Words starting with ur
2 letter words starting with ur
3 letter words starting with ur
4 letter words starting with ur
- ural — a river in the Russian Federation, flowing S from the S Ural Mountains to the Caspian Sea. 1575 miles (2535 km) long.
- uran — monitor (def 13).
- urao — a type of mineral with the formula Na2CO3·NaHCO3·2H2O
- urdu — one of the official languages of Pakistan, a language derived from Hindustani, used by Muslims, and written with Persian-Arabic letters.
- urdy — a heraldic line pattern
5 letter words starting with ur
6 letter words starting with ur
- uracil — Biochemistry. a pyrimidine base, C 4 H 4 N 2 O 2 , that is one of the fundamental components of RNA, in which it forms base pairs with adenine. Symbol: U.
- uraeus — the sacred asp as represented upon the headdress of divinities and royal personages of ancient Egypt, usually directly over the forehead, as an emblem of supreme power.
- uralic — a family of languages that comprises Finno-Ugric and Samoyed as subfamilies. Hungarian, Finnish, and Estonian belong to Uralic.
- uralsk — a city in W Kazakhstan, on the Ural River.
- urania — Classical Mythology. the Muse of astronomy.
7 letter words starting with ur
- urachus — a cord of tissue connecting a fetus's bladder to the umbilical cord
- uraemia — a condition resulting from the retention in the blood of constituents normally excreted in the urine.
- uralian — of or relating to the Ural Mountains or their inhabitants.
- uralite — a fibrous, dark-green hornblende formed by the hydrothermal alteration of pyroxene.
- uranian — pertaining to the planet Uranus.
8 letter words starting with ur
- ur-nammu — king of the Sumerian city-state of Ur c2000 b.c.
- urartian — of or relating to Urartu, its people, or their language.
- urbanely — having the polish and suavity regarded as characteristic of sophisticated social life in major cities: an urbane manner.
- urbanise — to make or cause to become urban, as a locality.
- urbanism — the way of life of people who live in a large city.
9 letter words starting with ur
- uralitize — to turn into uralite
- uraninite — a mineral, probably originally uranium dioxide, UO 2 , but altered by radioactive decay, and usually containing uranium trioxide, lead, radium, and helium, occurring in several varieties, including pitchblende: the most important ore of uranium.
- uraniscus — a starlike ornament, as in a coffer of a ceiling.
- uranology — uranography.
- urbandale — a town in central Iowa.
10 letter words starting with ur
- uranometry — a chart of the positions of the heavenly bodies on the celestial sphere.
- urbaneness — having the polish and suavity regarded as characteristic of sophisticated social life in major cities: an urbane manner.
- urbanistic — of or relating to urbanism.
- urbanology — the study of urban problems, especially as a social science.
- uredosorus — uredinium.
11 letter words starting with ur
- ural-altaic — of or relating to the Ural Mountains, on the border between the Russian Federation in Europe and Siberia, and the Altai Mountains, in S Siberia and NW Mongolia, or the country or peoples around them.
- uranium-235 — a uranium radioisotope that is used in nuclear fission
- uranography — the branch of astronomy concerned with the description and mapping of the heavens, and especially of the fixed stars.
- uranoplasty — a surgical operation to correct a defect of the palate or roof of the mouth
- uranoscopid — any fish of the family Uranoscopidae, comprising the stargazers.
12 letter words starting with ur
- urbanisation — the act or fact of urbanizing, or taking on the characteristics of a city: Urbanization has led to more air pollution and increasing childhood asthma.
- urbanization — the act or fact of urbanizing, or taking on the characteristics of a city: Urbanization has led to more air pollution and increasing childhood asthma.
- urbanologist — a sociologist specializing in urban life and problems
- ureterostomy — the construction of an artificial opening from the ureter through the abdominal wall or the flanks, permitting the passage of urine.
- urethrectomy — excision or removal of part or all of the urethra.
13 letter words starting with ur
- uralitization — the change of a crystalline silicate mineral to amphibole (one of a group of structurally similar minerals including calcium, sodium and magnesium)
14 letter words starting with ur
- urbanistically — of or relating to urbanism.
15 letter words starting with ur
- uranium-bearing — containing or producing uranium
16 letter words starting with ur
- ureterolithotomy — incision of a ureter for removal of a calculus.
17 letter words starting with ur
- urea-formaldehyde resin — any of a group of resins formed by the interaction of urea and formaldehyde under conditions that include heat and pH control: used chiefly in the manufacture of buttons, baking enamels, and for making fabrics wrinkle-resistant.
On this page, we collect all words starting with UR. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 317 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that beginning with UR. that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.