Words starting with ye
2 letter words starting with ye
3 letter words starting with ye
4 letter words starting with ye
- yead — (dialect) head.
- yeah — yes.
- yean — (of a sheep or goat) to bring forth young.
- yeap — Alternative spelling of yep.
- year — a period of 365 or 366 days, in the Gregorian calendar, divided into 12 calendar months, now reckoned as beginning Jan. 1 and ending Dec. 31 (calendar year or civil year) Compare common year, leap year.
5 letter words starting with ye
- ye-ye — of, relating to, or characteristic of the rock-'n'-roll music, fashions, entertainment, etc., of the 1960s, especially in France.
- yealm — to prepare (straw) for thatching
- yeans — Third-person singular simple present indicative form of yean.
- yeard — (archaic) Alternative form of yard.
- yeare — Obsolete spelling of year.
6 letter words starting with ye
- yeadon — a city in SE Pennsylvania.
- yeager — Charles (Elwood) ("Chuck") born 1923, U.S. aviator and test pilot: the first person to fly faster than the speed of sound (1947).
- yeaned — Simple past tense and past participle of yean.
- yearly — pertaining to a year or to each year.
- yearne — Obsolete spelling of yarn.
7 letter words starting with ye
8 letter words starting with ye
- yeanling — the young of a sheep or goat; a lamb or kid.
- year-end — year's end; the end of a calendar year.
- yearbook — a book published annually, containing information, statistics, etc., about the past year: an encyclopedia yearbook.
- yeardley — (Sir) George, 1587?–1627, English colonial governor of Virginia 1619–21, 1626–27.
- yearlies — Plural form of yearly.
9 letter words starting with ye
- year-long — Year-long is used to describe something that lasts for a year.
- yearbooks — Plural form of yearbook.
- yearlings — Plural form of yearling.
- yearnings — Plural form of yearning.
- yeastless — any of various small, single-celled fungi of the phylum Ascomycota that reproduce by fission or budding, the daughter cells often remaining attached, and that are capable of fermenting carbohydrates into alcohol and carbon dioxide.
10 letter words starting with ye
- year-round — continuing, active, operating, etc., throughout the year: a year-round vacation spot.
- yearningly — deep longing, especially when accompanied by tenderness or sadness: a widower's yearning for his wife.
- yeastiness — The state or condition of being yeasty.
- yellowback — (formerly) an inexpensive, often lurid, novel bound in yellow cloth or paper.
- yellowbird — British Dialect. any of various yellow or golden birds, as the golden oriole of Europe.
11 letter words starting with ye
- year-around — year-round.
- yellow-card — Soccer. a yellow card shown by the referee to a player being cautioned for a violation.
- yellowbelly — Slang. a person who is without courage, fortitude, or nerve; coward.
- yellowcress — Rorippa palustris, a flowering plant in the mustard family.
- yellowfinch — any of several tropical American finches of the genus Sicalis, most of which are bright yellow in color.
12 letter words starting with ye
- year-rounder — a person who is a year-round resident, as at a seasonal resort.
- yellow-belly — Slang. a person who is without courage, fortitude, or nerve; coward.
- yellow-green — a color containing both yellow and green.
- yellowhammer — a common European bunting, Emberiza citrinella, the male of which is marked with bright yellow.
- yellowjacket — (chiefly, US) A predatory wasp with alternating black and yellow stripes around the abdomen, usually of the genera Vespula or Dolichovespula.
13 letter words starting with ye
14 letter words starting with ye
- yekaterinoslav — a former name of Dnepropetrovsk.
- yellow-bellied — having a yellow abdomen or underside.
- yellow-bellied sapsucker — a woodpecker, Sphyrapicus varius, of eastern North America, having a red patch on the forehead and black and white plumage with a pale-yellow abdomen, and feeding on sap from trees.
- yellow-crowned night heron — any of several thick-billed, crepuscular or nocturnal herons of the genus Nycticorax and related genera, as N. nycticorax (black-crowned night heron) of the Old and New Worlds, and Nyctanassa violacea (yellow-crowned night heron) of America.
- yellow-shafted flicker — a North American woodpecker C. auratus, which has a yellow undersurface to the wings and tail
15 letter words starting with ye
- yellow-breasted chat — an American warbler, Icteria virens, having a yellow throat and breast and greenish-brown upper parts and noted for imitating the songs of other species.
- yellow-flowered gourd — the hard-shelled fruit of any of various plants, especially those of Lagenaria siceraria (white-flowered gourd or bottle gourd) whose dried shell is used for bowls and other utensils, and Cucurbita pepo (yellow-flowered gourd) used ornamentally. Compare gourd family.
- yellow-throated vireo — an olive-green vireo, Vireo flavifrons, of eastern North America, having a bright yellow throat and breast.
- yellow-throated warbler — a warbler, Dendroica dominica, of the eastern U.S., having a yellow throat and breast.
On this page, we collect all words starting with YE. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 378 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that beginning with YE. that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.