Words containing a, b, o, r, t
5 letter words containing a, b, o, r, t
6 letter words containing a, b, o, r, t
- abator — a person who effects an abatement
- athrob — pulsing or throbbing
- bardot — Brigitte (briʒit). born 1934, French film actress and animal rights activist
- bartok — Béla (ˈbeːlɔ). 1881–1945, Hungarian composer, pianist, and collector of folk songs, by which his music was deeply influenced. His works include six string quartets, three piano concertos, several piano pieces including Mikrokosmos (1926–37), ballets (including The Miraculous Mandarin, 1919), and the opera Bluebeard's Castle (produced 1918)
- barton — a farmyard
7 letter words containing a, b, o, r, t
- abettor — a person who abets.
- ablator — the heat shield of a space vehicle, which melts or wears away during re-entry into the earth's atmosphere
- abortus — an aborted human fetus, esp one that is less than 12 weeks old or weighs less than 17 oz
- acrobat — a person noted for his frequent and rapid changes of position or allegiances
- aerobat — a person who performs spectacular or dangerous manoeuvres while in an aircraft
8 letter words containing a, b, o, r, t
- abattoir — An abattoir is a place where animals are killed in order to provide meat.
- abductor — any muscle that abducts (opposed to adductor).
- abortion — If a woman has an abortion, she ends her pregnancy deliberately so that the baby is not born alive.
- abortive — An abortive attempt or action is unsuccessful.
- abrogate — If someone in a position of authority abrogates something such as a law, agreement, or practice, they put an end to it.
9 letter words containing a, b, o, r, t
- abat-jour — a device, as a skylight or reflector, for diverting light into a building.
- abdicator — to renounce or relinquish a throne, right, power, claim, responsibility, or the like, especially in a formal manner: The aging founder of the firm decided to abdicate.
- abhorrent — If something is abhorrent to you, you hate it very much or consider it completely unacceptable.
- abnormity — lack of normality; a deviation from the usual or typical
- abortuary — a place where abortions are carried out
10 letter words containing a, b, o, r, t
- abbotsford — estate (1812-32) of Sir Walter Scott, on the Tweed in SE Scotland
- aberration — An aberration is an incident or way of behaving that is not typical.
- abiotrophy — the progressive degeneration of tissues, cells, etc
- abjuration — the act of abjuring.
- aborticide — the killing of an unborn fetus
11 letter words containing a, b, o, r, t
- abbreviator — to shorten (a word or phrase) by omitting letters, substituting shorter forms, etc., so that the shortened form can represent the whole word or phrase, as ft. for foot, ab. for about, R.I. for Rhode Island, NW for Northwest, or Xn for Christian.
- abhorrently — causing repugnance; detestable; loathsome: an abhorrent deed.
- ablutionary — a cleansing with water or other liquid, especially as a religious ritual.
- abnormality — An abnormality in something, especially in a person's body or behaviour, is an unusual part or feature of it that may be worrying or dangerous.
- abortionist — An abortionist is someone who performs abortions, usually illegally.
12 letter words containing a, b, o, r, t
- abbreviation — An abbreviation is a short form of a word or phrase, made by leaving out some of the letters or by using only the first letter of each word.
- abbreviatory — shortening
- aberrational — characterized by aberration
- abirritation — to make less irritable; soothe.
- absorptivity — a measure of the ability of a material to absorb radiation, equal to the internal absorptance of a homogeneous layer of the material under conditions in which the path of the radiation has unit length and the boundaries of the layer have no influence
13 letter words containing a, b, o, r, t
- abbreviations — a shortened or contracted form of a word or phrase, used to represent the whole, as Dr. for Doctor, U.S. for United States, lb. for pound.
- abnormalities — an abnormal condition, state, or quality; irregularity; deviation.
- aboriginality — the state of being Aboriginal, esp with regard to having a common Aboriginal culture
- abortifacient — causing abortion
- absorbability — to suck up or drink in (a liquid); soak up: A sponge absorbs water.
14 letter words containing a, b, o, r, t
- absorbefacient — a medicine or other agent that promotes absorption
- absorptiometer — an instrument that measures absorption of light, esp by a solution
- absorptiometry — (chemistry) Analysis using an absorptiometer.
- abstractionism — the theory and practice of the abstract, esp of abstract art
- abstractionist — a person who produces abstract works of art.
15 letter words containing a, b, o, r, t
- anteprohibition — before prohibition.
- anti-globalizer — a political activist who challenges the concept of globalization and promotes practices that do not cause environmental damage
- approachability — capable of being approached; accessible.
- barothermograph — an automatic instrument for recording pressure and temperature.
- bathythermogram — a record made by a bathythermograph.
16 letter words containing a, b, o, r, t
- across-the-board — applying to all employees, members, groups, or categories; general: The across-the-board pay increase means a raise for all employees.
- anti-prohibition — the act of prohibiting.
- autobiographical — An autobiographical piece of writing relates to events in the life of the person who has written it.
- bachelor-at-arms — bachelor (def 4).
- ballast-resistor — Nautical. any heavy material carried temporarily or permanently in a vessel to provide desired draft and stability.
17 letter words containing a, b, o, r, t
- air-transportable — that can be transported by aircraft: air-transportable equipment.
- aircraft-observer — someone or something that observes.
- bachelor's-button — any of various plants with round flower heads, especially the cornflower.
- bacteriorhodopsin — a purple protein containing retinal and found in the plasma membrane of certain bacteria (genus Halobacterium): it directly supplies electrochemical energy from sunlight
- biopharmaceutical — of or relating to drugs produced using biotechnology
18 letter words containing a, b, o, r, t
- abortion-on-demand — the right of a woman to have an abortion during the first six months of a pregnancy.
- arachibutyrophobia — Fear of peanut butter sticking to the roof of one's mouth.
- bachelor's-buttons — any of various plants of the daisy family with button-like flower heads
- ballistocardiogram — a tracing made by a ballistocardiograph
- battery-eliminator — a person or thing that eliminates.
19 letter words containing a, b, o, r, t
- ambassador-at-large — an ambassador with special duties who may be sent to more than one government
- anti-prohibitionist — a person who favors or advocates prohibition.
- bacteriochlorophyll — a pale blue-gray form of chlorophyll that is unique to the photosynthetic but anaerobic purple bacteria.
- ballistocardiograph — an instrument that records the slight recoil of the body, while on a special bed, caused by the contractions of the heart: used to measure cardiac pumping power and the elasticity of the aorta
- chromoblastomycosis — Long-term fungal infection of the skin and subcutaneous tissue.
20 letter words containing a, b, o, r, t
- abetalipoproteinemia — a rare inherited disorder of fat metabolism due to an inability to synthesize certain apolipoproteins necessary for the transport of triglycerides, leading to diarrhea, steatorrhea, and failure to thrive.
- acetylmethylcarbinol — acetoin.
- barothermohygrograph — an automatic instrument for recording pressure, temperature, and humidity.
- boulogne-billancourt — an industrial suburb of SW Paris. Pop: 106 367 (1999)
- meta-dichlorobenzene — a colorless liquid, C 6 H 4 Cl 2 , soluble in alcohol and ether: used as a fumigant and insecticide.
22 letter words containing a, b, o, r, t
- carboxymethylcellulose — a white, water-soluble polymer derived from cellulose, used as a coating and sizing for paper and textiles, a stabilizer for various foods, and an appetite suppressor.
23 letter words containing a, b, o, r, t
24 letter words containing a, b, o, r, t
27 letter words containing a, b, o, r, t
- introgressive-hybridization — the introduction of genes from one species into the gene pool of another species, occurring when matings between the two produce fertile hybrids.
32 letter words containing a, b, o, r, t
- democratic-republic-of-the-congo — People's Republic of the, a republic in central Africa, W of the Democratic Republic of the Congo: formerly an overseas territory in French Equatorial Africa; now an independent member of the French Community. 132,046 sq. mi. (341,999 sq. km). Capital: Brazzaville. Formerly French Congo, Middle Congo.
On this page, we collect all words with A, B, O, R, T. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 5923 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains A, B, O, R, T that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.