Words starting with sp
2 letter words starting with sp
- sp — Simplicity and Power. A Prolog-like language.
3 letter words starting with sp
- spa — a resort town in E Belgium, SE of Liège: famous mineral springs.
- spd — Sozialdemokratische Partei Deutschlands
- spf — SPF is used before a number to indicate the degree of protection from the sun's rays that is provided by a sunscreen or similar product. The higher a product's SPF, the more protection it provides. SPF is an abbreviation for 'sun protection factor.'
- sp. gr. — specific gravity
4 letter words starting with sp
- spad — signal passed at danger: an incident in which a train goes through a red light
- spae — to prophesy; foretell; predict.
- spag — (of a cat) to scratch (a person) with the claws
- spam — (lowercase) Digital Technology. disruptive online messages, especially commercial messages posted on a computer network or sent as email (often used attributively): Install spam blocker software and keep your email spam filters updated to protect your accounts from unsolicited spam.
- span — the act of causing a spinning or whirling motion.
5 letter words starting with sp
- spaak — Paul Henri [pawl hen-ree;; French pawl ahn-ree] /pɔl ˈhɛn ri;; French pɔl ɑ̃ˈri/ (Show IPA), 1889–1972, Belgian statesman: prime minister of Belgium, 1938–39, 1946–49; first president of the General Assembly of the United Nations 1946–47; secretary-general of NATO 1957–61.
- space — the unlimited or incalculably great three-dimensional realm or expanse in which all material objects are located and all events occur.
- spacy — spaced-out (def 2).
- spade — a black figure shaped like an inverted heart and with a short stem at the cusp opposite the point, used on playing cards.
- spado — Civil Law. an impotent person; someone unable to procreate.
6 letter words starting with sp
- spaatz — Carl, 1891–1974, U.S. general.
- spacer — the unlimited or incalculably great three-dimensional realm or expanse in which all material objects are located and all events occur.
- spacey — spaced-out (def 2).
- spades — a black figure shaped like an inverted heart and with a short stem at the cusp opposite the point, used on playing cards.
- spadix — an inflorescence consisting of a spike with a fleshy or thickened axis, usually enclosed in a spathe.
7 letter words starting with sp
8 letter words starting with sp
- spacelab — a manned laboratory in space, developed by the European Space Agency, carried aboard an orbiting space shuttle.
- spaceman — an astronaut.
- spacings — an act of someone or something that spaces.
- spacious — containing much space, as a house, room, or vehicle; amply large.
- spadeful — the amount that can be dug out with or carried on a spade.
9 letter words starting with sp
- space-age — pertaining to or characteristic of the Space Age.
- space-bar — a horizontal bar on a typewriter keyboard that is depressed in order to resume typing one space to the right.
- spaceband — a device on a linecaster for evening up the spaces between words
- spaceless — having no limits or dimensions in space; limitless; unbounded.
- spaceport — a site at which spacecraft are tested, launched, sheltered, maintained, etc.
10 letter words starting with sp
- space-time — Also called space-time continuum. the four-dimensional continuum, having three spatial coordinates and one temporal coordinate, in which all physical quantities may be located.
- spaceborne — moving in orbit around the earth: a spaceborne surveillance system.
- spacecraft — a vehicle designed for travel or operation in space beyond the earth's atmosphere or in orbit around the earth.
- spaced-out — dazed or stupefied because of the influence of narcotic drugs.
- spacewoman — a woman astronaut.
11 letter words starting with sp
- spaceflight — the flying of manned or unmanned spacecraft into or in outer space.
- spaghettini — pasta in the form of long thin strings
- spallanzani — Lazzaro [lahd-dzah-raw] /ˈlɑd dzɑ rɔ/ (Show IPA), 1729–99, Italian biologist.
- spanakopita — a baked dish consisting of spinach, feta cheese, eggs, and scallions enclosed in layers of phyllo.
- sparrowfart — the very early morning
12 letter words starting with sp
- space-filler — a short article of little or no importance written to fill space in a magazine or newspaper
- space-saving — that saves space.
- spaciousness — containing much space, as a house, room, or vehicle; amply large.
- spark-killer — a device for diminishing sparking, consisting of a capacitor and a resistor connected in series across two points where sparking may occur in a circuit.
- sparrowgrass — asparagus.
13 letter words starting with sp
- spasmodically — given to or characterized by bursts of excitement.
- spathiphyllum — any of various tropical plants of the genus Spathiphyllum, having a white or green spathe and a spike of fragrant flowers and often cultivated as an ornamental.
- spear-thrower — a flexible device for launching a spear, usually a short cord wound around the spear so that when thrown the weapon will rotate in the air.
- special-order — to obtain by specific individual order: to special-order a dining-room chandelier.
- specialities' — specialty.
14 letter words starting with sp
- spatiotemporal — pertaining to space-time.
- spear-phishing — the practice of sending fraudulent e-mails to extract financial data from computer users for purposes of identity theft, by mimicking a sender that the recipient knows
- spearfisherman — a person who engages in spearfishing.
- specialisation — the act of specializing, or pursuing a particular line of study or work: Medical students with high student loans often feel driven into specialization.
- specialization — the act of specializing, or pursuing a particular line of study or work: Medical students with high student loans often feel driven into specialization.
15 letter words starting with sp
- spectrochemical — of, relating to, or utilizing the techniques of spectrochemistry.
- speller-divider — a reference book that lists words in alphabetical order to show spelling and syllabification.
- spermatogenesis — the origin and development of spermatozoa.
- spinach-rhubarb — an Ethiopian plant, Rumex abyssinicus, of the buckwheat family, having leaves that are sometimes used as spinach and leafstalks sometimes used as rhubarb.
16 letter words starting with sp
- spanish-american — noting or pertaining to the parts of America where Spanish is the prevailing language.
- species-specific — associated with or limited to one species only.
- spectrobolometer — an instrument consisting of a spectroscope and a bolometer, for determining the distribution of radiant energy in a spectrum.
- spectrochemistry — the branch of chemistry that deals with the chemical analysis of substances by means of the spectra of light they absorb or emit.
- spectroheliogram — a photograph of the sun made with a spectroheliograph.
17 letter words starting with sp
- spaghettification — the theoretical stretching of an object as it encounters extreme differences in gravitational forces, especially those associated with a black hole.
- spectroheliograph — an apparatus for making photographs of the sun with a monochromatic light to show the details of the sun's surface and surroundings as they would appear if the sun emitted only that light.
- spectrohelioscope — a spectroheliograph.
- spectromicroscope — a microscope with an attached spectroscope.
- spectrophotometer — an instrument for making photometric comparisons between parts of spectra.
18 letter words starting with sp
- spectrocolorimetry — the quantitative measure of colors by spectrophotometry.
- spectrofluorimeter — an instrument in which the spectrum of secondarily emitted fluorescent light is used to identify chemical compounds.
- spectrofluorometer — an instrument in which the spectrum of secondarily emitted fluorescent light is used to identify chemical compounds.
- spectropolarimeter — an instrument for determining the extent to which plane-polarized light of various wavelengths is rotated by certain solutions, consisting of a combination of a spectroscope and a polarimeter.
- spectropolariscope — an instrument combining the functions of a spectroscope with those of a polariscope.
19 letter words starting with sp
- specific-resistance — the power or property of resistance.
20 letter words starting with sp
22 letter words starting with sp
- spectrophotometrically — an instrument for making photometric comparisons between parts of spectra.
On this page, we collect all words starting with SP. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 2416 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that beginning with SP. that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.