Words starting with r
1 letter words starting with r
- r — the 18th letter of the English alphabet, a consonant.
- r and r — rest and recreation.
- r factor — a genetic component of some bacteria that provides resistance to antibiotics and can be transferred from one bacterium to another by conjugation.
- r horizon — bedrock immediately underlying layers of soil.
2 letter words starting with r
3 letter words starting with r
4 letter words starting with r
5 letter words starting with r
- rabal — the measurement and computation of the speed and direction of winds aloft by theodolitic tracking of a radiosonde.
- rabat — French Maroc. Spanish Marruecos. a kingdom in NW Africa: formed from a sultanate that was divided into two protectorates (French Morocco and Spanish Morocco) and an international zone. 172,104 sq. mi. (445,749 sq. km). Capital: Rabat. Compare Tangier Zone.
- rabbi — the chief religious official of a synagogue, trained usually in a theological seminary and duly ordained, who delivers the sermon at a religious service and performs ritualistic, pastoral, educational, and other functions in and related to his or her capacity as a spiritual leader of Judaism and the Jewish community. Compare cantor (def 2).
- rabia — the fourth month of the Muslim calendar.
- rabic — an infectious disease of dogs, cats, and other animals, transmitted to humans by the bite of an infected animal and usually fatal if prophylactic treatment is not administered: caused by an RNA virus of the rhabdovirus group; hydrophobia.
6 letter words starting with r
- r-less — r-dropping.
- r.i.p. — rest in peace
- rabato — a wide, stiff collar of the 17th century, worn flat over the shoulders or open in front and standing at the back.
- rabaul — the largest island in the Bismarck Archipelago, Papua New Guinea, in the W central Pacific Ocean. About 14,600 sq. mi. (37,814 sq. km). Capital: Rabaul.
- rabbah — the ancient Biblical capital of the Ammonite kingdom east of the Jordan River.
7 letter words starting with r
- r-color — the auditory quality of an r- sound given to a vowel, resulting from retroflex articulation or bunching of the tongue.
- r-rated — (of a motion picture) suitable for those under 17 years of age only when accompanied by an adult.
- r-value — a measure of the resistance of an insulating or building material to heat flow, expressed as R-11, R-20, and so on; the higher the number, the greater the resistance to heat flow.
- raamses — a city that was built for the Pharaoh by the Israelites and from which the Exodus began. Ex. 1:11.
- rabbity — any of several soft-furred, large-eared, rodentlike burrowing mammals of the family Leporidae, allied with the hares and pikas in the order Lagomorpha, having a divided upper lip and long hind legs, usually smaller than the hares and mainly distinguished from them by bearing blind and furless young in nests rather than fully developed young in the open.
8 letter words starting with r
- r-colour — an (r) quality imparted to certain vowels, usually by retroflexion
- r.s.v.p. — to reply to an invitation: Don't forget to RSVP before Thursday.
- rabbanim — master; teacher (used as a term of address and title of respect for a person ranking higher than a rabbi).
- rabbinic — the Hebrew language as used by rabbis in post-Biblical times.
- rabbiter — a person who traps and sells rabbits
9 letter words starting with r
- rabbeting — a deep notch formed in or near one edge of a board, framing timber, etc., so that something else can be fitted into it or so that a door or the like can be closed against it.
- rabbinate — the office or term of office of a rabbi.
- rabbinics — the Hebrew language as used by rabbis in post-Biblical times.
- rabbinism — the beliefs, practices, and precepts of the rabbis of the Talmudic period.
- rabbinite — a proponent of the Talmud and the teachings and traditions of the rabbis in the face of rejection by the Karaites.
10 letter words starting with r
- r-coloring — the auditory quality of an r- sound given to a vowel, resulting from retroflex articulation or bunching of the tongue.
- r-dropping — (of certain pronunciations of English) characterized by the absence of the sound (r) in postvocalic position in the same syllable, as often encountered in speech identified with the southern and eastern United States and with most of England; r-less.
- r.s.v.p.'d — to reply to an invitation: Don't forget to RSVP before Thursday.
- rabbinical — of or relating to rabbis or their learning, writings, etc.
- rabbitfish — a puffer, Lagocephalus laevigatus.
11 letter words starting with r
- r.s.v.p.'ed — to reply to an invitation: Don't forget to RSVP before Thursday.
- rabbitbrush — any of several composite shrubs of the genus Chrysothamnus, of the western U.S. and Mexico, having whitish, hairy branches and yellow flowers.
- rabelaisian — of, relating to, or suggesting François Rabelais, whose work is characterized by broad, coarse humor and keen satire.
- race-course — racetrack.
- racetracker — a person who regularly attends horse races, especially for the purpose of betting.
12 letter words starting with r
- r.s.v.p.'ing — to reply to an invitation: Don't forget to RSVP before Thursday.
- rabble-rouse — to stir up the emotions or prejudices of the public; agitate.
- racemization — the conversion of an optically active substance into an optically inactive mixture of equal amounts of the dextrorotatory and levorotatory forms.
- rachischisis — A developmental birth defect in which the neural tube fails to close completely, leading to motor and sensory deficits, chronic infections, and disturbances in bladder function.
- rachmaninoff — Sergei Wassilievitch [sur-gey vuh-seel-yuh-vich;; Russian syir-gyey vuh-syee-lyi-vyich] /sɜrˈgeɪ vəˈsil yə vɪtʃ;; Russian syɪrˈgyeɪ vʌˈsyi lyɪ vyɪtʃ/ (Show IPA), 1873–1943, Russian pianist and composer.
13 letter words starting with r
- r-methodology — any statistical methodology in psychology that is contrasted with Q-methodology
- rabbit-killer — a rabbit punch.
- rabble-rouser — a person who stirs up the passions or prejudices of the public, usually for his or her own interests; demagogue.
- racialization — to impose a racial interpretation on; place in a racial context.
- radhakrishnan — Sir Sarvepalli [suhr-vuh-puhl-ee] /ˌsʌr vəˈpʌl i/ (Show IPA), 1888–1975, president of India 1962–67.
14 letter words starting with r
- rabble-rousing — of, relating to, or characteristic of a rabble-rouser.
- radicalization — to make radical or more radical, as in politics: young people who are being radicalized by extremist philosophies.
- radioacoustics — the science and technology of the production, transmission, and reproduction of sounds carried by radio waves.
- radioautograph — autoradiograph.
- radiobroadcast — a broadcast by radio.
15 letter words starting with r
- rack-and-pinion — of or relating to a mechanism in which a rack engages a pinion: rack-and-pinion steering.
- radio-telephone — a telephone in which sound or speech is transmitted by means of radio waves instead of through wires or cables.
- radioautography — autoradiography.
- radiogoniometer — a device used to detect the direction of radio waves, consisting of a coil that is free to rotate within two fixed coils at right angles to each other
- radioimmunology — the study of biological substances or processes with the aid of antigens or antibodies labeled with a radioactive isotope.
16 letter words starting with r
- radio-controlled — A radio-controlled device works by receiving radio signals which operate it.
- radiographically — the production of radiographs.
- radioimmunoassay — a test procedure that integrates immunologic and radiolabeling techniques to measure minute quantities of a substance, as a protein, hormone, or drug, in a given sample of body fluid or tissue.
- radiosymmetrical — radially symmetrical.
- radiotransparent — transparent to radiation; invisible in x-ray photographs and under fluoroscopy (opposed to radiopaque).
17 letter words starting with r
- radio-transparent — transparent to radiation; invisible in x-ray photographs and under fluoroscopy (opposed to radiopaque).
- radioluminescence — luminescence induced by nuclear radiation.
- radiometeorograph — a device for the automatic transmission by radio of the data from a set of meteorological instruments
18 letter words starting with r
- radiocommunication — communication by means of radio waves
19 letter words starting with r
On this page, we collect all words starting with letter R. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 11993 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that beginning with R. that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.