Words starting with x
1 letter words starting with x
- x — the 24th letter of the English alphabet, a consonant.
- x chromosome — a sex chromosome of humans and most mammals that determines femaleness when paired with another X chromosome and that occurs singly in males.
- x client — An application process in the X Window System. It gains access to windowing services via the Xlib library. These are translated by the system into X protocol messages to an X server.
- x consortium — A vendor consortium supporting development, evolution and maintenance of the X Window System. The X Consortium is an independent, not-for-profit company. It was formed in 1993 as the successor to the MIT X Consortium, a research group of the MIT Laboratory for Computer Science.
- x div — ex-dividend
2 letter words starting with x
- x2 — (protocol) A proprietary modem standard developed by US Robotics for 56 kbps communications. Not taken up as widely as K56flex and will shortly be superseded by the official V.90 standard.
- xa — Extended Architecture A specification for drives which can play CD-ROMs in Green book CD-ROM format.
- xc — A declarative extension of C++.
- xd — to cross out or mark with or as if with an x (often followed by out): to x out an error.
- xe — (nonstandard) they (singular). non-gloss definition Gender-neutral third-person singular subject pronoun, coordinate with gendered pronouns 'he' and 'she'.
3 letter words starting with x
- x'd — to cross out or mark with or as if with an x (often followed by out): to x out an error.
- x's — extra small
- x-1 — (language) An early system on the UNIVAC I or II.
- x-c — cross-country
- x.3 — The ITU-T standard, approved by ISO, which specifies the basic functions and user-selectable capabilities of a PAD.
4 letter words starting with x
- x-ed — to cross out or mark with or as if with an x (often followed by out): to x out an error.
- x.12 — (standard) The American equivalent of UN/EDIFACT and various other national and industry EDI messaging protocols. The first Y2K ready version of X.12 is version 4010.
- x.21 — (communications, standard) A digital signaling interface recommended by ITU-T that includes specifications for DTE/DCE physical interface elements, alignment of call control characters and error checking, elements of the call control phase for circuit switched services, data transfer at up to 2 Mbps, and test loops. 64 kbps is the most commonly used transfer rate.
- x.25 — (protocol, standard) An ITU-T standard protocol suite for the DTE-DCE interface in a packet-switched network, approved by ISO. X.25 defines standard physical layer, data link layer and network layers (layers 1 through 3). It was developed to describe how data passes into and out of public data communications networks. X.25 networks are in use throughout the world. Document: ISO 8208. Several other ITU-T recommendations are relevant to packet switching: X.3, X.28, X.29, X.75.
- x.28 — The ITU-T standard specifying how to control a PAD from character-mode DTE, approved by ISO.
5 letter words starting with x
- x-ray — Physics. Often, x-rays. a form of electromagnetic radiation, similar to light but of shorter wavelength and capable of penetrating solids and of ionizing gases. such radiation having wavelengths in the range of approximately 0.1–10 nm.
- x.208 — Abstract Syntax Notation 1
- x.209 — Basic Encoding Rules
- x.214 — transport layer
- x.215 — session layer
6 letter words starting with x
- x-axis — Also called axis of abscissas. (in a plane Cartesian coordinate system) the axis, usually horizontal, along which the abscissa is measured and from which the ordinate is measured.
- x-line — mean line.
- x-unit — a unit formerly used to express the wavelength of x-rays and gamma rays, equal to approximately 10− 11 cm. Abbreviation: Xu, XU.
- x-wave — extraordinary wave.
- xanadu — a place of great beauty, luxury, and contentment.
7 letter words starting with x
- x-rated — (of a motion picture) having a rating of X; intended for adults only.
- xantham — Alternative form of xanthan.
- xanthan — a water-soluble natural gum produced by the fermentation of sugar with certain microorganisms and used as a binder, extender, or stabilizer in foods and other products.
- xanthic — of or relating to a yellow or yellowish color.
- xanthin — the part of the coloring matter in yellow flowers that is insoluble in water. Compare xanthein.
8 letter words starting with x
- x-height — the height of a lowercase x.
- x-linked — of or relating to a trait controlled by a gene or genes on the X chromosome.
- xankāndi — capital of Nagorno-Karabakh: pop. 33,000
- xanthans — a water-soluble natural gum produced by the fermentation of sugar with certain microorganisms and used as a binder, extender, or stabilizer in foods and other products.
- xanthate — a salt or ester of xanthic acid.
9 letter words starting with x
10 letter words starting with x
- x-designer — (programming, tool) A user interface builder for Motif from Imperial Software Technology.
- xanthation — (chemistry) Conversion into a xanthate.
- xanthopsia — A visual defect, a form of chromatopsia in which everything appears yellow.
- xenarthral — having unusually jointed or articulated vertebrae
- xenobiotic — a chemical or substance that is foreign to an organism or biological system.
11 letter words starting with x
- x-irradiate — to expose to radiation in the form of x-rays.
- x-radiation — exposure to x-rays.
- x-stretcher — a stretcher having the form of an X .
- xanthinuria — An abnormally high level of xanthine in one's urine.
- xanthophore — a chromatophore containing a yellow pigment, as in some cold-blooded animals.
12 letter words starting with x
- x-chromosome — a sex chromosome of humans and most mammals that determines femaleness when paired with another X chromosome and that occurs singly in males.
- xanthochroia — a condition causing yellow patches on the skin similar to xanthoma
- xanthochroid — of, relating to, or designating races having light-coloured hair and a pale complexion
- xanthogenate — Xanthate.
- xanthomatous — of, relating to, or marked by xanthoma
13 letter words starting with x
- x-certificate — a film classification indicating a film that may not be publicly shown to anyone under 18. Since 1982 replaced by symbol 18
- xanthochroism — a condition in certain animals, esp aquarium goldfish, in which all skin pigments other than yellow and orange disappear
- xanthochroous — light-skinned and fair-haired
- xenodiagnosis — a method of diagnosing certain diseases caused by insects, ticks, or other vectors, by allowing uninfected vectors to feed on the patient and later examining them for infections.
- xenoestrogens — Plural form of xenoestrogen.
14 letter words starting with x
- xanthomelanous — of or relating to olive-skinned and dark-haired peoples, belonging to the Xanthomelanoi division
- xanthosiderite — a mineral, hydrous iron oxide, Fe 2 O 3 ⋅2H 2 O.
- xenobiological — Of or pertaining to xenobiology.
- xenodiagnostic — of or relating to xenodiagnosis
- xenophobically — relating to or exhibiting fear or hatred of foreigners, people from different cultures, or strangers.
15 letter words starting with x
- xenotransplants — Plural form of xenotransplant.
- xerographically — In a xerographic way; by xerography.
- xeroradiography — an x-ray utilizing a specially coated plate that allows a picture to be developed without the use of liquid chemicals.
- xylotypographic — involving or pertaining to xylotypography
16 letter words starting with x
- xenotransplanted — Transplanted by xenotransplantation.
19 letter words starting with x
- xenotransplantation — xenograft.
On this page, we collect all words starting with letter X. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 517 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that beginning with X. that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.