Words starting with sho
4 letter words starting with sho
- shoa — a former kingdom in E Africa: now a province of Ethiopia. 25,290 sq. mi. (65,501 sq. km). Capital: Addis Ababa.
- shod — a simple past tense and past participle of shoe.
- shoe — an external covering for the human foot, usually of leather and consisting of a more or less stiff or heavy sole and a lighter upper part ending a short distance above, at, or below the ankle.
- shog — to shake; jolt.
- shoo — to drive away by saying or shouting “shoo.”.
5 letter words starting with sho
6 letter words starting with sho
- shoaly — full of shoals or shallows.
- shoddy — of poor quality or inferior workmanship: a shoddy bookcase.
- shoder — a packet of skins in which gold is placed and subjected to the second process of beating
- shofar — a ram's horn blown as a wind instrument, sounded in Biblical times chiefly to communicate signals in battle and announce certain religious occasions and in modern times chiefly at synagogue services on Rosh Hashanah and Yom Kippur.
- shogun — the title applied to the chief military commanders from about the 8th century a.d. to the end of the 12th century, then applied to the hereditary officials who governed Japan, with the emperor as nominal ruler, until 1868, when the shogunate was terminated and the ruling power was returned to the emperor.
7 letter words starting with sho
8 letter words starting with sho
- shoaling — any large number of persons or things.
- shocking — causing intense surprise, disgust, horror, etc.
- shockley — William Bradford, 1910–1989, U.S. physicist: Nobel prize 1956.
- shoddily — of poor quality or inferior workmanship: a shoddy bookcase.
- shoebill — a large, African, storklike bird, Balaeniceps rex, having a broad, flattened bill shaped somewhat like a shoe.
9 letter words starting with sho
- shoalness — (of water) the state of being shallow; shallowness
- shoalwise — in shoals or large groups
- shockwave — (tool) A program from Macromedia for viewing files created with Macromedia Director. Shockwave is freely available as a plug-in for the Netscape Navigator web browser. "Shocked" pages that incorporate documents created in Director can usually only be enjoyed by users with an ISDN or faster connection.
- shoeblack — bootblack.
- shoebrush — a brush used in polishing shoes.
10 letter words starting with sho
- shock-test — to test (equipment or matériel) for resistance to sudden impact or stress.
- shockingly — causing intense surprise, disgust, horror, etc.
- shockproof — Also, shock-proof. (of timepieces, machinery, etc.) protected against damage resulting from anticipated shocks.
- shockstall — the loss of lift and increase of drag experienced by transonic aircraft when strong shock waves on the wings cause the airflow to separate from the wing surfaces
- shoddiness — of poor quality or inferior workmanship: a shoddy bookcase.
11 letter words starting with sho
- shockheaded — having a shock or thick mass of hair on the head.
- shoe-string — a shoelace.
- shoot'em-up — a book, film, TV show, video game, etc. characterized by much violent content, gunplay, etc., esp. one in the western, crime, or war genres
- shoot-em-up — A shoot-em-up is a computer game that involves shooting and killing characters.
- shootaround — an informal match or practice session
12 letter words starting with sho
- shoot-'em-up — a motion-picture or television program that emphasizes gunplay, action, and often violence.
- shop-in-shop — A shop-in-shop is an area that one retailer sublets within another retailer’s premises.
- shopbreaking — the act of breaking into a shop
- short-acting — (of a drug) quickly effective, but requiring regularly repeated doses for long-term treatment, being rapidly absorbed, distributed in the body, and excreted
- short-change — to give less than the correct change to.
13 letter words starting with sho
- shockumentary — a television programme showing members of the public in shocking or violent situations
- shoot-to-kill — of or relating to shooting by soldiers or police that is intended to kill rather than disable
- shooting-down — fatal shooting
- short-circuit — Electricity. to make (an appliance, switch, etc.) inoperable by establishing a short circuit in. to carry (a current) as a short circuit.
- short-commons — a scanty allowance of food.
14 letter words starting with sho
- short-tempered — having a quick, hasty temper; irascible.
- shove-ha'penny — a shuffleboard game played with coins or brass disks that are pushed by the hand and thumb down a board toward a scoring pit.
- shoemaker-levy 9 — a comet that was captured into an orbit around Jupiter and later broke up, the fragments colliding with Jupiter in July 1995
15 letter words starting with sho
- shock-resistant — strong or resilient enough to sustain minor impacts without damage to the internal mechanism: a shock-resistant watch.
- shoot-the-chute — a fairground ride consisting of a boat which slides down into a lagoon
- shoulder-length — Shoulder-length hair is long enough to reach your shoulders.
- shove-halfpenny — a shuffleboard game played with coins or brass disks that are pushed by the hand and thumb down a board toward a scoring pit.
- shoulder-length hair — hair that reaches a person's shoulders
16 letter words starting with sho
- shoot-to-disable — of or relating to shooting by soldiers or police that is intended to disable rather than kill
- shortsightedness — unable to see far; nearsighted; myopic.
On this page, we collect all words starting with SHO. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 649 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that beginning with SHO. that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.