Words containing a, b, e, r
4 letter words containing a, b, e, r
5 letter words containing a, b, e, r
- abler — having necessary power, skill, resources, or qualifications; qualified: able to lift a two-hundred-pound weight; able to write music; able to travel widely; able to vote.
- abner — a masculine name
- acerb — bitter or sour
- amber — Amber is a hard yellowish-brown substance used for making jewellery.
- arber — Werner. born 1929, Swiss microbiologist, noted for his work on restriction enzymes. Nobel prize for physiology or medicine 1978
6 letter words containing a, b, e, r
- abaser — a person who abases
- abider — to remain; continue; stay: Abide with me.
- abjure — If you abjure something such as a belief or way of life, you state publicly that you will give it up or that you reject it.
- abrade — To abrade something means to scrape or wear down its surface by rubbing it.
- abuser — to use wrongly or improperly; misuse: to abuse one's authority.
7 letter words containing a, b, e, r
- abbrev. — abbreviation
- abelard — Peter. French name Pierre Abélard. 1079–1142, French scholastic philosopher and theologian whose works include Historia Calamitatum and Sic et Non (1121). His love for Héloïse is recorded in their correspondence
- aberfan — a former coal-mining village in S Wales, in Merthyr Tydfil county borough: scene of a disaster in 1966 when a slag heap collapsed onto part of the village killing 144 people (including 116 children)
- abetter — a person who abets.
- abettor — a person who abets.
8 letter words containing a, b, e, r
- abampere — the cgs unit of current in the electromagnetic system; the constant current that, when flowing through two parallel straight infinitely long conductors 1 centimetre apart, will produce a force between them of 2 dynes per centimetre: equivalent to 10 amperes
- aberdare — a town in South Wales, in Rhondda Cynon Taff county borough. Pop: 31 705 (2001)
- aberdeen — a city in NE Scotland, on the North Sea: centre for processing North Sea oil and gas; university (1494). Pop: 184 788 (2001)
- aberrant — Aberrant means unusual and not socially acceptable.
- abhorred — to regard with extreme repugnance or aversion; detest utterly; loathe; abominate.
9 letter words containing a, b, e, r
10 letter words containing a, b, e, r
- abacterial — not caused by or characterized by the presence of bacteria
- abbreviate — If you abbreviate something, especially a word or a piece of writing, you make it shorter.
- abdelkader — ?1807–83, Algerian nationalist, who resisted the French invasion of Algeria and established (1837) an independent state. He surrendered to the French in 1847
- aberdevine — a former name for the siskin, when kept as a cagebird
- aberdonian — a native or inhabitant of Aberdeen
11 letter words containing a, b, e, r
- abandonware — computer software which is no longer sold or supported by its publisher
- abbreviated — made into a shorter form
- abbreviator — to shorten (a word or phrase) by omitting letters, substituting shorter forms, etc., so that the shortened form can represent the whole word or phrase, as ft. for foot, ab. for about, R.I. for Rhode Island, NW for Northwest, or Xn for Christian.
- abd-el-krim — 1882–1963, Moroccan chief who led revolts against Spain and France, surrendered before their combined forces in 1926, but later formed the North African independence movement
- abderhalden — Emil [ey-meel] /ˈeɪ mil/ (Show IPA), 1877–1950, Swiss chemist and physiologist.
12 letter words containing a, b, e, r
- a-number-one — noting a vessel regarded by a shipping-classification society as being equipped to the highest standard and with equipment maintained in first-class condition.
- abbreviation — An abbreviation is a short form of a word or phrase, made by leaving out some of the letters or by using only the first letter of each word.
- abbreviatory — shortening
- abd-el-kadir — 1807?–83, Algerian leader.
- aberrational — characterized by aberration
13 letter words containing a, b, e, r
- aaron's-beard — rose of Sharon (def 2).
- abbreviations — a shortened or contracted form of a word or phrase, used to represent the whole, as Dr. for Doctor, U.S. for United States, lb. for pound.
- aberdeenshire — a council area and historical county of N Scotland, on the North Sea: became part of Grampian Region in 1975 but reinstated as an independent unitary authority (with adjusted borders) in 1996: rises to the Grampian and Cairngorm Mountains in the SW: chiefly agricultural (esp sheep and stock raising). Administrative centre: Aberdeen. Pop: 229 330 (2003 est). Area 6319 sq km (2439 sq miles)
- abnormalities — an abnormal condition, state, or quality; irregularity; deviation.
- abortifacient — causing abortion
14 letter words containing a, b, e, r
- absorbefacient — a medicine or other agent that promotes absorption
- absorptiometer — an instrument that measures absorption of light, esp by a solution
- absorptiometry — (chemistry) Analysis using an absorptiometer.
- aeroballistics — the ballistics of projectiles dropped, launched, or fired from aircraft
- afro-caribbean — Afro-Caribbean refers to people from the Caribbean whose ancestors came from Africa.
15 letter words containing a, b, e, r
- anteprohibition — before prohibition.
- anti-globalizer — a political activist who challenges the concept of globalization and promotes practices that do not cause environmental damage
- anti-liberalism — the quality or state of being liberal, as in behavior or attitude.
- anti-republican — of, relating to, or of the nature of a republic.
- barothermograph — an automatic instrument for recording pressure and temperature.
16 letter words containing a, b, e, r
- across-the-board — applying to all employees, members, groups, or categories; general: The across-the-board pay increase means a raise for all employees.
- approachableness — capable of being approached; accessible.
- babe-in-a-cradle — a tall orchid, Epiblema grandiflorum, of SW Australia with lilac to mauve flowers
- bachelor-at-arms — bachelor (def 4).
- ballast-resistor — Nautical. any heavy material carried temporarily or permanently in a vessel to provide desired draft and stability.
17 letter words containing a, b, e, r
- aerobic-exercises — Also called aerobic exercises. (used with a plural verb) any of various sustained exercises, as jogging, rowing, swimming, or cycling, that stimulate and strengthen the heart and lungs, thereby improving the body's utilization of oxygen.
- air-transportable — that can be transported by aircraft: air-transportable equipment.
- aircraft-observer — someone or something that observes.
- anti-bureaucratic — of, relating to, or characteristic of a bureaucrat or a bureaucracy; arbitrary and routine.
- bachelor's-button — any of various plants with round flower heads, especially the cornflower.
18 letter words containing a, b, e, r
- abortion-on-demand — the right of a woman to have an abortion during the first six months of a pregnancy.
- bachelor's-buttons — any of various plants of the daisy family with button-like flower heads
- bankers-acceptance — a draft or bill of exchange that a bank has accepted. Abbreviation: BA. Also called banker's acceptance. Compare acceptance (def 6).
- bats-in-the-belfry — a hairy Eurasian campanulaceous plant, Campanula trachelium, with bell-shaped blue-purple flowers
- battery-eliminator — a person or thing that eliminates.
19 letter words containing a, b, e, r
- aldridge-brownhills — a town in central England, in Walsall unitary authority, West Midlands: formed by the amalgamation of neighbouring towns in 1966. Pop: 35 525 (2001)
- ambassador-at-large — an ambassador with special duties who may be sent to more than one government
- angels-on-horseback — a savoury of oysters wrapped in bacon slices and served on toast
- bacteriochlorophyll — a pale blue-gray form of chlorophyll that is unique to the photosynthetic but anaerobic purple bacteria.
20 letter words containing a, b, e, r
- abetalipoproteinemia — a rare inherited disorder of fat metabolism due to an inability to synthesize certain apolipoproteins necessary for the transport of triglycerides, leading to diarrhea, steatorrhea, and failure to thrive.
- acetylmethylcarbinol — acetoin.
- balled-and-burlapped — of or relating to a tree, shrub, or other plant prepared for transplanting by allowing the roots to remain covered by a ball of soil around which canvas or burlap is tied.
- barothermohygrograph — an automatic instrument for recording pressure, temperature, and humidity.
22 letter words containing a, b, e, r
- antiestablishmentarian — a person who supports or advocates antiestablishmentarianism.
25 letter words containing a, b, e, r
28 letter words containing a, b, e, r
- antidisestablishmentarianism — opposition to the withdrawal of state support or recognition from an established church, especially the Anglican Church in 19th-century England.
29 letter words containing a, b, e, r
- arabian-nights-entertainments — a collection of Eastern folk tales derived in part from Indian and Persian sources and dating from the 10th century a.d.
On this page, we collect all words with A, B, E, R. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 15357 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains A, B, E, R that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.