Words starting with to
2 letter words starting with to
- to — (used for expressing motion or direction toward a point, person, place, or thing approached and reached, as opposed to from): They came to the house.
- to a degree — any of a series of steps or stages, as in a process or course of action; a point in any scale.
- to a fault — a defect or imperfection; flaw; failing: a fault in the brakes; a fault in one's character.
- to a frazzle — absolutely; completely (esp in the phrase burnt to a frazzle)
- to a man — an adult male person, as distinguished from a boy or a woman.
3 letter words starting with to
- to- — completely, entirely, severely
- tob — the principal outer garment in some parts of north and central Africa, consisting of a length of cloth that is sewn into a long loose skirt or is draped around the body and fastened over one shoulder.
- toc — train operating company
- tod — a fox.
- toe — Hector ("Toe") 1912–1995, Canadian ice hockey player and coach.
4 letter words starting with to
- toad — any of various tailless amphibians that are close relatives of the frogs in the order Anura and that typically have dry, warty skin and are terrestrial or semiterrestrial in habit. Compare frog1 (def 1).
- tob. — Tobit
- tobe — the principal outer garment in some parts of north and central Africa, consisting of a length of cloth that is sewn into a long loose skirt or is draped around the body and fastened over one shoulder.
- toby — Also, Toby, Toby jug. a mug in the form of a stout old man wearing a three-cornered hat.
- toch — Ernst [ernst] /ɛrnst/ (Show IPA), 1887–1964, Austrian composer.
5 letter words starting with to
- to-be — future; soon to be the thing specified (usually used in combination): bride-to-be.
- to-do — bustle; fuss: They made a great to-do over the dinner.
- toady — an obsequious flatterer; sycophant.
- toast — a salutation or a few words of congratulation, good wishes, appreciation, remembrance, etc., uttered immediately before drinking to a person, event, etc.
- tobes — the principal outer garment in some parts of north and central Africa, consisting of a length of cloth that is sewn into a long loose skirt or is draped around the body and fastened over one shoulder.
6 letter words starting with to
- toasty — comfortably or cozily warm.
- tobago — an island in the SE West Indies, off the NE coast of Venezuela: formerly a British colony in the Federation of the West Indies; now part of the independent republic of Trinidad and Tobago. 116 sq. mi. (300 sq. km).
- tobata — a seaport on N Kyushu, in S Japan: formed in 1963 by the merger of five cities (Kokura, Moji, Tobata, Wakamatsu, and Yawata)
- tobias — the son of Tobit.
- tobira — a shrub, Pittosporum tobira, of China and Japan, having leathery leaves, fragrant, greenish-white flower clusters, densely hairy fruit, and lemon-scented foliage.
7 letter words starting with to
- to-name — a nickname, especially one to distinguish a person from others of the same name.
- toadies — an obsequious flatterer; sycophant.
- toasted — a salutation or a few words of congratulation, good wishes, appreciation, remembrance, etc., uttered immediately before drinking to a person, event, etc.
- toaster — a person who proposes or joins in a toast to someone or something.
- tobacco — any of several plants belonging to the genus Nicotiana, of the nightshade family, especially one of those species, as N. tabacum, whose leaves are prepared for smoking or chewing or as snuff.
8 letter words starting with to
- toadfish — any of several thick-headed, wide-mouthed fishes of the family Batrachoididae, as Opsanus tau (oyster toadfish) ranging along the Atlantic coast of the U.S.
- toadflax — a common European plant, Linaria vulgaris, of the figwort family, having narrow leaves and showy yellow-and-orange flowers, naturalized as a weed in the U.S.
- toadying — an obsequious flatterer; sycophant.
- toadyism — an obsequious flatterer; sycophant.
- toboggan — a long, narrow, flat-bottomed sled made of a thin board curved upward and backward at the front, often with low handrails on the sides, used especially in the sport of coasting over snow or ice.
9 letter words starting with to
- toadeater — a toady.
- toadshade — a plant, Trillium sessile, of the lily family, native to the southeastern U.S., having broad, mottled leaves and a solitary purplish or greenish flower.
- toadstone — any of various stones or stonelike objects, formerly supposed to have been formed in the head or body of a toad, worn as jewels or amulets.
- toadstool — any of various mushrooms having a stalk with an umbrellalike cap, especially the agarics.
- toamasina — a port in E Madagascar, on the Indian Ocean: the country's chief commercial centre. Pop: 198 000 (2005 est)
10 letter words starting with to
- to-and-fro — back-and-forth: to-and-fro motion.
- to-die-for — to cease to live; undergo the complete and permanent cessation of all vital functions; become dead.
- to-do-list — a list of things that one wants to get done or that need to get done: No, I haven’t bought the gift yet, but it’s on my to-do list.
- tobagonian — an island in the SE West Indies, off the NE coast of Venezuela: formerly a British colony in the Federation of the West Indies; now part of the independent republic of Trinidad and Tobago. 116 sq. mi. (300 sq. km).
- tobramycin — a highly toxic aminoglycoside antibiotic, C 18 H 37 N 5 O 9 , derived from Streptomyces tenebarius, used in the treatment of serious infections due to susceptible Gram-positive and Gram-negative organisms.
11 letter words starting with to
- toastmaster — a person who presides at a dinner and introduces the after-dinner speakers.
- tobacconist — a dealer in tobacco, especially the owner of a store that sells pipe tobaccos, cigarettes, and cigars.
- tocqueville — Alexis Charles Henri Maurice Clérel de [a-lek-see sharl ahn-ree maw-rees kley-rel duh] /a lɛkˈsi ˈʃarl ɑ̃ˈri mɔˈris kleɪˈrɛl də/ (Show IPA), 1805–59, French statesman and author.
- toddlerhood — the state or time of being a toddler; early childhood.
- toe-curling — If you describe something as toe-curling, you mean that it makes you feel very embarrassed.
12 letter words starting with to
- toffee-apple — an apple fixed on a stick and coated with a thin layer of toffee
- toffee-nosed — stuck-up; conceited; pretentious: a toffee-nosed butler; a toffee-nosed shop.
- togetherness — warm fellowship, as among members of a family.
- toilet-train — to train (a young child) to use a toilet for bowel and bladder movements.
- tolerability — capable of being tolerated; endurable: His arrogance is no longer tolerable.
13 letter words starting with to
- toastmistress — a woman who presides at a dinner, introduces the after-dinner speakers, and often proposes toasts.
- tonsillectomy — the operation of excising or removing one or both tonsils.
- toothbrushing — the act or method of cleaning the teeth with a toothbrush.
- tootsy-wootsy — tootsie1 .
- topochemistry — the study of reactions that only occur at specific regions in a system
14 letter words starting with to
15 letter words starting with to
- tocodynamometer — tokodynamometer.
- tokodynamometer — a pressure gauge strapped to the mother's abdomen during labor to measure uterine contractions.
- tongue-in-cheek — Anatomy. the usually movable organ in the floor of the mouth in humans and most vertebrates, functioning in eating, in tasting, and, in humans, in speaking.
- top-of-the-line — being the best and usually the most expensive of its kind: The company previewed its top-of-the-line carpeting.
- totalitarianism — the practices and principles of a totalitarian regime.
16 letter words starting with to
17 letter words starting with to
- tongue-and-groove joint — a long, narrow cut or indentation in a surface, as the cut in a board to receive the tongue of another board (tongue-and-groove joint) a furrow, or a natural indentation on an organism.
21 letter words starting with to
- tonguing-and-grooving plane — a plane for cutting the edges of boards into tongues and grooves.
On this page, we collect all words starting with TO. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 2732 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that beginning with TO. that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.