Words starting with well
4 letter words starting with well
- well — in a good or satisfactory manner: Business is going well.
- well acted — anything done, being done, or to be done; deed; performance: a heroic act.
- well advised — If someone says that you would be well advised to do a particular thing, they are advising you to do it.
- well and good — You say well and good or all well and good to indicate that you would be pleased if something happens but you are aware that it has some disadvantages.
- well and truly — If you say that something is well and truly finished, gone, or done, you are emphasizing that it is completely finished or gone, or thoroughly done.
5 letter words starting with well
6 letter words starting with well
- welled — a hole drilled or bored into the earth to obtain water, petroleum, natural gas, brine, or sulfur.
- weller — Thomas Huckle [huhk-uh l] /ˈhʌk əl/ (Show IPA), 1915–2008, U.S. physician: Nobel Prize in medicine 1954.
- welles — (George) Orson, 1915–85, U.S. actor, director, and producer.
- wellie — Usually, wellies. Wellington boot.
7 letter words starting with well
- welland — a city in SE Ontario, in S Canada, on the Welland Ship Canal.
- wellest — Superlative form of well.
- wellesz — Egon [ey-gohn] /ˈeɪ goʊn/ (Show IPA), 1885–1974, Austrian musicologist and composer.
- wellies — Usually, wellies. Wellington boot.
- welling — a hole drilled or bored into the earth to obtain water, petroleum, natural gas, brine, or sulfur.
8 letter words starting with well
- well-fed — fat; plump.
- well-led — simple past tense and past participle of lead1 .
- well-man — a healthy man who attends a clinic or surgery to ensure that his general health, lifestyle, and sexual performance are satisfactory
- well-met — (used as a salutation or part of a salutation).
- well-off — having sufficient money for comfortable living; well-to-do.
9 letter words starting with well
- well-aged — having lived or existed long; of advanced age; old: an aged man; an aged tree.
- well-born — born of a good, noble, or highly esteemed family.
- well-bred — well brought up; properly trained and educated: a well-bred boy.
- well-cast — to throw or hurl; fling: The gambler cast the dice.
- well-done — performed accurately and diligently; executed with skill and efficiency.
10 letter words starting with well
- well-acted — anything done, being done, or to be done; deed; performance: a heroic act.
- well-aimed — to position or direct (a firearm, ball, arrow, rocket, etc.) so that, on firing or release, the discharged projectile will hit a target or travel along a certain path.
- well-aired — a mixture of nitrogen, oxygen, and minute amounts of other gases that surrounds the earth and forms its atmosphere.
- well-armed — bearing firearms; having weapons: a heavily armed patrol.
- well-aware — having knowledge; conscious; cognizant: aware of danger.
11 letter words starting with well
- well-argued — to present reasons for or against a thing: He argued in favor of capital punishment.
- well-beaten — formed or shaped by blows; hammered: a dish of beaten brass.
- well-bonded — secured by or consisting of bonds: bonded debt.
- well-chosen — chosen with care, as for suitability or preciseness: He entered at a well-chosen moment.
- well-cooked — having been cooked with skill so as to be pleasant to eat
12 letter words starting with well
- well-adapted — to make suitable to requirements or conditions; adjust or modify fittingly: They adapted themselves to the change quickly. He adapted the novel for movies.
- well-advised — acting with caution, care, or wisdom: They would be well-advised to sell the stock now.
- well-attired — to dress, array, or adorn, especially for special occasions, ceremonials, etc.
- well-behaved — to act in a particular way; conduct or comport oneself or itself: The ship behaves well.
- well-beloved — loved deeply and sincerely: my well-beloved fiancé.
13 letter words starting with well
- well-accepted — generally approved; usually regarded as normal, right, etc.: an accepted pronunciation of a word; an accepted theory.
- well-adjusted — arranged or fitted properly: Properly adjusted shelving will accommodate books of various heights.
- well-affected — favourably disposed (towards); steadfast or loyal
- well-anchored — any of various devices dropped by a chain, cable, or rope to the bottom of a body of water for preventing or restricting the motion of a vessel or other floating object, typically having broad, hooklike arms that bury themselves in the bottom to provide a firm hold.
- well-answered — a spoken or written reply or response to a question, request, letter, etc.: He sent an answer to my letter promptly.
14 letter words starting with well
- well-addressed — a speech or written statement, usually formal, directed to a particular group of persons: the president's address on the state of the economy.
- well-appointed — attractively equipped, arranged, or furnished, especially for comfort or convenience: a well-appointed room.
- well-completed — having all parts or elements; lacking nothing; whole; entire; full: a complete set of Mark Twain's writings.
- well-concealed — to hide; withdraw or remove from observation; cover or keep from sight: He concealed the gun under his coat.
- well-conceived — to form (a notion, opinion, purpose, etc.): He conceived the project while he was on vacation.
15 letter words starting with well
- well-accredited — officially recognized as meeting the essential requirements, as of academic excellence: accredited schools.
- well-accustomed — customary; usual; habitual: in their accustomed manner.
- well-acquainted — having personal knowledge as a result of study, experience, etc.; informed (usually followed by with): to be acquainted with law.
- well-advertised — to announce or praise (a product, service, etc.) in some public medium of communication in order to induce people to buy or use it: to advertise a new brand of toothpaste.
- well-brought-up — If you say that someone, especially a child, is well-brought-up, you mean that they are very polite because they have been taught good manners.
16 letter words starting with well
- well-appreciated — to be grateful or thankful for: They appreciated his thoughtfulness.
- well-articulated — made clear or distinct: articulated sounds.
- well-compensated — to recompense for something: They gave him ten dollars to compensate him for his trouble.
- well-conditioned — existing under or subject to conditions.
- well-constructed — to build or form by putting together parts; frame; devise.
17 letter words starting with well
- well-accommodated — to do a kindness or a favor to; oblige: to accommodate a friend by helping him move to a new apartment.
- well-accomplished — completed; done; effected: an accomplished fact.
- well-acknowledged — widely recognized; generally accepted: an acknowledged authority on Chinese art.
- well-demonstrated — to make evident or establish by arguments or reasoning; prove: to demonstrate a philosophical principle.
- well-investigated — to examine, study, or inquire into systematically; search or examine into the particulars of; examine in detail.
On this page, we collect all words starting with WELL. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 385 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that beginning with WELL. that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.