Words starting with tho
4 letter words starting with tho
- tho' — Tho' and tho are very informal written forms of though.
- thor — Scandinavian Mythology. the god of thunder, rain, and farming, represented as riding a chariot drawn by goats and wielding the hammer Mjolnir: the defender of the Aesir, destined to kill and be killed by the Midgard Serpent.
- thos — Thomas
- thot — a woman considered to be sexually provocative or promiscuous; a slut or whore.
- thou — to address as “thou.”.
5 letter words starting with tho
- thoft — a bench in a boat upon which a rower sits
- thokk — an old giantess, possibly Loki in disguise, who was the only being to refuse to weep for the dead Balder, thus condemning him to eternity in Niflheim.
- thole — a pin, or either of two pins, inserted into a gunwale to provide a fulcrum for an oar.
- thong — a strip of material, especially of leather or hide, used to fasten or secure something.
- thorn — German name of Toruń.
6 letter words starting with tho
- tholos — a circular building. a small, round structure, as a lantern. a circular subterranean tomb, lined with masonry.
- tholus — tholos.
- thomas — an apostle who demanded proof of Christ's Resurrection. John 20:24–29.
- thonga — a member of a people of Mozambique
- thorax — Anatomy. the part of the trunk in humans and higher vertebrates between the neck and the abdomen, containing the cavity, enclosed by the ribs, sternum, and certain vertebrae, in which the heart, lungs, etc., are situated; chest.
7 letter words starting with tho
- thomism — the theological and philosophical system of Thomas Aquinas.
- thomsen — Christian Jürgensen [kris-tyahn yoor-guh n-suh n] /ˈkrɪs tyɑn ˈyur gən sən/ (Show IPA), 1788–1865, Danish archaeologist.
- thomson — Elihu, 1853–1937, U.S. inventor, born in England.
- thonged — furnished with or secured with a thong
- thoreau — Henry David, 1817–62, U.S. naturalist and author.
8 letter words starting with tho
- tholepin — thole1
- thomisid — a spider of the family Thomisidae, comprising the crab spiders.
- thompson — Benjamin, Count Rumford, 1753–1814, English physicist and diplomat, born in the U.S.
- thonburi — a city in S Thailand, near Bangkok.
- thongage — an additional charge made at a restaurant to a patron wearing thongs (flip-flops)
9 letter words starting with tho
- tholeiite — a type of igneous or volcanic rock found on the ocean floor that is rich in aluminium and similar to basalt
- tholobate — the substructure supporting a dome or cupola.
- thomasina — a female given name.
- thomistic — the theological and philosophical system of Thomas Aquinas.
- thorazine — chlorpromazine
10 letter words starting with tho
- tholeiitic — relating to, characteristic of or resembling tholeiite
- thorianite — a rare mineral, mainly thoria, ThO 2 , but also containing uranium, cerium, and other rare-earth metals, occurring in small, black, cubic crystals: notable for its radioactivity and used as a minor source of thorium.
- thornhedge — any hedge containing trees, bushes or shrubs that bear thorns
- thornproof — (of a material or garment) offering protection against the intrusion of thorns
- thoroughly — in a thorough manner or degree; completely and carefully: We will review the data thoroughly.
11 letter words starting with tho
- thohoyandou — a self-governing Bantu territory of South Africa in the NE part: granted independence in 1979 by South Africa, but not recognized by any other country as an independent state. 2510 sq. mi. (6500 sq. km). Capital: Thohoyandou.
- thomasville — a city in S Georgia.
- thoracotomy — incision into the chest cavity.
- thoreauvian — Henry David, 1817–62, U.S. naturalist and author.
- thornproofs — garments that resist penetration by thorns
12 letter words starting with tho
- thoracectomy — excision of part or all of a rib.
- thoracically — by way of the thorax; in the thorax
- thoracoscope — an instrument used for examining the pleural cavity
- thoracostomy — the construction of an artificial opening through the chest wall, usually for the drainage of fluid or the release of an abnormal accumulation of air.
- thoroughbred — of pure or unmixed breed, stock, or lineage, as a horse or other animal; bred from the purest and best blood.
13 letter words starting with tho
- thoracenteses — insertion of a hollow needle or similar instrument into the pleural cavity of the chest in order to drain pleural fluid.
- thoracentesis — insertion of a hollow needle or similar instrument into the pleural cavity of the chest in order to drain pleural fluid.
- thoracolumbar — of the thoracic and lumbar regions
- thoracoplasty — the operation removing selected portions of the ribs to collapse part of the underlying lung or an abnormal pleural space, usually in the treatment of tuberculosis.
- thoroughbrace — either of two strong leather straps upon which the body of certain types of carriage is supported
14 letter words starting with tho
15 letter words starting with tho
- thoughtlessness — lacking in consideration for others; inconsiderate; tactless: a thoughtless remark.
17 letter words starting with tho
On this page, we collect all words starting with THO. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 170 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that beginning with THO. that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.