Sentences with previous
- She has a teenage daughter from a previous marriage.
- It was a surprisingly dry day after the rain of the previous week.
- Previous generally implies a coming before in time or order [a previous encounter]; prior adds to this a connotation of greater importance or claim as a result of being first [a prior commitment]; preceding, esp. when used with the definite article, implies a coming immediately before [the preceding night]; antecedent adds to the meaning of , previous a connotation of direct causal relationship with what follows [events antecedent to the war]; forego1 verb transitive applies specif. to something previously said or written [the foregoing examples]; former1 always connotes comparison, stated or implied, with what follows (termed latter)
- The previous owner.
- Aren't you a little previous with that request?
- Previous to moving here she lived in Chicago.