effects of space flight on living organisms
- biostratigraphy — the examination of the ages of rock strata by using fossils
- brachistochrone — the curve between two points through which a body moves under the force of gravity in a shorter time than for any other curve; the path of quickest descent
16 letter words containing a, b, s, t, r
- across-the-board — applying to all employees, members, groups, or categories; general: The across-the-board pay increase means a raise for all employees.
- bachelor-at-arms — bachelor (def 4).
- ballast-resistor — Nautical. any heavy material carried temporarily or permanently in a vessel to provide desired draft and stability.
- bargain-basement — very low-priced.
- branchiopneustic — breathing by means of gills, as certain aquatic insect larvae.
17 letter words containing a, b, s, t, r
- air-transportable — that can be transported by aircraft: air-transportable equipment.
- aircraft-observer — someone or something that observes.
- bachelor's-button — any of various plants with round flower heads, especially the cornflower.
- bacteriorhodopsin — a purple protein containing retinal and found in the plasma membrane of certain bacteria (genus Halobacterium): it directly supplies electrochemical energy from sunlight
- bed-and-breakfast — an accommodation offered by an inn, hotel, or especially a private home, consisting of a room for the night and breakfast the next morning for one inclusive price.
18 letter words containing a, b, s, t, r
- bachelor's-buttons — any of various plants of the daisy family with button-like flower heads
- ballistocardiogram — a tracing made by a ballistocardiograph
- bankers-acceptance — a draft or bill of exchange that a bank has accepted. Abbreviation: BA. Also called banker's acceptance. Compare acceptance (def 6).
- bats-in-the-belfry — a hairy Eurasian campanulaceous plant, Campanula trachelium, with bell-shaped blue-purple flowers
- battleground-state — a state of the U.S. in which the Democratic and Republican candidates both have a good chance of winning and that is considered key to the outcome of a presidential election: the swing states of Ohio and Indiana.
19 letter words containing a, b, s, t, r
- ambassador-at-large — an ambassador with special duties who may be sent to more than one government
- anti-prohibitionist — a person who favors or advocates prohibition.
- ballistocardiograph — an instrument that records the slight recoil of the body, while on a special bed, caused by the contractions of the heart: used to measure cardiac pumping power and the elasticity of the aorta
- chromoblastomycosis — Long-term fungal infection of the skin and subcutaneous tissue.
- dutchman's-breeches — a plant, Dicentra cucullaria, of the fumitory family, having long clusters of pale-yellow, two-spurred flowers.
20 letter words containing a, b, s, t, r
- potassium-bitartrate — a white, crystalline, water-soluble powder, C 4 H 5 KO 6 , used chiefly as an ingredient in baking powders and in galvanic tinning of metals. Also called potassium bitartrate, potassium acid tartrate. Compare tartar (def 3).
- semiautobiographical — pertaining to or being a fictionalized account of an author's own life.
- spontaneous-abortion — Also called voluntary abortion. the removal of an embryo or fetus from the uterus in order to end a pregnancy.
- strawberry-raspberry — an arching, prickly, Japanese plant, Rubus illecebrosus, of the rose family, having an herbaceous stem, white, fragrant flowers, and large, edible, scarlet fruit.
21 letter words containing a, b, s, t, r
- disestablishmentarian — a person who favors the separation of church and state, especially the withdrawal of special rights, status, and support granted an established church by a state; an advocate of disestablishing a state church.
- intersubstitutability — a person or thing acting or serving in place of another.
- roodepoort-maraisburg — a city in S Transvaal, in the NE Republic of South Africa.
- stabilization-process — the act or process of stabilizing or the state of being stabilized.
- tetrabromofluorescein — eosin (def 1).
22 letter words containing a, b, s, t, r
24 letter words containing a, b, s, t, r
- disestablishmentarianism — a person who favors the separation of church and state, especially the withdrawal of special rights, status, and support granted an established church by a state; an advocate of disestablishing a state church.
- laryngotracheobronchitis — A respiratory disease, a form of croup.
- st.-bruno-de-montarville — a town in S Quebec, in E Canada, near Montreal.
25 letter words containing a, b, s, t, r
27 letter words containing a, b, s, t, r
- introgressive-hybridization — the introduction of genes from one species into the gene pool of another species, occurring when matings between the two produce fertile hybrids.
28 letter words containing a, b, s, t, r
- antidisestablishmentarianism — opposition to the withdrawal of state support or recognition from an established church, especially the Anglican Church in 19th-century England.
29 letter words containing a, b, s, t, r
- arabian-nights-entertainments — a collection of Eastern folk tales derived in part from Indian and Persian sources and dating from the 10th century a.d.
On this page, we collect all words with A, B, S, T, R. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 4950 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains A, B, S, T, R that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.