Words starting with rh
2 letter words starting with rh
- rh — right hand
- rh disease — erythroblastosis (def 2).
- rh factor — any of a type of specific antigen present on the surface of red blood cells, persons having inherited such antigens being designated Rh+ (Rh positive) and persons lacking them, a much smaller group, being designated Rh− (Rh negative) blood of Rh− persons is incompatible with Rh+ blood because of antibody reaction, and an Rh− woman who bears an Rh+ baby will have formed antibodies to the fetal blood that, unless removed from her bloodstream by apheresis in a subsequent pregnancy, will be carried across the placenta and destroy red blood cells of the next Rh+ fetus, resulting in erythroblastosis in the newborn.
- rh negative — See under Rh factor.
- rh positive — See under Rh factor.
3 letter words starting with rh
4 letter words starting with rh
- rhea — Classical Mythology. a Titan, the daughter of Uranus and Gaea, the wife and sister of Cronus, and the mother of Zeus, Poseidon, Hera, Hades, Demeter, and Hestia: identified with Cybele and, by the Romans, with Ops.
- rhee — Syngman [sing-muh n] /ˈsɪŋ mən/ (Show IPA), 1875–1965, president of South Korea 1948–60.
- rhet — rhetoric
- rhin — French name for a river in central and W Europe, rising in SE Switzerland: flows through Lake Constance north through W Germany and west through the Netherlands to the North Sea. Length: about 1320 km (820 miles)
- rhus — any shrub or small tree of the anacardiaceous genus Rhus, several species of which are cultivated as ornamentals for their foliage, which assumes brilliant colours in autumn
5 letter words starting with rh
6 letter words starting with rh
- rhagae — an ancient city of Media, on the site of present-day Tehran, Iran.
- rhanja — a male lover
- rhebok — a large, deerlike South African antelope, Pelea capreolus, with pale-gray, curly fur and straight horns.
- rheims — a city in NE France: cathedral; unconditional surrender of Germany May 7, 1945.
- rheita — a crater in the fourth quadrant of the face of the moon: about 42 miles (68 km) in diameter.
7 letter words starting with rh
- rhabdom — any of various rod-shaped structures.
- rhabdus — a needlelike structure supporting the soft tissue in an invertebrate sponge
- rhachis — rachis.
- rhaetia — an ancient Roman province in central Europe, comprising what is now E Switzerland and a part of the Tyrol: later extended to the Danube.
- rhaetic — of or relating to a series of rocks formed in the late Triassic period
8 letter words starting with rh
- rhabdoid — a rod-shaped structure found in the cells of some plants and animals
- rhaetian — of or relating to Rhaetia.
- rhagades — linear cracks or scars found in the skin at the angles of the nose and mouth which are one of the later signs of congenital syphilis
- rhamnose — deoxymannose; a deoxy hexose sugar, C 6 H 1 2 O 5 , that is an important component of the polysaccharides of plant cell walls.
- rhapsode — in ancient Greece, a person who recited rhapsodies, esp. one who recited epic poems as a profession
9 letter words starting with rh
10 letter words starting with rh
- rhabdolith — a minute rodlike structure, believed by some to be algae, found at the bottom and the surface of the ocean, and which is composed of calcium carbonate, calcium or limestone
- rhabdomere — one of the many parts that makes up a rhabdom
- rhapsodist — a person who rhapsodizes.
- rhapsodize — to talk with extravagant enthusiasm.
- rheopectic — the property exhibited by certain slow-gelling, thixotropic sols of gelling more rapidly when the containing vessel is shaken gently.
11 letter words starting with rh
- rh-negative — See under Rh factor.
- rh-positive — See under Rh factor.
- rhabdocoele — any member of the turbellarian flatworm order Neorhabdocoela, comprising both freshwater and marine species, having a simple saclike digestive system.
- rhabdomancy — divination by means of a rod or wand, especially in discovering ores, springs of water, etc.
- rhabdomyoma — a benign tumor made up of striated muscular tissue.
12 letter words starting with rh
- rhabdosphere — a minute sphere made up of rhabdoliths
- rhadamanthus — Classical Mythology. a son of Zeus and Europa, rewarded for the justice he exemplified on earth by being made, after his death, a judge in the Underworld, where he served with his brothers Minos and Aeacus.
- rhadamanthys — Classical Mythology. a son of Zeus and Europa, rewarded for the justice he exemplified on earth by being made, after his death, a judge in the Underworld, where he served with his brothers Minos and Aeacus.
- rhamphotheca — the horny covering of a bird's bill.
- rheomorphism — the liquefaction of rock, which results in its flowing and intruding into surrounding rocks
13 letter words starting with rh
- rhadamanthine — Classical Mythology. a son of Zeus and Europa, rewarded for the justice he exemplified on earth by being made, after his death, a judge in the Underworld, where he served with his brothers Minos and Aeacus.
- rheologically — in a rheological manner
- rheoreceptors — a receptor of fishes and aquatic amphibians stimulated by water currents.
- rhinoscleroma — an inflammatory bacterial disease of the nose that is mostly found in Africa and Central America
- rhizocephalan — belonging to the Rhizocephala, a group of degenerate hermaphrodite crustaceans that are parasitic chiefly on crabs.
14 letter words starting with rh
- rhaeto-romance — the group of closely related Romance dialects, including Romansch and Ladin, spoken in SE Switzerland, the Tirol, and N Italy
- rhaeto-romanic — a Romance language consisting of Friulian, Tyrolese, Ladin, and the Romansh dialects.
- rheumatologist — a specialist in rheumatology, especially a physician who specializes in the treatment of rheumatic diseases, as arthritis, lupus erythematosus, and scleroderma.
- rhinencephalon — the part of the cerebrum containing the olfactory structures.
- rhinosporidium — any fungus of the genus Rhinosporidium, members of which produce vascular polyps in the nasal passages.
15 letter words starting with rh
16 letter words starting with rh
- rhabdomyosarcoma — a malignant tumor made up of striated muscle tissue.
- rhinolaryngology — the branch of medicine dealing with diseases of the nose and larynx
- rhinopharyngitis — inflammation of the mucous membranes of the nose and pharynx.
- rhynchocephalian — belonging or pertaining to the Rhynchocephalia, an order of lizardlike reptiles that are extinct except for the tuatara.
- rhythm-and-blues — a folk-based but urbanized form of black popular music that is marked by strong, repetitious rhythms and simple melodies and was developed, in a commercialized form, into rock-'n'-roll.
20 letter words starting with rh
- rhineland-palatinate — a state in W Germany: formerly part of Rhine Province. 7655 sq. mi. (19,825 sq. km). Capital: Mainz.
On this page, we collect all words starting with RH. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 330 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that beginning with RH. that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.