Sentences with acquaintance
- The proprietor was an old acquaintance of his. [+ of]
- ...a writer who becomes involved in a real murder mystery through his acquaintance with a police officer. [+ with]
- Tony Wright An old fellow of your correspondent's acquaintance never held much truck with organised religion.
- However, just this week I renewed my acquaintance with Steam, which I first set up in December 2004 when my wife bought me Half-Life 2 for xmas.
- They had little or no acquaintance with philosophy or history. [+ with]
- An intimate acquaintance with the plays of Jonson
- While he has some acquaintance with the subject, he is not an expert.
- She struck up an acquaintance with a man from the city.
- I know of the man; but have no acquaintance with him.
- As far as I know, no one of my acquaintance has traveled around the world.
- She ran into an old acquaintance at the grocery store.
- A good acquaintance with French wines.