Words starting with tu
2 letter words starting with tu
- tu — trade union
- tu bishevat — the 15th day of the month of Shevat, observed as a new year for trees by planting trees and by eating fruits.
- tu fu — a.d. 712–770, Chinese poet.
- tu quoque — you likewise: a retort made by a person accused of a crime implying that the accuser is also guilty of the same crime
3 letter words starting with tu
- tub — a bathtub.
- tuc — In Britain, the TUC is an organization which represents trade unions, and to which most trade unions belong. TUC is an abbreviation for 'Trades Union Congress'.
- tuf — Trade Union Federation
- tug — to pull at with force, vigor, or effort.
- tui — a black New Zealand honey eater, Prosthemadera novaeseelandiae, having a patch of white feathers on each side of the throat, sometimes tamed as a pet.
4 letter words starting with tu
- tuan — (in Malay-speaking countries) sir; lord: a form of address used as a mark of respect
- tuba — Music. a valved, brass wind instrument having a low range. an organ reed stop of large scale with tones of exceptional power. an ancient Roman trumpet.
- tube — a hollow, usually cylindrical body of metal, glass, rubber, or other material, used especially for conveying or containing liquids or gases.
- tuck — to put into a small, close, or concealing place: Tuck the money into your wallet.
- tude — an arrogant attitude.
5 letter words starting with tu
- tuart — a eucalyptus tree, Eucalyptus gomphocephala, of Australia, yielding a very durable light-coloured timber
- tuath — (in Irish history) the territory of an ancient Irish tribe
- tubae — Music. a valved, brass wind instrument having a low range. an organ reed stop of large scale with tones of exceptional power. an ancient Roman trumpet.
- tubal — pertaining to a tube, as a Fallopian tube.
- tubby — short and fat: a tubby child.
6 letter words starting with tu
- tuareg — a Berber or Hamitic-speaking member of the Muslim nomads of the Sahara.
- tuatua — an edible marine bivalve, Paphies subtriangulata, of New Zealand waters
- tubage — tubes collectively
- tubate — having or forming a tube or tubes; tubular.
- tubing — a hollow, usually cylindrical body of metal, glass, rubber, or other material, used especially for conveying or containing liquids or gases.
7 letter words starting with tu
- tuatara — a large, primarily nocturnal, lizardlike reptile, Sphenodon punctatum, of islands near the coast of New Zealand: the only surviving rhynchocephalian.
- tuatera — a large, primarily nocturnal, lizardlike reptile, Sphenodon punctatum, of islands near the coast of New Zealand: the only surviving rhynchocephalian.
- tubaist — a musician who plays the tuba
- tubbish — rather fat or shaped like a tub
- tubeful — the quantity (of something) that a tube can hold
8 letter words starting with tu
- tub-fast — (in the past) a period of fasting and sweating in a hot tub, intended as a cure for venereal disease
- tubenose — tubesnout.
- tubercle — a small rounded projection or excrescence, as on a bone or on the surface of the body.
- tuberoid — a thickened or fleshy root resembling a tuber
- tuberose — a bulbous plant, Polianthes tuberosa, of the agave family, cultivated for its spike of fragrant, creamy-white, lily-like flowers.
9 letter words starting with tu
10 letter words starting with tu
- tubal-cain — the son of Lamech and Zillah: the progenitor of metalworkers. Gen. 4:22.
- tube-nosed — having a long, tubelike beak or snout.
- tubercular — pertaining to tuberculosis; tuberculous.
- tuberculin — a sterile liquid prepared from cultures of the tubercle bacillus, used in the diagnosis and, formerly, in the treatment of tuberculosis.
- tuberculo- — tubercular
11 letter words starting with tu
- tub-thumper — a vociferous supporter or promoter, as of a cause.
- tuberaceous — belonging or relating to the order of fungi Tuberaceae, or specifically the truffle genus (Tuber)
- tuberculate — Also, tuberculated, tuberculose. having tubercles.
- tuberculize — to infect or become infected with tuberculosis
- tuberculoid — resembling a tubercle.
12 letter words starting with tu
- tub-thumping — to promote something or express opinions vociferously.
- tuberculated — bearing tubercles, knobbly projections or excrescences
- tuberculosed — tuberculous
- tuberculosis — an infectious disease that may affect almost any tissue of the body, especially the lungs, caused by the organism Mycobacterium tuberculosis, and characterized by tubercles.
- tuberiferous — bearing or producing tubers
13 letter words starting with tu
- tuberculation — Also, tuberculated, tuberculose. having tubercles.
- tuberculinize — to inoculate with tuberculin.
- tubuliflorous — having the corolla tubular in all the perfect flowers of a head, as certain composite plants.
- tumorgenicity — the state of being tumorgenic, giving rise to tumours
- tumorigenesis — the production or development of tumors.
14 letter words starting with tu
- tumorigenicity — (of cells or a substance) capable of producing tumors.
- turbo-electric — noting, pertaining to, or utilizing machinery that includes a generator driven by a turbine: turbo-electric engine; turbo-electric propulsion.
- turbogenerator — a large electrical generator driven by a steam turbine
- turbomachinery — machinery consisting of, incorporating, or constituting a turbine
15 letter words starting with tu
17 letter words starting with tu
On this page, we collect all words starting with TU. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 854 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that beginning with TU. that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.