Words containing a, b, s, o
4 letter words containing a, b, s, o
- asbo — An ASBO is a legal order restricting the activities or movements of someone who has repeatedly behaved in a way that upsets or annoys other people. ASBO is an abbreviation for 'anti-social behaviour order'.
- boas — Franz (frants). 1858–1942, US anthropologist, born in Germany. He made major contributions to cultural and linguistic anthropology in studies of North American Indians, including The Mind of Primitive Man (1911; 1938)
5 letter words containing a, b, s, o
- basho — a grand tournament in sumo wrestling
- bason — a basin.
- basov — Nikolai Gennediyevich (nikaˈlaj ɡjiˈnadjejivitʃ). 1922–2001, Russian physicist: shared the Nobel prize for physics (1964) for his pioneering work on the maser
- basso — (esp in operatic or solo singing) a singer with a bass voice
- boast — If someone boasts about something that they have done or that they own, they talk about it very proudly, in a way that other people may find irritating or offensive.
6 letter words containing a, b, s, o
- abhors — to regard with extreme repugnance or aversion; detest utterly; loathe; abominate.
- aboves — in, at, or to a higher place.
- absorb — If something absorbs a liquid, gas, or other substance, it soaks it up or takes it in.
- abydos — an ancient town in central Egypt: site of many temples and tombs
- adorbs — Informal. very cute; adorable.
7 letter words containing a, b, s, o
- abelson — Philip. 1913–2004, US physical chemist. He created (with Edwin McMillan) the first transuranic element, neptunium (1940)
- abioses — the absence or lack of life; a nonviable state.
- abiosis — absence of life
- abolish — If someone in authority abolishes a system or practice, they formally put an end to it.
- abortus — an aborted human fetus, esp one that is less than 12 weeks old or weighs less than 17 oz
8 letter words containing a, b, s, o
- abalones — a large mollusk of the genus Haliotis, having a bowllike shell bearing a row of respiratory holes, the flesh of which is used for food and the shell for ornament and as a source of mother-of-pearl.
- abelmosk — a tropical bushy malvaceous plant, Hibiscus abelmoschus, cultivated for its yellow-and-crimson flowers and for its musk-scented seeds, which yield an oil used in perfumery
- abomasum — the fourth and last compartment of the stomach of ruminants, which receives and digests food from the psalterium and passes it on to the small intestine
- abomasus — abomasum.
- abrasion — An abrasion is an area on a person's body where the skin has been scraped.
9 letter words containing a, b, s, o
- abortuses — immature placental or fetal tissue prematurely passed or curetted.
- abscondee — a person who absconds; absconder.
- absconder — to depart in a sudden and secret manner, especially to avoid capture and legal prosecution: The cashier absconded with the money.
- absolutes — free from imperfection; complete; perfect: absolute liberty.
- absolvent — a person who absolves
10 letter words containing a, b, s, o
- abaptiston — Surgery. a cone-shaped trephine designed to avoid penetration of the brain when incising the skull.
- abbotsford — estate (1812-32) of Sir Walter Scott, on the Tweed in SE Scotland
- abdominals — You can refer to your abdominal muscles as your abdominals when you are talking about exercise.
- abdominous — pot-bellied
- aborigines — one of the original or earliest known inhabitants of a country or region.
11 letter words containing a, b, s, o
- abiogenesis — the hypothetical process by which living organisms first arose on earth from nonliving matter
- abolishment — to do away with; put an end to; annul; make void: to abolish slavery.
- abortionist — An abortionist is someone who performs abortions, usually illegally.
- abscondence — secret concealment or seclusion, or the action of absconding
- absolutists — the principle or the exercise of complete and unrestricted power in government.
12 letter words containing a, b, s, o
- abolitionism — the principle or policy of abolition, especially of slavery of blacks in the U.S.
- abolitionist — An abolitionist is someone who campaigns for the abolition of a particular system or practice.
- absoluteness — the quality of being absolute
- absolutistic — relating to absolutism or absolutists
- absorptivity — a measure of the ability of a material to absorb radiation, equal to the internal absorptance of a homogeneous layer of the material under conditions in which the path of the radiation has unit length and the boundaries of the layer have no influence
13 letter words containing a, b, s, o
- aaron's-beard — rose of Sharon (def 2).
- abbreviations — a shortened or contracted form of a word or phrase, used to represent the whole, as Dr. for Doctor, U.S. for United States, lb. for pound.
- abnormalities — an abnormal condition, state, or quality; irregularity; deviation.
- abolitionists — (especially prior to the Civil War) a person who advocated or supported the abolition of slavery in the U.S.
- absorbability — to suck up or drink in (a liquid); soak up: A sponge absorbs water.
14 letter words containing a, b, s, o
- abdominoplasty — the surgical removal of excess skin and fat from the abdomen
- absorbefacient — a medicine or other agent that promotes absorption
- absorptiometer — an instrument that measures absorption of light, esp by a solution
- absorptiometry — (chemistry) Analysis using an absorptiometer.
- absquatulation — to flee; abscond: The old prospector absquatulated with our picks and shovel.
15 letter words containing a, b, s, o
- acousticophobia — Fear of noise.
- ariboflavinosis — a condition resulting from a dietary deficiency of riboflavin
- balanoposthitis — An inflammation of the glans penis and the prepuce.
- basidiomycetous — belonging or pertaining to the basidiomycetes.
- basse-normandie — a region of NW France, on the English Channel: consists of the Cherbourg peninsula in the west rising to the Normandy hills in the east; mainly agricultural
16 letter words containing a, b, s, o
- abdominocentesis — (surgery) Extraction of peritoneal fluid from the abdomen for evaluation, using a trocar.
- accountabilities — the state of being accountable, liable, or answerable.
- across-the-board — applying to all employees, members, groups, or categories; general: The across-the-board pay increase means a raise for all employees.
- actinobacillosis — a disease of cattle and sheep, caused by infection with an Actinobacillus lignieresii and characterized by soft tissue lesions, esp of the tongue
- approachableness — capable of being approached; accessible.
17 letter words containing a, b, s, o
- aerobic-exercises — Also called aerobic exercises. (used with a plural verb) any of various sustained exercises, as jogging, rowing, swimming, or cycling, that stimulate and strengthen the heart and lungs, thereby improving the body's utilization of oxygen.
- air-transportable — that can be transported by aircraft: air-transportable equipment.
- aircraft-observer — someone or something that observes.
- ashby-de-la-zouch — a town in central England, in Leicestershire: Mary, Queen of Scots, was imprisoned (1569) in the castle. Pop: 11 409 (2001)
- assyro-babylonian — of or relating to Assyria and Babylonia.
18 letter words containing a, b, s, o
- bachelor's-buttons — any of various plants of the daisy family with button-like flower heads
- ballistocardiogram — a tracing made by a ballistocardiograph
- battleground-state — a state of the U.S. in which the Democratic and Republican candidates both have a good chance of winning and that is considered key to the outcome of a presidential election: the swing states of Ohio and Indiana.
- biodiversification — the process by which the diversity of plants or animals develops or is increased within a particular region or group of organisms.
- bioinstrumentation — the use of instruments, as sensors, to detect and measure certain body functions, as of persons in spaceflight, and transmit the data to a point where it is evaluated
19 letter words containing a, b, s, o
- aldridge-brownhills — a town in central England, in Walsall unitary authority, West Midlands: formed by the amalgamation of neighbouring towns in 1966. Pop: 35 525 (2001)
- ambassador-at-large — an ambassador with special duties who may be sent to more than one government
- angels-on-horseback — a savoury of oysters wrapped in bacon slices and served on toast
- anti-prohibitionist — a person who favors or advocates prohibition.
- ballistocardiograph — an instrument that records the slight recoil of the body, while on a special bed, caused by the contractions of the heart: used to measure cardiac pumping power and the elasticity of the aorta
22 letter words containing a, b, s, o
- carboxymethylcellulose — a white, water-soluble polymer derived from cellulose, used as a coating and sizing for paper and textiles, a stabilizer for various foods, and an appetite suppressor.
24 letter words containing a, b, s, o
On this page, we collect all words with A, B, S, O. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 7540 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains A, B, S, O that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.