Words starting with sol
3 letter words starting with sol
- sol — an ancient Roman god personifying the sun.
4 letter words starting with sol
- sola — an Indian shrub, Aeschynomene aspera, of the legume family, the pith of which is used for making helmets.
- sold — simple past tense and past participle of sell1 .
- sole — being the only one; only: the sole living relative.
- soli — a musical composition or a passage or section in a musical composition written for performance by one singer or instrumentalist, with or without accompaniment: She sang a solo.
- solo — a musical composition or a passage or section in a musical composition written for performance by one singer or instrumentalist, with or without accompaniment: She sang a solo.
5 letter words starting with sol
6 letter words starting with sol
- sol-fa — Music. the set of syllables, do, re, mi, fa, sol, la, and ti, sung to the respective tones of the scale. All but do and ti are attributed to Guido d'Arezzo.
- solace — comfort in sorrow, misfortune, or trouble; alleviation of distress or discomfort.
- solana — Javier (ˈhævɪeɪ). born 1942, Spanish socialist politician; minister for foreign affairs (1992–95), secretary-general of NATO (1995–99), and EU high representative for foreign policy (1999–2009)
- solano — a hot wind in Spain
- solate — to change from a gel to a sol.
7 letter words starting with sol
- solanum — any tree, shrub, or herbaceous plant of the mainly tropical solanaceous genus Solanum: includes the potato, aubergine, and certain nightshades
- solaris — (operating system) Sun Microsystems, Inc.'s version of the Unix operating system. As well as the core operating system, Solaris inludes networking software, the Java Virtual Machine, the CDE/Desktop that includes an X11-based windowing environment and graphical user interface. Sun claim that Solaris is not just an operating system but an "operating environment". Solaris 1.x was a retroactive (marketing?) name for SunOS 4.1.x (where x>=1). Solaris 2.x (which is the first version most people call "Solaris") includes SunOS5.x, which is an SVR4-derived Unix, OpenWindows 3.x, and tooltalk.
- solated — to change from a gel to a sol.
- solatia — something given in compensation for inconvenience, loss, injury, or the like; recompense.
- soldado — a soldier
8 letter words starting with sol
- solander — a case for maps, plates, etc., made to resemble a book and having the front cover and fore edge hinged.
- solanine — a poisonous alkaloid found in various solanaceous plants, including potatoes which have gone green through exposure to light
- solarism — the interpretation of myths by reference to the sun, especially such interpretation carried to an extreme.
- solarium — a glass-enclosed room, porch, or the like, exposed to the sun's rays, as at a seaside hotel or for convalescents in a hospital.
- solarize — Photography. to reverse (an image) partially, as from negative to positive, by exposure to light during development.
9 letter words starting with sol
- solacious — providing solace
- soldering — any of various alloys fused and applied to the joint between metal objects to unite them without heating the objects to the melting point.
- soldierly — of, like, or befitting a soldier.
- solemnify — to make solemn: to solemnify an occasion with hymns and prayers.
- solemnity — the state or character of being solemn; earnestness; gravity; impressiveness: the solemnity of a state funeral.
10 letter words starting with sol
- solacement — a comfort or consolation
- solar-heat — to heat (a building) by means of solar energy.
- solar-year — a period of 365 or 366 days, in the Gregorian calendar, divided into 12 calendar months, now reckoned as beginning Jan. 1 and ending Dec. 31 (calendar year or civil year) Compare common year, leap year.
- solderings — any parts which have been soldered together
- solderless — any of various alloys fused and applied to the joint between metal objects to unite them without heating the objects to the melting point.
11 letter words starting with sol
- solanaceous — belonging to the Solanaceae, the nightshade family of plants.
- solar-month — Also called calendar month. any of the twelve parts, as January or February, into which the calendar year is divided.
- solar-storm — a temporary disturbance of the earth's magnetic field, induced by radiation and streams of charged particles from the sun.
- solarimeter — an instrument for measuring solar radiation.
- soldatesque — of or relating to a soldier
12 letter words starting with sol
- solenogaster — any of a group of wormlike mollusks, class Solenogastres (formerly Aplacophora), inhabiting deep ocean layers and having fine limy spicules on the covering mantle.
- solicitation — the act of soliciting.
- solicitously — anxious or concerned (usually followed by about, for, etc., or a clause): solicitous about a person's health.
- solidaristic — relating to solidarism
- solifluction — creep (def 22a).
13 letter words starting with sol
- solar-powered — powered by heat radiation from the sun converted into electrical power
- solderability — the characteristic of being solderable
- solemnization — to perform the ceremony of (marriage).
- solicitations — instances of asking someone for money, help, support, or an opinion
- solid-looking — reassuringly substantial or stable in appearance: They're a very solid-looking, intelligent couple.
14 letter words starting with sol
- solicitousness — anxious or concerned (usually followed by about, for, etc., or a clause): solicitous about a person's health.
- solidification — to make solid; make into a hard or compact mass; change from a liquid or gaseous to a solid form.
- solitudinarian — a person who seeks solitude; recluse.
- solubilization — the process whereby something becomes soluble or more soluble
15 letter words starting with sol
- solipsistically — in a solipsistic manner
On this page, we collect all words starting with SOL. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 344 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that beginning with SOL. that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.