Words containing a, b, s, c
4 letter words containing a, b, s, c
5 letter words containing a, b, s, c
- abc's — The ABC's of a subject or activity are the parts of it that you have to learn first because they are the most important and basic.
- backs — a large tub, vat, or cistern used by dyers, brewers, distillers, etc., to hold liquids.
- basic — You use basic to describe things, activities, and principles that are very important or necessary, and on which others depend.
- cambs — Cambridgeshire
- carbs — carbohydrate.
6 letter words containing a, b, s, c
- abacus — An abacus is a frame used for counting. It has rods with sliding beads on them.
- abscam — the code name for an FBI investigation (1978–80) of bribery, involving members of Congress.
- barsac — a sweet French white wine produced around the town of Barsac in the Gironde
- basics — The basics of something are its simplest, most important elements, ideas, or principles, in contrast to more complicated or detailed ones.
- basuco — a highly addictive drug consisting of low-grade cocaine mixed with coca paste and other substances, often cannabis
7 letter words containing a, b, s, c
8 letter words containing a, b, s, c
- abaculus — abaciscus.
- abducens — abducens nerve.
- abscissa — the horizontal or x-coordinate of a point in a two-dimensional system of Cartesian coordinates. It is the distance from the y-axis measured parallel to the x-axis
- absences — state of being away or not being present: I acted as supervisor in his absence. Your absence was noted on the records.
- abstract — An abstract idea or way of thinking is based on general ideas rather than on real things and events.
9 letter words containing a, b, s, c
- abaciscus — Architecture. a small abacus.
- abscessed — a localized collection of pus in the tissues of the body, often accompanied by swelling and inflammation and frequently caused by bacteria.
- abscissae — (in plane Cartesian coordinates) the x-coordinate of a point: its distance from the y-axis measured parallel to the x-axis.
- abscondee — a person who absconds; absconder.
- absconder — to depart in a sudden and secret manner, especially to avoid capture and legal prosecution: The cashier absconded with the money.
10 letter words containing a, b, s, c
- abscission — the separation of leaves, branches, flowers, and bark from plants by the formation of an abscission layer
- absconding — running away, esp from an open prison or to avoid prosecution or punishment
- absorbance — a measure of the light-absorbing ability of an object, expressed as the logarithm to base 10 of the reciprocal of the internal transmittance
- absorbancy — absorbance
- absorbency — capable of absorbing heat, light, moisture, etc.; tending to absorb.
11 letter words containing a, b, s, c
- aberrancies — departing from the right, normal, or usual course.
- abscondence — secret concealment or seclusion, or the action of absconding
- absorptance — a measure of the ability of an object to absorb radiation, equal to the ratio of the absorbed radiant flux to the incident flux. For a layer of material the ratio of the flux absorbed between the entry and exit surfaces of the layer to the flux leaving the entry surface is the internal absorptance
- abstracting — thought of apart from concrete realities, specific objects, or actual instances: an abstract idea.
- abstraction — An abstraction is a general idea rather than one relating to a particular object, person, or situation.
12 letter words containing a, b, s, c
- absolutistic — relating to absolutism or absolutists
- abstractedly — lost in thought; deeply engrossed or preoccupied.
- abstractness — the quality of being abstract as opposed to concrete
- ambisyllabic — (of a single speech sound or cluster) shared phonetically by two contiguous syllables, as the single n -sound of any or the pl -cluster of grappling.
- amphiblastic — (of animal ova) showing complete but unequal cleavage after fertilization
13 letter words containing a, b, s, c
- abyssopelagic — referring to or occurring in the region of deep water above the floor of the ocean
- accessibility — easy to approach, reach, enter, speak with, or use.
- antiballistic — of or relating to defence against ballistic weapons
- antiscorbutic — preventing or curing scurvy
- archbishopric — the rank, office, or jurisdiction of an archbishop
14 letter words containing a, b, s, c
- absorbefacient — a medicine or other agent that promotes absorption
- abstractionism — the theory and practice of the abstract, esp of abstract art
- abstractionist — a person who produces abstract works of art.
- accomplishable — to bring to its goal or conclusion; carry out; perform; finish: to accomplish one's mission.
- actinobacillus — a bacillus causing disease in animals
15 letter words containing a, b, s, c
- acousticophobia — Fear of noise.
- bait-and-switch — denoting a deceptive method of selling, by which customers, attracted to a store by sale items, are told either that the advertised bargain item is out of stock or is inferior to a higher-priced item that is available.
- basidiomycetous — belonging or pertaining to the basidiomycetes.
- belt-and-braces — providing double security, in case one security measure should fail
- bioastronautics — the study of the effects of space flight on living organisms
16 letter words containing a, b, s, c
- abdominocentesis — (surgery) Extraction of peritoneal fluid from the abdomen for evaluation, using a trocar.
- accountabilities — the state of being accountable, liable, or answerable.
- across-the-board — applying to all employees, members, groups, or categories; general: The across-the-board pay increase means a raise for all employees.
- actinobacillosis — a disease of cattle and sheep, caused by infection with an Actinobacillus lignieresii and characterized by soft tissue lesions, esp of the tongue
- adjustable-pitch — (of a marine or aircraft propeller) having blades whose pitch can be changed while the propeller is stationary, chiefly to suit various conditions of navigation or flight.
17 letter words containing a, b, s, c
- aerobic-exercises — Also called aerobic exercises. (used with a plural verb) any of various sustained exercises, as jogging, rowing, swimming, or cycling, that stimulate and strengthen the heart and lungs, thereby improving the body's utilization of oxygen.
- aircraft-observer — someone or something that observes.
- ashby-de-la-zouch — a town in central England, in Leicestershire: Mary, Queen of Scots, was imprisoned (1569) in the castle. Pop: 11 409 (2001)
- axis-of-abscissas — x-axis (def 1).
- bachelor's-button — any of various plants with round flower heads, especially the cornflower.
18 letter words containing a, b, s, c
- bachelor's-buttons — any of various plants of the daisy family with button-like flower heads
- ballistocardiogram — a tracing made by a ballistocardiograph
- bankers-acceptance — a draft or bill of exchange that a bank has accepted. Abbreviation: BA. Also called banker's acceptance. Compare acceptance (def 6).
- biodiversification — the process by which the diversity of plants or animals develops or is increased within a particular region or group of organisms.
- bronchocandidiasis — See under candidiasis.
19 letter words containing a, b, s, c
- angels-on-horseback — a savoury of oysters wrapped in bacon slices and served on toast
- ballistocardiograph — an instrument that records the slight recoil of the body, while on a special bed, caused by the contractions of the heart: used to measure cardiac pumping power and the elasticity of the aorta
- chromoblastomycosis — Long-term fungal infection of the skin and subcutaneous tissue.
- devils-on-horseback — a savoury of prunes wrapped in bacon slices and served on toast
- dutchman's-breeches — a plant, Dicentra cucullaria, of the fumitory family, having long clusters of pale-yellow, two-spurred flowers.
22 letter words containing a, b, s, c
- carboxymethylcellulose — a white, water-soluble polymer derived from cellulose, used as a coating and sizing for paper and textiles, a stabilizer for various foods, and an appetite suppressor.
24 letter words containing a, b, s, c
- black-english-vernacular — Also called African American Vernacular English, African American English, Afro-American English, Black English Vernacular, Black Vernacular English.a dialect of American English characterized by pronunciations, syntactic structures, and vocabulary associated with and used by some North American black people and exhibiting a wide variety and range of forms varying in the extent to which they differ from standard English.
- dibasic-sodium-phosphate — Also called monobasic sodium phosphate. a white, crystalline, slightly hygroscopic, water-soluble powder, NaH 2 PO 4 , used chiefly in dyeing and in electroplating.
- laryngotracheobronchitis — A respiratory disease, a form of croup.
27 letter words containing a, b, s, c
- publius-licinius-valerianus — (Publius Licinius Valerianus) died a.d. c260, Roman emperor 253–60.
On this page, we collect all words with A, B, S, C. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 5352 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains A, B, S, C that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.