Words starting with se
2 letter words starting with se
3 letter words starting with se
4 letter words starting with se
- seal — a member of the U.S. Navy’s special operations forces.
- seam — the line formed by sewing together pieces of cloth, leather, or the like.
- sean — a male given name, form of John.
- seaq — Stock Exchange Automated Quotation: a computerized system that collects and displays the prices and transactions in securities
- sear — to burn or char the surface of: She seared the steak to seal in the juices.
5 letter words starting with se
- seams — the line formed by sewing together pieces of cloth, leather, or the like.
- seamy — unpleasant or sordid; low; disagreeable: the seamy side of life.
- sears — a pivoted piece that holds the hammer at full cock or half cock in the firing mechanism of small arms.
- seato — an organization formed in Manila (1954), comprising Australia, Great Britain, France, New Zealand, Pakistan, the Philippines, Thailand, and the United States, for collective defense against aggression in southeastern Asia and the southwestern Pacific: abolished in 1977.
- sebi- — fat or fatty matter
6 letter words starting with se
- seabed — seafloor.
- seabee — a member of the construction battalions of the U.S. Navy, established in December, 1941, to build landing facilities, airfields, etc., in combat areas.
- seadog — fogbow.
- sealab — any of several experimental U.S. Navy underwater habitats for aquanauts.
- sealed — an embossed emblem, figure, symbol, word, letter, etc., used as attestation or evidence of authenticity.
7 letter words starting with se
- sea-dog — a sailor, especially an old or experienced one.
- sea-doo — a small self-propelled watercraft for one person
- seabird — a bird frequenting the sea or coast.
- seaboot — a high, waterproof wading boot worn for fishing and sailing.
- seaborg — Glenn T(heodor) 1912–1999, U.S. chemist: chairman of the Atomic Energy Commission 1961–71; Nobel prize 1951.
8 letter words starting with se
- sea-born — born in or of the sea, as naiads.
- sea-girt — surrounded by the sea.
- sea-lion — any of several large eared seals, as Eumetopias jubatus (Steller's sea lion) of the northern Pacific, and Zalophus californicus (California sea lion) of the Pacific coast of North America.
- sea-maid — a mermaid.
- sea-salt — table salt produced through the evaporation of seawater.
9 letter words starting with se
- se'nnight — a week.
- se-tenant — a group of stamps that differ in color, value, or design but are printed together on the same sheet and are collected without separating the stamps.
- sea-floor — the solid surface underlying a sea or an ocean.
- sea-green — a clear, light, bluish green.
- sea-horse — any fish of the genus Hippocampus, of the pipefish family, having a prehensile tail, an elongated snout, and a head bent at right angles to the body.
10 letter words starting with se
- sea-breeze — a thermally produced wind blowing from a cool ocean surface onto adjoining warm land.
- seaborgium — a superheavy, synthetic, radioactive element with a very short half-life. Symbol: Sg; atomic number: 106.
- seakeeping — the ability of a vessel to endure rough conditions at sea and navigate safely during long storms.
- seal-point — a Siamese cat having a fawn-colored body and dark-brown points.
- seamanlike — like or befitting a seaman; showing good seamanship.
11 letter words starting with se
- sea-poacher — poacher1 (def 2).
- sealed-beam — a headlight in which the reflector and lens are hermetically sealed together with the filament in a single unit.
- searchingly — examining carefully or thoroughly: a searching inspection.
- searchlight — a device, usually consisting of a light and reflector, for throwing a beam of light in any direction.
- seasickness — nausea and dizziness, sometimes accompanied by vomiting, resulting from the rocking or swaying motion of a vessel in which one is traveling at sea.
12 letter words starting with se
- seamlessness — having no seams: seamless stockings.
- secessionism — a person who secedes, advocates secession, or claims secession as a constitutional right.
- secessionist — a person who secedes, advocates secession, or claims secession as a constitutional right.
- secobarbital — a white, odorless, slightly bitter powder, C 1 2 H 1 8 N 2 O 3 , used as a sedative and hypnotic.
- second-class — of a secondary class or quality.
13 letter words starting with se
- seclusiveness — tending to seclude, especially oneself.
- second-strike — noting, pertaining to, or using nuclear forces capable of withstanding attack and retaliating after an adversary has launched a first strike.
- secretaryship — a person, usually an official, who is in charge of the records, correspondence, minutes of meetings, and related affairs of an organization, company, association, etc.: the secretary of the Linguistic Society of America.
- sedentariness — characterized by or requiring a sitting posture: a sedentary occupation.
- sedimentation — the deposition or accumulation of sediment.
14 letter words starting with se
- secularization — to make secular; separate from religious or spiritual connection or influences; make worldly or unspiritual; imbue with secularism.
- securitization — the use of such securities as eurobonds to enable investors to lend directly to borrowers with a minimum of risk but without using banks as intermediaries
- segregationist — one who favors, encourages, or practices segregation, especially racial segregation.
- seine-et-marne — a department in N France. 2290 sq. mi. (5930 sq. km). Capital: Melun.
- seine-maritime — a department in NW France. 2449 sq. mi. (6340 sq. km). Capital: Rouen.
15 letter words starting with se
- segregationists — one who favors, encourages, or practices segregation, especially racial segregation.
- self-abhorrence — a feeling of extreme repugnance or aversion; utter loathing; abomination.
- self-abnegation — self-denial or self-sacrifice.
- self-absorption — preoccupation with oneself or one's own affairs.
- self-acceptance — the act of taking or receiving something offered.
16 letter words starting with se
- sekondi-takoradi — a seaport in SW Ghana.
- selenomorphology — the study of the lunar surface and landscape
- self-abandonment — absence or lack of personal restraint.
- self-advancement — an act of moving forward.
- self-advertising — the act or practice of calling public attention to one's product, service, need, etc., especially by paid announcements in newspapers and magazines, over radio or television, on billboards, etc.: to get more customers by advertising.
17 letter words starting with se
- seat-of-the-pants — using or based on experience, instinct, or guesswork: a seat-of-the-pants management style.
- second-generation — being the second generation of a family to be born in a particular country: the oldest son of second-generation Americans.
- secretary-general — the head or chief administrative officer of a secretariat.
- seine-saint-denis — a department of N central France, in Île-de-France region. Capital: Bobigny. Pop: 1 396 122 (2003 est). Area: 236 sq km (92 sq miles)
- self-acknowledged — widely recognized; generally accepted: an acknowledged authority on Chinese art.
18 letter words starting with se
19 letter words starting with se
22 letter words starting with se
- secondary-articulation — concomitance of articulation, as in fro, ostensibly a succession of three discrete sounds but physically a single articulation (f-) blending into a coarticulation (-fr-), which blends into an articulation (-r-), which blends into a coarticulation (-ro-), which blends into an articulation (-o).
On this page, we collect all words starting with SE. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 3746 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that beginning with SE. that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.