Words starting with st
2 letter words starting with st
3 letter words starting with st
4 letter words starting with st
- stab — to pierce or wound with or as if with a pointed weapon: She stabbed a piece of chicken with her fork.
- stag — an adult male deer.
- stan — a male given name, form of Stanley.
- star — any of the heavenly bodies, except the moon, appearing as fixed luminous points in the sky at night.
- stat — statistic.
5 letter words starting with st
- stack — a more or less orderly pile or heap: a precariously balanced stack of books; a neat stack of papers.
- stacy — a male or female given name.
- stade — a period of time represented by a glacial deposit.
- stael — Madame de (Baronne de Staël-Holstein) 1766–1817, French novelist, essayist, poet, and philosopher.
- staff — a group of persons, as employees, charged with carrying out the work of an establishment or executing some undertaking.
6 letter words starting with st
7 letter words starting with st
- stabile — fixed in position; stable.
- stabler — a person who runs a horse stable.
- stachys — any plant of the genus Stachys, esp S. lanata (lamb's ears) and S. officinalis (betony)
- stacked — (of a woman) having a voluptuous figure.
- stacker — a more or less orderly pile or heap: a precariously balanced stack of books; a neat stack of papers.
8 letter words starting with st
- st.-jean — Lac [lak] /lak/ (Show IPA) a lake in S central Quebec, Canada, NNW of Quebec City, drained by the Saguenay River. 387 sq. mi. (1003 sq. km).
- st.-ouen — a suburb of Paris in N France.
- stabbing — penetrating; piercing: a stabbing pain.
- stabling — a building for the lodging and feeding of horses, cattle, etc.
- stablish — establish.
9 letter words starting with st
- stabilate — a collection of living organisms, gathered on one occasion and preserved for a particular use
- stabilise — to make or hold stable, firm, or steadfast.
- stability — the state or quality of being stable.
- stabilize — to make or hold stable, firm, or steadfast.
- stableboy — a person who works in a stable.
10 letter words starting with st
- st.-jerome — a city in S Quebec, in E Canada, NW of Montreal.
- st.-mihiel — a town in NE France, on the Meuse River, NW of Nancy: captured by American forces 1918.
- stabilised — to make or hold stable, firm, or steadfast.
- stabilizer — a person or thing that stabilizes.
- stableford — a scoring system in which points are awarded according to the number of strokes taken at each hole, whereby a hole completed in one stroke over par counts as one point, a hole completed in level par counts as two points, etc
11 letter words starting with st
- st.-emilion — a dry claret wine from the parish of St.-Émilion in the Bordeaux region of France.
- st.-etienne — a river in France, flowing NW and W into the Atlantic: the longest river in France. 625 miles (1005 km) long.
- st.-germain — St.-Germain-en-Laye.
- st.-lambert — a city in S Quebec, in E Canada, across from Montreal, on the St. Lawrence.
- st.-leonard — a city in S Quebec, in E Canada: suburb of Montreal.
12 letter words starting with st
- st.-eustache — a town in S Quebec, in E Canada.
- stabilimeter — stabilograph.
- stabilograph — an instrument for measuring body sway.
- stackability — capable of being stacked, especially easily: stackable chairs.
- staddlestone — (formerly) one of several supports for a hayrick, consisting of a truncated conical stone surmounted by a flat circular stone
13 letter words starting with st
- stabilization — the act or process of stabilizing or the state of being stabilized.
- staffordshire — a county in central England. 1154 sq. mi. (2715 sq. km). County seat: Stafford.
- stalagmometer — an instrument for determining the number of drops, or the weight of each drop, in a given volume of liquid.
- staminiferous — bearing or having a stamen or stamens.
- standard-bred — pertaining to a horse of the Standardbred breed.
14 letter words starting with st
- stalking-horse — a horse, or a figure of a horse, behind which a hunter hides in stalking game.
- staphylococcus — any of several spherical bacteria of the genus Staphylococcus, occurring in pairs, tetrads, and irregular clusters, certain species of which, as S. aureus, can be pathogenic for humans.
- staphyloplasty — plastic surgery or surgical repair involving the soft palate or the uvula
- starch-reduced — (of food, esp bread) having the starch content reduced, as in proprietary slimming products
- states-general — the parliament of the Netherlands, consisting of an upper chamber (First Chamber) and a lower chamber (Second Chamber)
15 letter words starting with st
- st.-john's-wort — any of various plants or shrubs of the genus Hypericum, having yellow flowers and transparently dotted leaves.
- standard-bearer — an officer or soldier of an army or military unit who bears a standard.
- standardization — to bring to or make of an established standard size, weight, quality, strength, or the like: to standardize manufactured parts.
- staphylorrhaphy — repair of a cleft palate by means of staphyloplasty and suturing
16 letter words starting with st
- state-of-the-art — the latest and most sophisticated or advanced stage of a technology, art, or science.
17 letter words starting with st
18 letter words starting with st
- station-to-station — (of a long-distance telephone call) chargeable upon speaking with anyone at the number called: a station-to-station call to his home in Dallas.
19 letter words starting with st
- st.-germain-en-laye — a city in N France, near Paris: royal château and forest; treaties 1570, 1632, 1679, 1919.
20 letter words starting with st
- st.-germain-des-pres — an area in Paris, on the Left Bank.
21 letter words starting with st
- stabilization-process — the act or process of stabilizing or the state of being stabilized.
24 letter words starting with st
- st.-bruno-de-montarville — a town in S Quebec, in E Canada, near Montreal.
26 letter words starting with st
- statistical-thermodynamics — the science that deals with average properties of the molecules, atoms, or elementary particles in random motion in a system of many such particles and relates these properties to the thermodynamic and other macroscopic properties of the system.
On this page, we collect all words starting with ST. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 4204 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that beginning with ST. that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.