Words containing a, b, s, o, r
5 letter words containing a, b, s, o, r
- boras — a city in SW Sweden, chiefly producing textiles. Pop: 98 831 (2004 est)
6 letter words containing a, b, s, o, r
- abhors — to regard with extreme repugnance or aversion; detest utterly; loathe; abominate.
- absorb — If something absorbs a liquid, gas, or other substance, it soaks it up or takes it in.
- adorbs — Informal. very cute; adorable.
- adsorb — to undergo or cause to undergo a process in which a substance, usually a gas, accumulates on the surface of a solid forming a thin film, often only one molecule thick
- barons — a member of the lowest grade of nobility.
7 letter words containing a, b, s, o, r
- abortus — an aborted human fetus, esp one that is less than 12 weeks old or weighs less than 17 oz
- ambrose — Saint. ?340–397 ad, bishop of Milan; built up the secular power of the early Christian Church; also wrote music and Latin hymns. Feast day: Dec 7 or April 4
- barotse — a member of a Negroid people of central Africa living chiefly in SW Zambia
- barrios — Justo Rufino [hoo-staw roo-fee-naw] /ˈhu stɔ ruˈfi nɔ/ (Show IPA), 1835–85, Guatemalan statesman: president of Guatemala 1873–85.
- barstow — a city in S California.
8 letter words containing a, b, s, o, r
- abrasion — An abrasion is an area on a person's body where the skin has been scraped.
- absolver — to free from guilt or blame or their consequences: The court absolved her of guilt in his death.
- absorbed — If you are absorbed in something or someone, you are very interested in them and they take up all your attention and energy.
- absorber — a person or thing that absorbs
- acarbose — a type of diabetes medicine taken orally to slow and reduce the supply of glucose to the blood.
9 letter words containing a, b, s, o, r
- abortuses — immature placental or fetal tissue prematurely passed or curetted.
- absconder — to depart in a sudden and secret manner, especially to avoid capture and legal prosecution: The cashier absconded with the money.
- absorbent — Absorbent material soaks up liquid easily.
- absorbing — An absorbing task or activity interests you a great deal and takes up all your attention and energy.
- adsorbate — a substance that has been or is to be adsorbed on a surface
10 letter words containing a, b, s, o, r
- abbotsford — estate (1812-32) of Sir Walter Scott, on the Tweed in SE Scotland
- aborigines — one of the original or earliest known inhabitants of a country or region.
- absolutory — giving absolution.
- absorbable — to suck up or drink in (a liquid); soak up: A sponge absorbs water.
- absorbance — a measure of the light-absorbing ability of an object, expressed as the logarithm to base 10 of the reciprocal of the internal transmittance
11 letter words containing a, b, s, o, r
- abortionist — An abortionist is someone who performs abortions, usually illegally.
- absorptance — a measure of the ability of an object to absorb radiation, equal to the ratio of the absorbed radiant flux to the incident flux. For a layer of material the ratio of the flux absorbed between the entry and exit surfaces of the layer to the flux leaving the entry surface is the internal absorptance
- abstraction — An abstraction is a general idea rather than one relating to a particular object, person, or situation.
- abstriction — the separation and release of a mature spore from a sporophore by the formation of a septum. This process occurs in some fungi
- ambassadors — a novel (1903) by Henry James.
12 letter words containing a, b, s, o, r
- absorptivity — a measure of the ability of a material to absorb radiation, equal to the internal absorptance of a homogeneous layer of the material under conditions in which the path of the radiation has unit length and the boundaries of the layer have no influence
- adorableness — very attractive or delightful; charming: What an adorable hat!
- aeroembolism — an embolism of air bubbles often caused by surgery, induced abortion, or decompression sickness
- afro-british — of or relating to British people of African descent
- agrobusiness — the businesses collectively associated with the production, processing, and distribution of agricultural products.
13 letter words containing a, b, s, o, r
- aaron's-beard — rose of Sharon (def 2).
- abbreviations — a shortened or contracted form of a word or phrase, used to represent the whole, as Dr. for Doctor, U.S. for United States, lb. for pound.
- abnormalities — an abnormal condition, state, or quality; irregularity; deviation.
- absorbability — to suck up or drink in (a liquid); soak up: A sponge absorbs water.
- ambassadorial — Ambassadorial means belonging or relating to an ambassador.
14 letter words containing a, b, s, o, r
- absorbefacient — a medicine or other agent that promotes absorption
- absorptiometer — an instrument that measures absorption of light, esp by a solution
- absorptiometry — (chemistry) Analysis using an absorptiometer.
- abstractionism — the theory and practice of the abstract, esp of abstract art
- abstractionist — a person who produces abstract works of art.
15 letter words containing a, b, s, o, r
- ariboflavinosis — a condition resulting from a dietary deficiency of riboflavin
- basse-normandie — a region of NW France, on the English Channel: consists of the Cherbourg peninsula in the west rising to the Normandy hills in the east; mainly agricultural
- bioastronautics — the study of the effects of space flight on living organisms
- biostratigraphy — the examination of the ages of rock strata by using fossils
- brachistochrone — the curve between two points through which a body moves under the force of gravity in a shorter time than for any other curve; the path of quickest descent
16 letter words containing a, b, s, o, r
- across-the-board — applying to all employees, members, groups, or categories; general: The across-the-board pay increase means a raise for all employees.
- approachableness — capable of being approached; accessible.
- bachelor-at-arms — bachelor (def 4).
- ballast-resistor — Nautical. any heavy material carried temporarily or permanently in a vessel to provide desired draft and stability.
- binocular-fusion — the act or process of fusing; the state of being fused.
17 letter words containing a, b, s, o, r
- aerobic-exercises — Also called aerobic exercises. (used with a plural verb) any of various sustained exercises, as jogging, rowing, swimming, or cycling, that stimulate and strengthen the heart and lungs, thereby improving the body's utilization of oxygen.
- air-transportable — that can be transported by aircraft: air-transportable equipment.
- aircraft-observer — someone or something that observes.
- assyro-babylonian — of or relating to Assyria and Babylonia.
- bachelor's-button — any of various plants with round flower heads, especially the cornflower.
18 letter words containing a, b, s, o, r
- bachelor's-buttons — any of various plants of the daisy family with button-like flower heads
- ballistocardiogram — a tracing made by a ballistocardiograph
- battleground-state — a state of the U.S. in which the Democratic and Republican candidates both have a good chance of winning and that is considered key to the outcome of a presidential election: the swing states of Ohio and Indiana.
- biodiversification — the process by which the diversity of plants or animals develops or is increased within a particular region or group of organisms.
- bioinstrumentation — the use of instruments, as sensors, to detect and measure certain body functions, as of persons in spaceflight, and transmit the data to a point where it is evaluated
19 letter words containing a, b, s, o, r
- aldridge-brownhills — a town in central England, in Walsall unitary authority, West Midlands: formed by the amalgamation of neighbouring towns in 1966. Pop: 35 525 (2001)
- ambassador-at-large — an ambassador with special duties who may be sent to more than one government
- angels-on-horseback — a savoury of oysters wrapped in bacon slices and served on toast
- anti-prohibitionist — a person who favors or advocates prohibition.
- ballistocardiograph — an instrument that records the slight recoil of the body, while on a special bed, caused by the contractions of the heart: used to measure cardiac pumping power and the elasticity of the aorta
20 letter words containing a, b, s, o, r
- potassium-bitartrate — a white, crystalline, water-soluble powder, C 4 H 5 KO 6 , used chiefly as an ingredient in baking powders and in galvanic tinning of metals. Also called potassium bitartrate, potassium acid tartrate. Compare tartar (def 3).
- semiautobiographical — pertaining to or being a fictionalized account of an author's own life.
- spontaneous-abortion — Also called voluntary abortion. the removal of an embryo or fetus from the uterus in order to end a pregnancy.
21 letter words containing a, b, s, o, r
22 letter words containing a, b, s, o, r
- carboxymethylcellulose — a white, water-soluble polymer derived from cellulose, used as a coating and sizing for paper and textiles, a stabilizer for various foods, and an appetite suppressor.
24 letter words containing a, b, s, o, r
27 letter words containing a, b, s, o, r
- introgressive-hybridization — the introduction of genes from one species into the gene pool of another species, occurring when matings between the two produce fertile hybrids.
On this page, we collect all words with A, B, S, O, R. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 4647 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains A, B, S, O, R that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.