Words starting with ri
3 letter words starting with ri
- ria — a long, narrow inlet of a river that gradually decreases in depth from mouth to head.
- rib — one of a series of curved bones that are articulated with the vertebrae and occur in pairs, 12 in humans, on each side of the vertebrate body, certain pairs being connected with the sternum and forming the thoracic wall.
- ric — Royal Institute of Chemistry
- rid — to sit on and manage (a horse, bicycle, etc.) so as to be carried along.
- rie — Dame Lucie, original name Lucie Gomperz. 1902–95, British potter, born in Austria
4 letter words starting with ri
- riad — a traditional Moroccan house, built around an interior garden
- rial — rose noble.
- riba — (in Islam) interest or usury, as forbidden by the Koran
- ribs — one of a series of curved bones that are articulated with the vertebrae and occur in pairs, 12 in humans, on each side of the vertebrate body, certain pairs being connected with the sternum and forming the thoracic wall.
- rice — Anne, born 1941, U.S. novelist.
5 letter words starting with ri
6 letter words starting with ri
- rialto — an exchange or mart.
- riancy — the state or quality of being riant
- ribald — vulgar or indecent in speech, language, etc.; coarsely mocking, abusive, or irreverent; scurrilous.
- riband — a decorative ribbon.
- ribbed — one of a series of curved bones that are articulated with the vertebrae and occur in pairs, 12 in humans, on each side of the vertebrate body, certain pairs being connected with the sternum and forming the thoracic wall.
7 letter words starting with ri
- ribband — riband.
- ribbing — one of a series of curved bones that are articulated with the vertebrae and occur in pairs, 12 in humans, on each side of the vertebrate body, certain pairs being connected with the sternum and forming the thoracic wall.
- ribbons — ragged strips or shreds
- ribcage — the enclosure formed by the ribs and their connecting bones.
- ribston — a variety of winter apple, full name ribston pippin apple, grown first in Normandy and imported to Yorkshire
8 letter words starting with ri
- rib-knit — (of a knitted garment or fabric) having a pattern of ribs: a rib-knit sweater.
- ribaldry — ribald character, as of language; scurrility.
- ribbonry — ribbons or ribbon work
- ribgrass — English plantain.
- ribosome — a tiny, somewhat mitten-shaped organelle occurring in great numbers in the cell cytoplasm either freely, in small clusters, or attached to the outer surfaces of endoplasmic reticula, and functioning as the site of protein manufacture.
9 letter words starting with ri
10 letter words starting with ri
- ribbentrop — Joachim von [yoh-ah-khim fuh n] /ˈyoʊ ɑ xɪm fən/ (Show IPA), 1893–1946, German leader in the Nazi party: minister of foreign affairs 1938–45; executed for war crimes.
- ribbonfish — any of several marine fishes of the families Trachipteridae, Regalicidae, and Lophotidae, having a long, compressed, ribbonlike body.
- ribbonwood — a small evergreen malvaceous tree, Hoheria populnea, of New Zealand. Its wood is used in furniture making and the tough bark for making cord
- riboflavin — a vitamin B complex factor appearing as an orange-yellow, crystalline compound, C 1 7 H 2 0 N 4 O 6 , derived from ribose, essential for growth, found in milk, fresh meat, eggs, leafy vegetables, etc., or made synthetically, and used in enriching flour, in vitamin preparations, and in treating facial lesions.
- richardson — Henry Handel (Henrietta Richardson Robertson) 1870–1946, Australian novelist.
11 letter words starting with ri
- rib-tickler — very amusing; funny or hilarious: a book of rib-tickling stories.
- ribbed-knit — rib-knit (def 2).
- ribonucleic — an acid derived from ribose
- rickettsial — any member of the genus Rickettsia, comprising rod-shaped to coccoid microorganisms that resemble bacteria but can be as small as a large virus and reproduce only inside a living cell, parasitic in fleas, ticks, lice, and mites and transmitted by bite to vertebrate hosts, including humans, causing such severe diseases as typhus and Rocky Mountain spotted fever.
- rickrolling — the playfully pointless practice of performing or playing the song ‘Never Gonna Give You Up’ by the British singer Rick Astley to a person or group of people either at a public event or online by means of a disguised hyperlink
12 letter words starting with ri
- rib-tickling — very amusing; funny or hilarious: a book of rib-tickling stories.
- ribonuclease — any of the class of enzymes that catalyze the hydrolysis of RNA.
- rickenbacker — Edward Vernon ("Eddie") 1890–1973, U.S. aviator and aviation executive.
- ridiculously — causing or worthy of ridicule or derision; absurd; preposterous; laughable: a ridiculous plan.
- right-angled — A right-angled triangle has one angle that is a right angle.
13 letter words starting with ri
- right-brained — having the right brain dominant, therefore being more adept at spatial and nonverbal concepts and being more creative and emotional than logical and analytical.
- right-justify — If printed text is right-justified, each line finishes at the same distance from the right-hand edge of the page or column.
- right-to-know — of or relating to laws or policies that make certain government or company data and records available to any individual who has a right or need to know their contents.
- right-to-life — pertaining to or advocating laws making abortion, especially abortion-on-demand, illegal; antiabortion: right-to-life advocates.
- right-to-work — of or relating to the right of workers to gain or keep employment whether or not they belong to a labor union.
14 letter words starting with ri
- ribbon-cutting — a ceremony marking the official opening of a site, the commencement of its construction, etc., typically involving the cutting of a ribbon suspended as across an entrance
- ribonucleoside — a ribonucleotide precursor that contains ribose and a purine or pyrimidine base.
- ribonucleotide — an ester, composed of a ribonucleoside and phosphoric acid, that is a constituent of ribonucleic acid.
- ridiculousness — causing or worthy of ridicule or derision; absurd; preposterous; laughable: a ridiculous plan.
- right-thinking — having acceptably proper or correct convictions, beliefs, etc.
15 letter words starting with ri
- ribonucleotides — an ester, composed of a ribonucleoside and phosphoric acid, that is a constituent of ribonucleic acid.
- right-branching — (of a grammatical construction) characterized by greater structural complexity in the position following the head, as the phrase the house of the friend of my brother; having most of the constituents on the right in a tree diagram (opposed to left-branching).
- right-of-center — holding conservative views in politics; right-wing.
- right-of-centre — You can describe a person or political party as right-of-centre if they have political views which are closer to capitalism and conservatism than to socialism but which are not very extreme.
- rightabout-face — a turning directly about so as to face in the opposite direction
17 letter words starting with ri
- ribonucleoprotein — a substance composed of RNA in close association with protein; a nucleoprotein containing RNA. Abbreviation: RNP.
- riemann-stieltjes integral — the limit, as the norm of partitions of a given interval approaches zero, of the sum of the product of the first of two functions evaluated at some point in each subinterval multiplied by the difference in functional values of the second function at the endpoints of the subinterval.
19 letter words starting with ri
- ring-a-ring-a-roses — a children's game in which the players sing a song, at the end of which they all fall down
21 letter words starting with ri
- ring-around-the-rosey — a children's game in which the players sing while going around in a circle and squat when the lyrics “all fall down” are sung.
On this page, we collect all words starting with RI. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 1023 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that beginning with RI. that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.